Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:51 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie123 View Post
Sorry English Dave. Raquel was not nice. I am using very polite words here, I could use much worse. Not only was Raquel not nice, she did not even allow the wait staff to be tipped. It was really a slap in the face.
I always figured Raquel Welch wasn't acting when she appeared on Seinfeld.

http://youtu.be/vOUUpMZbtlM (broken link)
(http://youtu.be/vOUUpMZbtlM - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 01:57 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
I lived in California as a small kid and didn't give a fig about celebrities.

The only celebrity I ever saw, that I recall, was when I walked out of the class room in 2nd grade to go use the bathroom and ran in to Smokey the Bear. He scared the crap out of me so I cried while all the kids ran to the windows to see Smokey.

I got a personal introduction to him and he then proceeded on to whatever it was he was doing at school that day.

Anyway, life in CA is not about the celebrities. Frankly I think the state would be a whole lot nicer without them in it.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:59 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I used to sleep on Fort DeRussy beach, when it was sprinkling. cOOl

I love Kauai the best & the 'Big Island'.
Yeah, for sure ... and speaking of celebrities ... man, do they love that place as a "hide-out"! Big Island is the only place left that still has a lively enclave of ex-patriots, outlaws, hippies, and locals all co-existing in the jungle ... around Pahoa ... very few celebrities go there ... my kinda a place

Old 10-13-2011, 02:41 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,699,195 times
Connecticut used to have a few celebs. That was when they had no income tax, plus there is the proximity to NYC. There are also some very good playhouses, which served as a draw. Sometimes the actors would give workshops, or so I was told.

Anyway, I waited on Joanne Woodward while Paul stood off to the side. Paul was so polite when 2 elderly women approached him and praised his work. The Newmans had a home in CT, 2 homes if I am not mistaken. I waited on a few celebs. Big deal. It never meant anything to me then, or now. Just something to write about on a forum! They got the same fine treatment, attention to detail, polite and excellent service the low-income elderly or over-worked person running errands would recieve. I remembered why I was there.
Ginger Rogers was as polite and sweet as she was still attractive. A famous director/actor with trademark glasses who is out of NYC was arrogant and, IMO, rude. I didn't recognize him. He had to wait. AWWWWW. He said "I guess I should have worn the glasses." with a very sarcastic tone and mean look. Why? Was I supposed to give him preferential treatment, take him ahead of anyone else? He saw the long line. A famous couple in show biz and music who are no longer a couple were RUDE RUDE RUDE, the most arrogant, rude 2 people I ever waited on, EVER, to this very day.

Then there were 2 who said "I can't believe that no one here recognizes us!". Since I don't go to the movies much, and can't stand most of what's on TV, I didn't recognize them, and to this day still don't know who they were. Well, if they wanted to go incognito, they came to the right person and they were at the right place!!!! Not to worry, I was just as nice to them as anyone else.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:16 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
I'm assuming you are from Muskogee, Oklahoma. Have you ever seen Merle Haggard or Brad Pitt drinkin at the honky tonk? That would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsIzzy View Post
Not all these folks are Okies, so that's not the reason they're so dumb We have lots of folks from other parts of the US, and even the lady next door who recently moved here from somewhere in Calif. I forget already where she's from, but that's the first feedback I got about life out there...sigh

Old 10-13-2011, 05:24 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
MS Izzy,
Perhaps you should find your memory darlin'. You mite need it someday. heeheehee

Old 10-20-2011, 05:49 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
You have a much better chance of seeing illegals in ca then you do celebrities. I could care less about celebrities but if its a must for you then be sure to drive around beverly hills, bel air & hollwood. You might spot a few of them.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:14 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
You have a much better chance of seeing illegals in ca then you do celebrities. I could care less about celebrities but if its a must for you then be sure to drive around beverly hills, bel air & hollwood. You might spot a few of them.
Or go down to a local courthouse!

Old 10-20-2011, 06:50 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,699,195 times
Speaking of celebs, just what is Lindsey Lohan famous for, besides getting DUI's and parole violations?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:26 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,497,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsIzzy View Post
I was mentioning to a few people that we "may" be moving out to California.

The first thing people say to that is "OMG, you'll get to see so MANY celebrities!" WTH I could give a flying fig about celebrities. There is no way in hell I would waste my precious life, and time, to go drive around wherever these freaks live to catch a glimpse of them

Here I was talking about all the great national parks, but getting the most assinine feedback about the time they were in LA, Santa Barbara, Malibu etc. trying to track down where so-and-so lived or hung out. Not all these folks are Okies, so that's not the reason they're so dumb We have lots of folks from other parts of the US, and even the lady next door who recently moved here from somewhere in Calif. I forget already where she's from, but that's the first feedback I got about life out there...sigh

Thats funny....when my parents first moved to Tennessee 3 years ago.....everyone (like there realtor) were asking them if they saw alot of movie stars in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California