U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-13-2011, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Conejo Valley, CA
12,476 posts, read 17,442,125 times
Reputation: 4321

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfreez View Post
I am Satan incarnate, because I believe legal CA citizens ought to get 100% of the benefits of the taxes they pay for stuff like education, and that California ought to be cleaned up a bit,
Still ignoring the key issue while oddly talking about "California citizens" when there is no such thing....

You want to believe that illegals come to California and suck up tax dollars and do nothing....but that is the opposite of the truth. Illegals come here work and contribute to California's economy the same way citizens do...the only difference is their federal immigration status.

The policies, like the one in the OP, are attempts by California to create a sort of "California citizen" that is based on the realities forcing California...

 
Old 10-13-2011, 04:10 PM
 
7,150 posts, read 8,798,680 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfreez View Post
This is one of the most psychotic posts I think I've ever seen.... Reads even funnier in quote form w/o the context of the words you were replying to - go ahead I dare you, read it out loud

Please let me exclude myself from your "we" and "they" as I effortlessly contradict just about everything you say here. Guess that means I'm brainwashed right? Might as well be since I'm already a Mexican-hating Nazi by some other detractor's estimation. That's right folks, I am Satan incarnate, because I believe legal CA citizens ought to get 100% of the benefits of the taxes they pay for stuff like education, and that California ought to be cleaned up a bit, and that countries like Mexico ought to be manning up and pulling their own weight. You guys reciting the Statue of Liberty are just too much...
Scott -- You have strung together pieces of my responses to specific statements made by another, without the context. Now, I or anybody could go to a dictionary and pick and choose and string together any words to create a block of text without any meaning ... what exactly does that prove? I have refrained from commenting on your posts because you weren't presenting any coherent, well thought out position -- just some angry accusations against government. Now you seem to want to engage in some attack. Well, fine ... present a position.
 
Old 10-13-2011, 04:12 PM
 
2,311 posts, read 2,887,490 times
Reputation: 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
You have it backwards, do you think the resentment against the United States that results in terrorism has no cause? Do you think China with its population is going to sit back and watch the US consume 40% of the world's resources. Logic dictates that the balance will be rectified, and Americans are not going to like it.
That logic is dictated by a free and global market .. Not by some monkey w/ a bomb strapped to their chest.. and not by a group of people w/ a grudge .. So, yes .. American's consumption habits wont be sustained nor are they .. However, the reasoning you seem to have for why that is the case is wrong.. Within the borders of this country, we have something called control of our economic exchange w/ trade partners.. when you allow illegals by the tens of millions from mexico cross into your country and screw up your labor markets.. you cede that control and it has real world negative measurable impacts on the standard of living of people in your country... In a global free market, mexico is allowed to compete just like china is.. However, illegal immigration is not competing .. There's a thing called currency exchange that is compounded w/ global labor .. trade tariff's etc that try to strike a balance between global competition.. concepts like these seem to be foreign to your myopic view out ther in them dar' farms.


Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Your reasoning is that of a very bright, very young and naive person. Photoshop is a wonderful thing.
Your reasoning is very shallow, lacks intelligence, and the information base it draws from is just plain wrong. Photoshop is a wonderful thing, i wish you knew how to use it paint an intelligent argument and mask your lack of intelligence.


Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Our debt today is far smaller in terms of GDP than it was at the end of WW2, the debt whiners are forgetting how we paid that down fairly quickly.
Our debt to gdp is not that much smaller than it was during WWII (during WWII it breached 100% for a lot shorter a time period than we have during this recession .. We have been above 100% debt-to-gdp for many more years) and what idiots forget is that Absolute values have a level of importance over percentages. A company that has revs of $5 million and is on a trajectory of growth can double their revs % wise much more easier than a company with $50 billion in revs that is a mature company w/ stagnant growth .. We are a mature/developed country w/ stagnant growth with a huge debt overhang of $14 trillion .. During WWII mister historian, we had GDP growth of 15-20% .. Mature economies are lucky if they have GDP growth of 4-5% .. So, the situation is much more worse.. but I wouldn't expect some uneducated smarta$$ stuck in WWII era to understand economic, progressions, and the fact that things change.

[quote=.highnlite;21274114]
You are completely out to lunch. The "illegals" pay exactly the same taxes as everyone else. The 40 billion dollar California Ag business is directly dependent on their labor, the indirect benefit of their labor is in the hundreds of billions of dollars[/QUOTE]

Lie. *moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Minimum day at school today, the whole afternoon spreads out before him and he has nothing today. He couldn't be an employed contributing member of society since that would mean he is playing on the internet instead of working, surely based on all he has said about lazy people, he would not do that!
Financial freedom is a beautiful thing isn't it.. Being able to generally do wtvr you want .. Seems like owning a farm, employing illegals, reaping the extra profit even has that benefit for you too.. Then again, you could be an illegal immigrant picking strawberries for $5/hour playing on your iphone out in BFE
 
Old 10-13-2011, 04:18 PM
 
7,150 posts, read 8,798,680 times
Reputation: 3806
Is that three times -- or four times -- Yeahthatguy has sworn he is leaving this thread for good?
 
Old 10-13-2011, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,784 posts, read 23,803,102 times
Reputation: 6195
This has gotten so far away from the Dream Act that the thread should be moved to Illegal Immigration.

Thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top