U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 PM

2,190 posts, read 5,925,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I'd rather you didn't own guns as well.
No need to worry about that ... i never will.
And guns? plural? What, one isn't enough for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 09:26 PM

3,376 posts, read 4,796,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Perhaps i will do that although it will not be "another" but rather, the first of the day.
And i'd rather be a "hippie" than a gun loving idiot.
Well, if that wasn't a low-blow then I don't know what is.
Not all of us that have had a liking, or discovered a liking for firearms are complete morons.
That camp would be the multiple-offending, violent felons who always find a way back into a life of crime and into the back of a patrol car or coffin when things finally go bad for them.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:29 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,657,665 times
Guns are like knives... various types for various duties. (they do allow knives in Santa Cruz, don't they?)

• Shotguns for home protection and shooting skeet
• .22 rifle for inexpensive plinking and varminting
• A variety of .30 cal rifles for hunting, although I haven't hunted for years

I don't own a handgun. Too expensive.

See? This topic has been a learning experience for you! Come by the house sometime and I'll take you to the range to further the learning curve.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 PM

I've dated two soldiers (yeah, weird right?) and i spend a lot of time in Idaho.
I'm quite aware of and familiar with guns.
And i can't stand them ... neither can my dog.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I've dated two soldiers (yeah, weird right?) and i spend a lot of time in Idaho.
I'm quite aware of and familiar with guns.
And i can't stand them ... neither can my dog.
Well if you can't stand them then you're in the right place.
I've got a few friends who relocated/go to school in Santa Cruz due to their particular beliefs on this subject and others.
Why I'm even associated with them? We ride bicycles

So, if you don't like them, then stay away from them and let everyone else who enjoys them do what they legally like with them.
No reason to push for legislation that would incriminate more regular people.
Too many laws already on the books that aren't even being properly enforced as it is.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:51 PM

11,093 posts, read 10,132,558 times
But, but Governor! You leave me nothing to cling to, except my religion.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Well if you can't stand them then you're in the right place.
I've got a few friends who relocated/go to school in Santa Cruz due to their particular beliefs on this subject and others.
Why I'm even associated with them? We ride bicycles

So, if you don't like them, then stay away from them and let everyone else who enjoys them do what they legally like with them.
No reason to push for legislation that would incriminate more regular people.
Too many laws already on the books that aren't even being properly enforced as it is.
You (like so many) have a cliche notion about Santa Cruz county.
There are plenty of non hippie / non liberal people in the county and plenty of guns as well.

It's a whole lot of fun when i'm camping in the redwoods or walking with my dog in the redwoods and i hear guns being shot and, because of the eco-system ... the woods and the gulches and canyons, not knowing where the hell the shots are coming from and having no confidence that the a** holes shooting in the woods have any idea of what they are doing and / or where they are in relation to anyone else in the woods so saying "stay away from them" is just moronic because of the morons who out there with their damn guns!
Your enjoyment is at my and my dogs peril!

At least the folks in Idaho have respect for their firearms and tend to know what they're doing.
I trust the folks with guns there a lot more than i do here.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,657,665 times
Quote:
Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Santa Cruz County.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Santa Cruz County.
When it comes to guns, no it's not .. there are jerks here and jerks everywhere.
And you know it's not just in S.C. county.
There are idiots with guns all over the country.
If you have respect for your firearms that's good but there are plenty of people who don't.
I loathe hunting however.
How anyone enjoys shooting and killing a beautiful creature is beyond me ... it's horrific.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
You (like so many) have a cliche notion about Santa Cruz county.
There are plenty of non hippie / non liberal people in the county and plenty of guns as well.

It's a whole lot of fun when i'm camping in the redwoods or walking with my dog in the redwoods and i hear guns being shot and, because of the eco-system ... the woods and the gulches and canyons, not knowing where the hell the shots are coming from and having no confidence that the a** holes shooting in the woods have any idea of what they are doing and / or where they are in relation to anyone else in the woods so saying "stay away from them" is just moronic because of the morons who out there with their damn guns!
Your enjoyment is at my and my dogs peril!

At least the folks in Idaho have respect for their firearms and tend to know what they're doing.
And you lump myself and everyone else who enjoys them into the same category as those who indiscriminately fire them wherever they please.
Depending on what sort of county/local ordinances are in place, there may be prohibitions on firing in certain spots.
Again, I'm not too familiar with how populated that particular area is since I was only up there a few times when I was 9-10 yrs old.
But if there's no prohibition against shooting in an unincorporated area of the county, then it's going to happen.

As for myself, I prefer going to indoor ranges and places where I know certain types aren't going to be getting all riled up about it.

If any noise bothers me, it's city traffic and people with bozo-mufflers on their vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California