Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hats On or Off while eating?
Yes, I wear my hat while eating. 12 24.49%
No, I take my hat off while eating. 28 57.14%
I like Cake and Beach Babes! 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Preaching to the choir, Null. A number of my relatives have proudly served in the Navy, one of whom was my son - a Navy diver and demolitions/EOD expert; one of the first in and last out during Desert Storm. Another was my father; a Marine/Naval aviator in two wars who often flew off carriers. Read the genesis of my remark to you buddy. You might have to go back a bit to find it, though.

Interesting that he can make disparaging remarks about other services and others who have served all he wants and you don't say a word. But let one come back at him and there you are at the ready.

Showin' yur hand a bit to clearly there, Chum.
Chief, I've never caught "him" disparaging other services ... perhaps "he" has, but I haven't read it ... and I didn't give you hardly any flak on this, either ... I simply put in a word on behalf of sailors ... and there have been posts where I differed with one issue or another as characterized by "him" ... you have some sort of obsession with me and "him" ... whatever ... when I differ with you I focus on the issue I have with "you" ... and I still give you credit when in my mind credit is due from my perspective. You and I have significant opposing views and styles ... and a few things in common ... I get caustic, and yet you'll note I have never referred to you as "stupid" ... as such, I know that you can see the differences between me and "him" ... yet you persist in trying to diminish "us" by lumping "us" together ... help yourself ... personally, I regard "his" points of view and experiences quite highly ... "his" knowledge of and grasp of history in particular is exceptionally good ... thus, I am not offended by the comparisons. I just don't get how it is that you think that by comparing you are somehow negating either of us? What opinions are expressed each stand on their own merit or not. Not whether one or two share a point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Chief, I've never caught "him" disparaging other services ... perhaps "he" has, but I haven't read it ... and I didn't give you hardly any flak on this, either ... I simply put in a word on behalf of sailors ... and there have been posts where I differed with one issue or another as characterized by "him" ... you have some sort of obsession with me and "him" ... whatever ... when I differ with you I focus on the issue I have with "you" ... and I still give you credit when in my mind credit is due from my perspective. You and I have significant opposing views and styles ... and a few things in common ... I get caustic, and yet you'll note I have never referred to you as "stupid" ... as such, I know that you can see the differences between me and "him" ... yet you persist in trying to diminish "us" by lumping "us" together ... help yourself ... personally, I regard "his" points of view and experiences quite highly ... "his" knowledge of and grasp of history in particular is exceptionally good ... thus, I am not offended by the comparisons. I just don't get how it is that you think that by comparing you are somehow negating either of us? What opinions are expressed each stand on their own merit or not. Not whether one or two share a point of view.
OK, Null. I'll give you all that at face value, but for the disparagement issue. Fair enough?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:22 AM

158 posts, read 332,266 times
Quote:
Preaching to the choir, Null. A number of my relatives have proudly served in the Navy, one of whom was my son - a Navy diver and demolitions/EOD expert; one of the first in and last out during Desert Storm. Another was my father; a Marine/Naval aviator in two wars who often flew off carriers. Read the genesis of my remark to you buddy. You might have to go back a bit to find it, though.

Interesting that he can make disparaging remarks about other services and others who have served all he wants and you don't say a word. But let one come back at him and there you are at the ready.

Showin' yur hand a bit to clearly there, Chum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post

Now, now ladies. Kiss and make up

Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
OK, Null. I'll give you all that at face value, but for the disparagement issue. Fair enough?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
It ain't universal, now in some cultures if a man tells you to remove your hat you must kill him,, how's them apples..
I like that one

Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:

How come I didn't see the kiss before?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:19 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,681,502 times
Quote:
reasonablty safe from incoming then forever trumpeting about pi$$ing on campfires to put them out and touting how manly we were.
Yo, Fontucky, I do believe Curmie is disparaging fire fighters.

Dear Curmie, I don't disparage other services, I disparage you, see the difference? You be the guy that left California because he just couldn't stand it any more, and instead of jumping into your new state and having a bit of fun, you incessantly post on the California forum.

I do consider my interactions with you to be a success, you don't mention your military service in every post as you once did and you are not quite the pontificating blowhard you were some time back.
I haven't figured out yet if you are Yeahthatguy or he is you.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
I do consider my interactions with you to be a success, you don't mention your military service in every post as you once did and you are not quite the pontificating blowhard you were some time back.
Substitute firefighting for military and you have always occupied the winner's circle in both respects. So your efforts to enthrone yourself have succeeded. Congratulations! You're pretty accomplished at prevaricating as well.

Have the highest regard for firefighters. Just none for you.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,681,502 times
Here is a challenge for you, spend some time, find any post I ever made where I talked about fire fighting, aside from the one I made about working the poor Marines into the ground.

I don't think you will find one, so again, Jim Beam or dotage?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Yo, Fontucky, I do believe Curmie is disparaging fire fighters.

Dear Curmie, I don't disparage other services, I disparage you, see the difference? You be the guy that left California because he just couldn't stand it any more, and instead of jumping into your new state and having a bit of fun, you incessantly post on the California forum.

I had wondered about that. I think he LOVES California and cannot bring himself to cut that umbilical cord But had he stayed on the Ozark forum, I would not have had the pleasure of his reading his amusing comments about Bakersfield. Priceless I tell ya! Going out there just to see what the fuss is all about

Quote:
Substitute firefighting for military and you have always occupied the winner's circle in both respects. So your efforts to enthrone yourself have succeeded. Congratulations! You're pretty accomplished at prevaricating as well.

Have the highest regard for firefighters. Just none for you.
Most women do too, but for different reasons. I buy the calendars every year They're HOT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California