Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:55 AM

296 posts, read 612,900 times

Advertisements

What, are you saying Republicans are above the same reproach as Brown??

Old 10-09-2011, 09:01 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,312,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I never voted for Jerry Brown. Not this time and not last time. He's doing exactly what I expected of him. Good old Jerry ... never disappoints.
Me neither he even said he was going to do this when he was running.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:03 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,952,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Why is anyone pretending to be surprised? The Hispanic/Latino vote IS the future of the state and perhaps many other parts of the country. Politically, it only makes sense to cater to their wants and needs if you wish to stay in power. Even if it means outright bribery to them at the expense of everyone else. It is BS but the reasons or rationale are pretty transparent to me.

Expect to see more things like this passed in the years to come. As egregious as it is, many of the voters really have no one but themselves to blame since they just can't get themselves to look past the myopic "I would rather vote for a Democrat-even if he openly states he will steal everything I own-before I'd ever vote for ANY Republican" mindset.
I think it goes much further ...

Cloward–Piven strategy

Old 10-09-2011, 09:10 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,681,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
In the worst economic times, with pending major budget cuts, Brown passes the Dream Act ...

California Dream Act Signed By Jerry Brown: Second Bill Passes

On Saturday, Governor Jerry Brown signed AB 131, the second bill of the two-part California Dream Act, allowing undocumented immigrant students to apply for state-funded financial aid for college.

I didn't vote for this guy. Jerry Brown is a hypocritical politician for signing the California Dream Act.

It's ironic how last year, he highlighted the fact that Meg Whitman had been employing an illegal immigrant at $25 an hour, which gave him the advantage in the voting polls -- and ultimately got him elected again.

Now a year later, he signs a law to allow undocumented illegals apply for public funding of approximately $14 million dollars.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,952,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Me neither he even said he was going to do this when he was running.
Show me where Jerry Brown said, if elected, he would pass a law to allow tax payer money to be spent on college grants for illegal aliens.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:22 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,836,109 times
Who ever voted for this man THANK YOU!

-Cheers.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 AM

50,134 posts, read 46,744,623 times
We educate them yet they can't legally work here. Makes sense to me.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,857,159 times
I enjoy watching this controversy get peoples knickers all up in a bunch ... as usual huge numbers of folks focus on sideshows, ignoring the big issues ... there are good arguments for educating youth from disadvantaged backgrounds ... these youth are here ... figure out how to
• have them not be here to begin with --
• or deal with them in uneducated poverty and what poverty breeds --
• or utilize them as educated opportunity breeds.
But before you worry about any of those three options, consider that there are MUCH bigger fish to fry in solving the threats to economy and democracy that we face. Consider the prioritization of these issues. There are financial elites controlling politics and controlling opinion ... the elites love to play distraction issues to keep you all under their thumbs ... getting you excited about the appearance of injustice and threat -- while they walk away eating the real cake.

Here's your threat in this case:
"undocumented students would only become eligible for Cal Grants once all resident students have received such an award. Analysis of the bill by the Assembly noted that the demand for the aid -- which can provide up to $12,192 a year to pay for college expenses at qualifying California academic institutions or trade schools -- far exceeds the amount of funding typically provided, making it unlikely that undocumented students would be considered. The California Department of Finance estimates that 2,500 students, at a cost to the state of $14.5 million, will qualify for Cal Grants thanks to AB 131. This represents 1 percent of Cal Grant's total $1.4 billion funding ..."

So, Jerry signed a Bill that gets him political points where he targets ... but the Bill doesn't really cost him (or the population) hardly anything in real dollars. It's all smoke and mirrors. Illusion. Yeah ... freak out about this 1% of Cal Grant, while 1% of our population runs amok with the real money ... guiding your desires through trends and fashions and all your consumer fueled desires.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:45 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,791,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I'm so glad I left Ca. last year. You wouldnt believe how much my stress level has dropped, from not having to witness this junk daily. When are the folks of Ca. going to wake up?
Never...too much Ganja.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:00 AM

448 posts, read 1,051,272 times
Jerry Brown believes its ok to break the law, as long as he can benefit in someway. He'll decide to run for president some day so he'll need the law breakers votes. You wonder what kind of criminal records the illegals have in mexico? God knows what kind of criminals are coming in. he's nothing but a pice of ****ing ****!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California