U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:15 PM

2,190 posts, read 5,947,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
You stuffed bears!?! Wow! I think that qualifies for 'expert status'. I mean Richard Gere only got as far as gerbils, but BEARS! I mean forgive my incredulity, but...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 PM

7,150 posts, read 8,803,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
You stuffed bears!?! Wow! I think that qualifies for 'expert status'. I mean Richard Gere only got as far as gerbils, but BEARS! I mean forgive my incredulity, but...
Well, think about it ... fancy boy Gere ... fluff ... what's it take to stuff a gerbil? You see, that's what's so, uh, 'shallow' about most celebrities in California ... but, anyway, I fear you got it backwards about me and the bear-stuffing ... yee-haw! Bottom line (so to speak) is: if you're looking for a thrill through hooking up with a celebrity in California, you gotta try the animal stars ...

Who needs a razor? This is what a real woman looks like

Old 10-09-2011, 01:37 AM

22,383 posts, read 27,581,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I love Clint Eastwood ... even though he's a republican.
That is one of the reasons I like him.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:54 AM

11,191 posts, read 10,213,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsIzzy View Post
The first thing people say to that is "OMG, you'll get to see so MANY celebrities!"
What's the big deal about celebrities? They're just people, too. Makes me wonder about the intelligence of anyone who would even make a statement like that. Not all of California is Hollywood but apparently people who don't live in California think so. Just like there's more to New York than NYC.

Reminds me of something I saw on television a while back. A woman won some sort of contest and would have to fly to California from another state (I'll refrain from stating which one out of respect for other citizens of that state) She asked if she needed a passport. I thought she was kidding, at first. Then, I realized she wasn't and that's when I got worried that she might actually be a registered voter.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:56 AM

6,662 posts, read 26,306,294 times
We have too many voters like that in each state.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:23 AM

11,191 posts, read 10,213,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
We have too many voters like that in each state.

For sure

Old 10-09-2011, 07:29 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,420,399 times
I never understood celebrity worship...I suppose it's one of those escapist human quirks. 16 years in California (albeit the northern half) and the only "celebrity" I ever "met" was Peter Coyote, although I did serve a few major basketball stars while working near the Warriors' training facility. Actors, musicians, athletes, etc work just like the rest of us, only in more high-profile industries.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:35 AM

2,918 posts, read 8,847,136 times
Well, if you think about it, the entertainment industry is based here so that explains it. A lot of people mention how they have seen some semi obscure star at a mall or wherever...but at the same time, it isn't like people wear that as a badge, I just take it as small talk or people trying to connect.

Obviously, people who are obsessed with the industry also move to Cali and brush shoulders with other like minded people. I think some people are attracted to LA only because of what they have seen on t.v., so it seems as if living in Cali is because of celebrities. Maybe it is for a few, but not for the majority.

I can say though, on the radio and local tv, you see more stories and interviews with celebrities, probably because they live here. So there is a higher awareness as well regarding some stories and people. But that is all it is, more awareness, but not an obsession or anything unescapeable if it isn't your cup of tea.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:16 AM

2,190 posts, read 5,947,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That is one of the reasons I like him.
Clint for president.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:16 PM

15,322 posts, read 17,778,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Clint for president.
Clint has set me up with beer's a few times at his place, "The Hog's Breath" & "Mission Ranch". He is a good, down to earth man, imho. I worked on his family vehicles when i was a mechanic in Carmel. He would walk around town with his son & daughter.

Clint's current wife, Dina Ruiz, used to work with my ex wife at KSBW tv 8, Salinas. I used to talk to her at station parties.

I think Clint still owns "The Mission Ranch".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or