U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2011, 09:37 PM
 
4,352 posts, read 2,385,026 times
Reputation: 1407

Advertisements

In the worst economic times, with pending major budget cuts, Brown passes the Dream Act ...

California Dream Act Signed By Jerry Brown: Second Bill Passes

On Saturday, Governor Jerry Brown signed AB 131, the second bill of the two-part California Dream Act, allowing undocumented immigrant students to apply for state-funded financial aid for college.

 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Cold Frozen North
1,926 posts, read 3,188,462 times
Reputation: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
In the worst economic times, with pending major budget cuts, Brown passes the Dream Act ...

California Dream Act Signed By Jerry Brown: Second Bill Passes

On Saturday, Governor Jerry Brown signed AB 131, the second bill of the two-part California Dream Act, allowing undocumented immigrant students to apply for state-funded financial aid for college.
This is mind blowing to me that a state with so much red ink in the budget would pass something like this. Like WOW!
 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:15 PM
 
1,431 posts, read 938,114 times
Reputation: 3187
I'm so glad I left Ca. last year. You wouldnt believe how much my stress level has dropped, from not having to witness this junk daily. When are the folks of Ca. going to wake up?
 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:25 PM
 
Location: California
163 posts, read 75,535 times
Reputation: 98
F#%@ this s%#$
 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
25,076 posts, read 32,487,487 times
Reputation: 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I'm so glad I left Ca. last year. You wouldnt believe how much my stress level has dropped, from not having to witness this junk daily. When are the folks of Ca. going to wake up?
Huh?

What exactly did you have to 'witness daily' in California that caused you elevated stress levels?
 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:42 PM
 
7,151 posts, read 4,295,598 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I'm so glad I left Ca. last year. You wouldnt believe how much my stress level has dropped, from not having to witness this junk daily. When are the folks of Ca. going to wake up?
Well, speaking for the contingent still here, we're glad you left too ... what concerns me (for your welfare of course) is why you continue to "witness this junk" by reading the news about it and then coming onto the forum here to blather ... put your feet up ... take a pill ... turn off the tv ... turn on some tunes ... don't concern your poor aching head about when the rest of us are going to wake up ... we'll just muddle through without you.
 
Old 10-09-2011, 12:15 AM
 
2,312 posts, read 1,620,669 times
Reputation: 1207
It's a federal matter .. So, it impacts all states when the federal govt. allows this illegal horsesh*t to continue (especially in these ridiculous economic times). Make your money while you can w/o getting taxed to all high hell and go galt is my sentiment ... Let all the liberals who want to save the world and then cry and call themselves the 99% pay for it.

I love the irony in it all ..
 
Old 10-09-2011, 12:49 AM
 
Location: San Francisco
1,467 posts, read 1,704,141 times
Reputation: 1492
I've voted for Brown twice in my life - the last election and when I first started voting in my late teens (when he was first governor). This is really irritating. Given the tight finances the state is facing its ridiculous to give foreign nationals in the country illegally the same footing as citizens in receiving taxpayer funded financial aid in colleges and universities. There is only so much money available and this can't help but impact citizen students.

I'm very disappointed in Brown. Adult day care centers closed statewide (forcing many into nursing homes and assisted living), dozens of state parks closed statewide, education funding slashed, tuition raised by double digits and he decides its reasonable to hand upwards of $40,000,000 to illegal aliens for college. That's almost double what was required to keep all those state parks open.
 
Old 10-09-2011, 01:33 AM
 
4,352 posts, read 2,385,026 times
Reputation: 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
I've voted for Brown twice in my life - the last election and when I first started voting in my late teens (when he was first governor). This is really irritating. Given the tight finances the state is facing its ridiculous to give foreign nationals in the country illegally the same footing as citizens in receiving taxpayer funded financial aid in colleges and universities. There is only so much money available and this can't help but impact citizen students.

I'm very disappointed in Brown. Adult day care centers closed statewide (forcing many into nursing homes and assisted living), dozens of state parks closed statewide, education funding slashed, tuition raised by double digits and he decides its reasonable to hand upwards of $40,000,000 to illegal aliens for college. That's almost double what was required to keep all those state parks open.
Makes the recall of Davis seem unjustified when Brown can get away with this ...
 
Old 10-09-2011, 02:36 AM
 
7,043 posts, read 3,767,502 times
Reputation: 12638
I never voted for Jerry Brown. Not this time and not last time. He's doing exactly what I expected of him. Good old Jerry ... never disappoints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top