U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 AM

106 posts, read 108,411 times

Advertisements

Really? I am not a pot smoker and I think this is extreme!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 08:21 AM

25,087 posts, read 32,528,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Actually, the Obama administration has done a far better job of cracking down on employers who hire illegal immigrants than any other president. Obama is doing it smarter than anyone else. Instead of conducting high profile (anger his base) raids on fields, his administration raids the offices of the people who employ illegal immigrants. It's probably more effective, and doesn't anger his base. Heck, I bet most of his base isn't even aware of this.

Actually Barack Obama has directed his administration to halt thousands of deportations while deciding to prioritize deportations based on how a person has conducted themselves here-in other words, criminal illegals are fast tracked out while those who are not criminals are slowtracked pending opportunities to allow them to stay.

And that's FINE imo.

My point with respect to this thread is, why is he so lenient with illegal immigration which most people would say is far more prejudicial and taxing to our federal budget but then he decides to be totally restrictive on pot clubs that serve many people who smoke marijuana in order to alleviate pain from terminal disease???? That makes no sense.

Im not a pot smoker, never have been, never will be, but this seems like a huge hypocrisy on Obama's part.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:12 AM

12,744 posts, read 12,993,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Actually, the Obama administration has done a far better job of cracking down on employers who hire illegal immigrants than any other president. Obama is doing it smarter than anyone else. Instead of conducting high profile (anger his base) raids on fields, his administration raids the offices of the people who employ illegal immigrants. It's probably more effective, and doesn't anger his base. Heck, I bet most of his base isn't even aware of this.
If this is true, how are houses and roads getting built? Crops picked?

These raids are so quiet and sneaky no one knows about them?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
If this is true, how are houses and roads getting built? Crops picked?

These raids are so quiet and sneaky no one knows about them?
My cul-de-sac in the Oakland Hills was rudely awakened one morning(around 6am) a few weeks ago when 3 cars packed with ICE agents raided my widowed, elderly neighbor's house just to arrest her live-in housekeeper who works for an employment agency but used a fake SSN to gain work. Apparently she's been living in America for 20 years and the ICE agents told us that they were focusing on Illegals who are wanted for crimes committed here in the US.

It was quite the event for our otherwise very quiet neighborhood.

A few of our lawyer neighbors were extremely terse with the ICE agents and I was furious at how rude they were to my neighbor threatening to arrest her(an 84 year old granny)--so I brought her to my house to stay with me while the ICE people were rummaging through her home for whatever.

So they arrested the poor housekeeper and shipped her up to a women's facility in Yuba County where she is awaiting a deportation hearing.

I know illegal immigration is wrong, but I felt very bad for the housekeeper and my neighbor.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:24 AM

7,151 posts, read 4,306,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
My cul-de-sac in the Oakland Hills was rudely awakened one morning(around 6am) a few weeks ago when 3 cars packed with ICE agents raided my widowed, elderly neighbor's house just to arrest her live-in housekeeper who works for an employment agency but used a fake SSN to gain work. Apparently she's been living in America for 20 years and the ICE agents told us that they were focusing on Illegals who are wanted for crimes committed here in the US.

A few of our lawyer neighbors were extremely terse with the ICE agents and I was furious at how rude they were to my neighbor threatening to arrest her(an 84 year old granny)--so I brought her to my house to stay with me while the ICE people were rummaging through her home for whatever.

So they arrested the poor housekeeper and shipped her up to a women's facility in Yuba County where she is awaiting a deportation hearing.

I know illegal immigration is wrong, but I felt very bad for the housekeeper and my neighbor.
Meanwhile today, as every weekday, Wall St. is bustling with "legals" legally raping and pillaging America ... speaking of priorities ... just sayin'

Old 10-07-2011, 10:32 AM

20,448 posts, read 13,135,039 times
Quote:

Seems like that would have been in the news. Any links?

Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Seems like that would have been in the news. Any links?
Yeah, it was on the news. I dont know what her housekeeper did tho to deserve being part of this sweep.

Found some articles online, there are many more:

Nearly 3,000 arrested in nationwide immigration sweep - The Reporter

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/29/394...crackdown.html

http://www.silobreaker.com/immigration-sweep-nets-186-in-northern-california-more-than-2900-nationwide-5_2264880995578675255 (broken link)

Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM

20,448 posts, read 13,135,039 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was on the news. I dont know what her housekeeper did tho to deserve being part of this sweep.

Found some articles online, there are many more:

Nearly 3,000 arrested in nationwide immigration sweep - The Reporter

Federal immigration crackdown includes 18 arrests in Sacramento area - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee

Immigration sweep nets 186 in Northern California,... - Silobreaker (http://www.silobreaker.com/immigration-sweep-nets-186-in-northern-california-more-than-2900-nationwide-5_2264880995578675255 - broken link)
Oh yeah I remember when that occurred. Thanks. Might be good that your neighbor is relieved of her services. She might want to check to see if anything has gone missing.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Oh yeah I remember when that occurred. Thanks. Might be good that your neighbor is relieved of her services. She might want to check to see if anything has gone missing.
Well, she's been working there for over 10 years and as far as I know, nothing is missing-my neighbor's adult daughter lives with her now and Id probably be more weary of a relative stealing from me. LOLjk

Live and Learn I guess.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:06 AM

7,151 posts, read 4,306,797 times
Do I detect an anti-Obama sentiment creeping into this thread? How unusual. As a militantly avowed anti-political, I nevertheless particularly like Obama for his sensible philosophies. You know, about how this country is not here for progressive agenda only, nor conservative agenda only ... but is a nation of well over 300 million differing points of view, all supposedly sharing a common love of democracy. And to try to balance the interests of 312 million lovers of freedom, he happens to believe in analysis and compromise, undertaken in a calm, intellectual manner, and negotiated without chest-beating theatrics.

For his efforts he is skewered by his own supporters as well as opposition. Lacking any measure of support from both sides, he is blamed for the failures of a multi-tiered system of which he is only one player among many. Meanwhile the Obama Administration has, by historical evaluation, been remarkably active and effective.

Why doesn't it appear so -- even to his own supporters? Media coverage (yeah on the left, too) is based on The Three "C"s: Crime, Chaos, Criticism ... problem-solving coverage is limited to topics that segue only into more sensationalism.

You all on the right won't listen anyway, so never mind reading the links below. But for those of you center and left who are blowing off on the finest example of intelligence to hit the White House since the days of George Washington and Jefferson, here's your links about what the man has been doing while struggling under a mandate from the right to, above all else, destroy the Presidency:
Quell the Naysayers! President Obama Has Accomplished a LOT! Here's a List... - Please Cut the Crap!
Short List of Progressive Achievements by The Obama Administration Shoq Value

It's not about supporting Obama's policies, it's about supporting the system under which we all live. You all think he's not tough enough? Maybe who's not tough is ourselves. Not tough enough to support the country we claim allegiance to. Destroy the Presidency indeed. The man is willing. Congress is not -- including Democrats. The electorate has the patience of a two-year-old to boot. Get behind intelligent leadership? What a concept! Even you on the right can find this guy willing to play ball with you if you stop taking the bat and ball home with you because you don't like the way the sides were chosen up.

Rant for the day. Thanks for not listening you bunch of wussies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California