Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:13 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,669,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, she's been working there for over 10 years and as far as I know, nothing is missing-my neighbor's adult daughter lives with her now and Id probably be more weary of a relative stealing from me. LOLjk

Live and Learn I guess.
That is very likely, had it happen in my family several times to some of our old folks. Didnt find out about it until after they passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Do I detect an anti-Obama sentiment creeping into this thread? How unusual. As a militantly avowed anti-political, I nevertheless particularly like Obama for his sensible philosophies. You know, about how this country is not here for progressive agenda only, nor conservative agenda only ... but is a nation of well over 300 million differing points of view, all supposedly sharing a common love of democracy. And to try to balance the interests of 312 million lovers of freedom, he happens to believe in analysis and compromise, undertaken in a calm, intellectual manner, and negotiated without chest-beating theatrics.

For his efforts he is skewered by his own supporters as well as opposition. Lacking any measure of support from both sides, he is blamed for the failures of a multi-tiered system of which he is only one player among many. Meanwhile the Obama Administration has, by historical evaluation, been remarkably active and effective.

Why doesn't it appear so -- even to his own supporters? Media coverage (yeah on the left, too) is based on The Three "C"s: Crime, Chaos, Criticism ... problem-solving coverage is limited to topics that segue only into more sensationalism.

You all on the right won't listen anyway, so never mind reading the links below. But for those of you center and left who are blowing off on the finest example of intelligence to hit the White House since the days of George Washington and Jefferson, here's your links about what the man has been doing while struggling under a mandate from the right to, above all else, destroy the Presidency:
Quell the Naysayers! President Obama Has Accomplished a LOT! Here's a List... - Please Cut the Crap!
Short List of Progressive Achievements by The Obama Administration « Shoq Value

It's not about supporting Obama's policies, it's about supporting the system under which we all live. You all think he's not tough enough? Maybe who's not tough is ourselves. Not tough enough to support the country we claim allegiance to. Destroy the Presidency indeed. The man is willing. Congress is not -- including Democrats. The electorate has the patience of a two-year-old to boot. Get behind intelligent leadership? What a concept! Even you on the right can find this guy willing to play ball with you if you stop taking the bat and ball home with you because you don't like the way the sides were chosen up.

Rant for the day. Thanks for not listening you bunch of wussies.
Ok I got anti Obama blah blah blah wussies. LOL!!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 10:20 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,150,743 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was on the news. I dont know what her housekeeper did tho to deserve being part of this sweep.

Found some articles online, there are many more:

Nearly 3,000 arrested in nationwide immigration sweep - The Reporter

Federal immigration crackdown includes 18 arrests in Sacramento area - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee

Immigration sweep nets 186 in Northern California,... - Silobreaker (http://www.silobreaker.com/immigration-sweep-nets-186-in-northern-california-more-than-2900-nationwide-5_2264880995578675255 - broken link)
That story says almost all the arrests were of people with felony records. This is a good thing, but is meaningless in the broader context of dealing with illegal immigration. I would hardly look at this as some sign of a new focus by the feds on immigration.

As for the pot businesses - I have no problem with medicinal MJ. But I do like to see it be truly medicinal and not a watered down legalization play.

I also wonder why the Feds aren't going into Colorado, which may have just as much medicinal prescribing going on.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:20 AM

50,226 posts, read 46,975,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The funny part is people squealing that States cannot override the Feds on immigration but then they squeal how unjust it is when it comes to something like this.

In one they quote the Constitution, when that doesn't work for them it is never mentioned. I think that is the Burger King approach to this group of people. The have it my way.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:22 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,890,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Oh, and ... forgot to sign off:
"Crunchy Ted"

Old 10-07-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The funny part is people squealing that States cannot override the Feds on immigration but then they squeal how unjust it is when it comes to something like this.

In one they quote the Constitution, when that doesn't work for them it is never mentioned. I think that is the Burger King approach to this group of people. The have it my way.
All depends on your personal agenda now dosent it.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:27 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,848,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Do I detect an anti-Obama sentiment creeping into this thread? How unusual. As a militantly avowed anti-political, I nevertheless particularly like Obama for his sensible philosophies. You know, about how this country is not here for progressive agenda only, nor conservative agenda only ... but is a nation of well over 300 million differing points of view, all supposedly sharing a common love of democracy. And to try to balance the interests of 312 million lovers of freedom, he happens to believe in analysis and compromise, undertaken in a calm, intellectual manner, and negotiated without chest-beating theatrics.

For his efforts he is skewered by his own supporters as well as opposition. Lacking any measure of support from both sides, he is blamed for the failures of a multi-tiered system of which he is only one player among many. Meanwhile the Obama Administration has, by historical evaluation, been remarkably active and effective.

Why doesn't it appear so -- even to his own supporters? Media coverage (yeah on the left, too) is based on The Three "C"s: Crime, Chaos, Criticism ... problem-solving coverage is limited to topics that segue only into more sensationalism.

You all on the right won't listen anyway, so never mind reading the links below. But for those of you center and left who are blowing off on the finest example of intelligence to hit the White House since the days of George Washington and Jefferson, here's your links about what the man has been doing while struggling under a mandate from the right to, above all else, destroy the Presidency:
Quell the Naysayers! President Obama Has Accomplished a LOT! Here's a List... - Please Cut the Crap!
Short List of Progressive Achievements by The Obama Administration « Shoq Value

It's not about supporting Obama's policies, it's about supporting the system under which we all live. You all think he's not tough enough? Maybe who's not tough is ourselves. Not tough enough to support the country we claim allegiance to. Destroy the Presidency indeed. The man is willing. Congress is not -- including Democrats. The electorate has the patience of a two-year-old to boot. Get behind intelligent leadership? What a concept! Even you on the right can find this guy willing to play ball with you if you stop taking the bat and ball home with you because you don't like the way the sides were chosen up.

Rant for the day. Thanks for not listening you bunch of wussies.

You called me a wussy.
Many people (myself included) wrongly assumed that his presence in the White House would reignite a political and social spirit that has unfortunately long since passed.
There was a naive hope that he would be an instrument of real transformation in a time when it is desperately needed.
Despite his good works (of which admittedly i haven't tracked - thanks for the links) many people are dealing with a kind of disillusionment.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
You called me a wussy.
Many people (myself included) wrongly assumed that his presence in the White House would reignite a political and social spirit that has unfortunately long since passed.
There was a naive hope that he would be an instrument of real transformation in a time when it is desperately needed.
Despite his good works (of which admittedly i haven't tracked - thanks for the links) many people are dealing with a kind of disillusionment.
Yeah, well, I understand -- to a point ...

But the facts is: the office of the President of the United States is an office to best serve ALL the people, not just progressives -- and not just conservatives ... anyone who is of one strong persuasion, or the other, and who gets their hopes up that their own agenda will be served over others, is setting themselves up for disillusionment ... the President is doing his job to the best ability he is being allowed by those who serve with him in all the positions of responsibilities -- and by those who support him or oppose him in the private sector -- and we, the electorate. Countermand your commander-in-chief during combat at your own peril. And when you do, and find yourself pinned under fire you can't escape, don't blame your skipper.

I'm just sayin'
Crunchy Ted

Old 10-07-2011, 12:54 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,370,812 times
Quote:
I think very few people would rank medicinal marijuana a more pressing issue than illegal immigration yet the Fed is suddenly cracking down on the former while ignoring that latter?

Odd.
^this

Old 10-07-2011, 01:25 PM

And another thing ... (as long as I'm ranting today ) ... here's a link, for those who can actually read, that without promoting any of the agendas: liberal, conservative, or moderate, illuminates Obama's methodologies and effectiveness. It is a top-drawer analysis of what the President has been up to -- and what he has sacrificed to get things done for the overall good of the nation. It is analyzed as a chess game.

Obama as Chess Master: 'Think of Him as Bobby Fischer' - James Fallows - Politics - The Atlantic

For those of you condemning Obama because it appears that your pot dispensaries are becoming at risk, try considering a bigger picture. (No, I'm not anti-pot ... I think it should be legalized, even though I can't stand the weed myself. And yeah, I really hate being around people who drink past their 2nd or 3rd beer or wine.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California