U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-07-2011, 01:34 PM
 
Location: SW MO Aux Arcs
19,355 posts, read 16,749,452 times
Reputation: 17515

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Having heard about strict law enforcement in Oklahoma, I'm going to guess that law enforcement in Bakersfield is a bit less strict. But don't take my word for it. Our crimes are a lot lower than it should be due to our law enforcement.

Are they perfect? No. They've received warranted criticism for the way they have handled arrests and shootings. That's why most law abiding citizens reside in the southwest and northwest of Bakersfield -- the east side of Bakersfield tend to have crimes like all other cities do.

BTW, I don't think I need to remind you that Curmie hasn't resided in Bakersfield for more than 20 years -- for the umpteenth time. I mean, the guy moved to someplace called Ozarks somewhere in Missouri -- wherever that is!
...and readily admitted it's been 22 years and posited that things could have changed. But he doubts it.

Missouri - dead center in the country so decidedly the heartland.

Aux Arcs - God's country. Fresh air, clean water and four seasons as it should be!

Oh, yeah. And it doesn't rain mud!

Besides, Monterey to Bakers? Hasta be a mental disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-07-2011, 01:43 PM
 
158 posts, read 175,044 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
...and readily admitted it's been 22 years and posited that things could have changed. But he doubts it.

Missouri - dead center in the country so decidedly the heartland.

Aux Arcs - God's country. Fresh air, clean water and four seasons as it should be!

Oh, yeah. And it doesn't rain mud!

Besides, Monterey to Bakers? Hasta be a mental disorder.

Don't worry my dear. You have talked up this place so much, that I now know where we'll be retiring after our "time" in Bakersfield In fact, I may get everyone to follow me so that your peaceful haven would become the LA of Missouri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 01:52 PM
 
2,090 posts, read 2,275,259 times
Reputation: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
...and readily admitted it's been 22 years and posited that things could have changed. But he doubts it.

Missouri - dead center in the country so decidedly the heartland.

Aux Arcs - God's country. Fresh air, clean water and four seasons as it should be!

Oh, yeah. And it doesn't rain mud!

Besides, Monterey to Bakers? Hasta be a mental disorder.

Didn't you reside in Monterey for a bit? Yet you moved to Ozark, Missouri. Whoooooa.... LOL

You haven't resided in Bakersfield for 22 years. Twenty. Two. Years. When someone wants an objective opinion of Bakersfield in the 1990's, you can step up and tell us your experience.

You resided in Fort Ord military base for a few months in the 1960's or so. You glorify about the area as if you lived in the area for more than two decades, which happens to be my hometown of Monterey. Unlike you, when CD forum members are inquiring information about Monterey, I defer mostly to MtnSurfer because he now resides in the area and has the up-to-date info since I moved out 10 years ago.

BTW, moving from Monterey to Bakersfield is not so much of a mental disorder, but due to better opportunities that can afford us to have more discretionary income. It's the exact same reason why Ms. Izzy is considering a move to Bakersfield. So by your logic, why don't you tell her that she has a mental disorder as well? I haven't seen you do it.

Hope you're enjoying life in the Ozarks. Whatever or wherever that is. Such an odd name for place to live.

Last edited by TimC2462; 10-07-2011 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 02:03 PM
 
Location: SW MO Aux Arcs
19,355 posts, read 16,749,452 times
Reputation: 17515
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Didn't you reside in Monterey for a bit? Yet you moved to Ozark, Missouri. Whoooooa.... LOL

You haven't resided in Bakersfield for 22 years. Twenty. Two. Years. When someone wants an objective opinion of Bakersfield in the 1990's, you can step up and tell us your experience.

You resided in Fort Ord military base for a few months in the 1960's or so. You glorify about the area as if you lived in the area for more than two decades, which happens to be my hometown of Monterey. Unlike you, when CD forum members are inquiring information about Monterey, I defer mostly to MtnSurfer because he now resides in the area and has the up-to-date info since I moved out 10 years ago.

BTW, moving from Monterey to Bakersfield is not so much of a mental disorder, but due to better opportunities that can afford us to have more discretionary income. The exact same reason why Ms. Izzy is considering a move to Bakersfield. So by your logic, when don't you tell her that she has a mental disorder as well? I haven't seen you do it.

Hope you're enjoying life in the Ozarks. Whatever or wherever that is. Such an odd name for place to live.
She hasn't taken the plunge yet. If she does, I'll "diagnose" her too.

By the way, income isn't necessarily all that. But that's only my take on it.

Time lapse notwithstanding, I do love Monterey. Returned every chance I had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
 
2,090 posts, read 2,275,259 times
Reputation: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
She hasn't taken the plunge yet. If she does, I'll "diagnose" her too.

By the way, income isn't necessarily all that. But that's only my take on it.

Time lapse notwithstanding, I do love Monterey. Returned every chance I had.

For some families, income is a major factor.

I'm not saying Bakersfield is a paradise. It has its problems as all other cities do. But it isn't a hell hole as you are exaggerating it to be.

When someone like Ms. Izzy is looking to the forum for information to help her family make a major decision that will impact their lives, I don't think you should be trivial about it. If you have criticism about the city of Bakersfield, make them known objectively. Even now, Ms. Izzy doesn't know whether to take you seriously or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM
 
2,090 posts, read 2,275,259 times
Reputation: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsIzzy View Post
Yes, I needed to read this again because quite frankly, I didn't believe you. Please continue reminding me. Maybe I am having a senior moment.

As long as they're shooting the bad guys, I wouldn't lose much sleep Honestly, I don't know how law enforcement can remain sane when dealing with the b.s. they have to handle day in and day out. Not related to a cop or anything, but having dealt with delinquents in high school, I thank them every day they drag one of those scum bags off in handcuffs

If you want to get an idea of what kind of politics and lifestyle exists in Bakersfield, visit Bakersfield.com daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 PM
 
Location: SW MO Aux Arcs
19,355 posts, read 16,749,452 times
Reputation: 17515
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
For some families, income is a major factor.

I'm not saying Bakersfield is a paradise. It has its problems as all other cities do. But it isn't a hell hole as you are exaggerating it to be.

When someone like Ms. Izzy is looking to the forum for information to help her family make a major decision that will impact their lives, I don't think you should be trivial about it. If you have criticism about the city of Bakersfield, make them known objectively. Even now, Ms. Izzy doesn't know whether to take you seriously or not.
Simple solution. Don't take me TOO seriously. I am a curmudgeon, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsIzzy View Post
Don't worry my dear. You have talked up this place so much, that I now know where we'll be retiring after our "time" in Bakersfield In fact, I may get everyone to follow me so that your peaceful haven would become the LA of Missouri
Got a death wish, do ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 02:44 PM
 
2,090 posts, read 2,275,259 times
Reputation: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Simple solution. Don't take me TOO seriously. I am a curmudgeon, after all.
Then include that disclaimer at the end of every post you make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 03:16 PM
 
158 posts, read 175,044 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Didn't you reside in Monterey for a bit? Yet you moved to Ozark, Missouri. Whoooooa.... LOL

You haven't resided in Bakersfield for 22 years. Twenty. Two. Years. When someone wants an objective opinion of Bakersfield in the 1990's, you can step up and tell us your experience.

You resided in Fort Ord military base for a few months in the 1960's or so. You glorify about the area as if you lived in the area for more than two decades, which happens to be my hometown of Monterey. Unlike you, when CD forum members are inquiring information about Monterey, I defer mostly to MtnSurfer because he now resides in the area and has the up-to-date info since I moved out 10 years ago.

BTW, moving from Monterey to Bakersfield is not so much of a mental disorder, but due to better opportunities that can afford us to have more discretionary income. It's the exact same reason why Ms. Izzy is considering a move to Bakersfield. So by your logic, why don't you tell her that she has a mental disorder as well? I haven't seen you do it.

Hope you're enjoying life in the Ozarks. Whatever or wherever that is. Such an odd name for place to live.

You need to say that everytime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
She hasn't taken the plunge yet. If she does, I'll "diagnose" her too.

By the way, income isn't necessarily all that. But that's only my take on it.

Time lapse notwithstanding, I do love Monterey. Returned every chance I had.
You'll be the first to know! And you will have an open invitation to spend time with us. That's a promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
For some families, income is a major factor.

I'm not saying Bakersfield is a paradise. It has its problems as all other cities do. But it isn't a hell hole as you are exaggerating it to be.

When someone like Ms. Izzy is looking to the forum for information to help her family make a major decision that will impact their lives, I don't think you should be trivial about it. If you have criticism about the city of Bakersfield, make them known objectively. Even now, Ms. Izzy doesn't know whether to take you seriously or not.
I know it's a "sour grapes" thing for our learned friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
If you want to get an idea of what kind of politics and lifestyle exists in Bakersfield, visit Bakersfield.com daily.

Thanks. You come across as a very logical, objective person I am now quite curious about what you do for a living...

Last edited by MsIzzy; 10-07-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 03:20 PM
 
158 posts, read 175,044 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Simple solution. Don't take me TOO seriously. I am a curmudgeon, after all.


I don't

Got a death wish, do ya?

You would never harm me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:54 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top