Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,504,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
'bout time. Just see how much better the economy of the People's Republic of China is doing compared to the US. Looks like them commies know what they are doing.

I find it humorous when people (rightwingers) use the term Moonbeam. They have no idea where it came from. and,,,, he as California's former top cop, is a gun owner.
Yeah, china is doing so great /sarcasm.. Kinda helps social relations when you have a generally common language, a healthy culture, and everyone predominately looks the same. Things get interesting ofc when you throw in tons of different ethnicity groups, don't have strict immigration enforcement, and have a sh*t culture to bat.

Don't really care what Moonbeam is .. He is heavily guarded and most probably exempt from any of the gun laws he hands down to the rest of is..

Perspective/context/details are most often lacking .. Makes for really horrible comparisons

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 10-18-2011 at 09:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 08:52 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
If the shoe fits......, You seem to complain more than most, your user name is a whine right there.

If you voted for Obama, you voted for a man who could not care less about the great outdoors, of course, neither did his opposition, can't say much good about a man that doesn't sleep outside in the rain once in while. Oh, by the way, using fibreglass compound bows on herbivores is not very manly, I recommend pig hunting with a real bow, or at least use the compound on real game like the guy in the photo, then you might impress the boys down at the Eureka Owl Club:
And you degrade/insult without debating.Something I'm sure you wouldn't get away with face to face. Most of the laws being proposed or passed don't even pertain to the people passing them. I am not ok with that. Not one bit. Don't let partison politics cloud your skull.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And you degrade/insult without debating.Something I'm sure you wouldn't get away with face to face. Most of the laws being proposed or passed don't even pertain to the people passing them. I am not ok with that. Not one bit. Don't let partison politics cloud your skull.
His skull has been eclipsed long ago .. just sayin

Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 AM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,911 times
Move to New Mexico. Open carry ok. Have some "nasty" people around here. I carry and I have a 12 ga. with me in the house and other places. Of course I live out on a ranch and if I want to shoot/practice just open the door...
HW

Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Yeah, china is doing so great /sarcasm.. Kinda helps social relations when you have a generally common language, a healthy culture, and everyone predominately looks the same people. Things get interesting ofc when you throw in tons of different ethnicity groups, don't have strict immigration enforcement, and have a sh*t culture to bat.

Don't really care what Moonbeam is .. He is heavily guarded and most probably exempt from any of the gun laws he hands down to the rest of is..

Perspective/context/details are most often lacking .. Makes for really horrible comparisons
Not really into debating this China vs. America tangent in regard to "open handgun carry" ... but do find it curious that you cite China as having a "healthy culture" and the U.S.A. as having a "sh*t culture" ... I don't agree in the slightest on either count ... China has considerable diversity self-perceived within its far-flung borders, including several pretty distinct languages, and some real class distinctions and sub-cultures that go with ... and a governing culture that is also pretty infamous for having worked hard at destroying the rich cultural history of that fascinating nation. As for stable immigration policy --- lol, yeah, so many people want to join the contemporary Chinese lifestyle and evolution ... must be hard to keep all the invaders out!

Your comments kinda reflect the very "discontent" personality that I find so baffling in America ... homogenous China = good? -- America sucks?

Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Not really into debating this China vs. America tangent in regard to "open handgun carry" ... but do find it curious that you cite China as having a "healthy culture" and the U.S.A. as having a "sh*t culture" ... I don't agree in the slightest on either count ... China has considerable diversity self-perceived within its far-flung borders, including several pretty distinct languages, and some real class distinctions and sub-cultures that go with ... and a governing culture that is also pretty infamous for having worked hard at destroying the rich cultural history of that fascinating nation. As for stable immigration policy --- lol, yeah, so many people want to join the contemporary Chinese lifestyle and evolution ... must be hard to keep all the invaders out!

Your comments kinda reflect the very "discontent" personality that I find so baffling in America ... homogenous China = good? -- America sucks?
I work with 3 people that are from China here on visas and none want to go back. 1 to the point she mentioned she would rather die than go back. And these are the ones that have it good already.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post

I don't need a history or geography lesson. I am quite aware of the diversity of languages and sub-cultures in china. My statement remains... I never said one was good and one was bad.. I stated, there was a reason buried in the social makeup of china as to why there isn't much of what you have here in the U.S .. a concept that seems to escape highnlite.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I work with 3 people that are from China here on visas and none want to go back. 1 to the point she mentioned she would rather die than go back. And these are the ones that have it good already.
Anecdote ....

Old 10-18-2011, 12:09 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
I don't need a history or geography lesson. I am quite aware of the diversity of languages and sub-cultures in china. My statement remains... I never said one was good and one was bad.. I stated, there was a reason buried in the social makeup of china as to why there isn't much of what you have here in the U.S .. a concept that seems to escape highnlite.
Yeah, I get what you were responding to ... I don't get why you feel that America has a "sh*t" culture (your exact words) ... and, btw, you DID say that China has a "healthy culture" ... if it did once, it doesn't anymore. If you don't need a "history or geography lesson", maybe an attitude tune-up?

Old 10-18-2011, 01:13 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
Yeah, china is doing so great /sarcasm.. Kinda helps social relations when you have a generally common language, a healthy culture, and everyone predominately looks the same. Things get interesting ofc when you throw in tons of different ethnicity groups, don't have strict immigration enforcement, and have a sh*t culture to bat.

Apparently Ye...... you don't know much about China.

Oh and by the way, China too has an illegal immigration problem, estimated to be 50,000,000 illegal immigrants in China.

Quote:
Really? I degrade? Here, find fault with anything I post, show the world my facts are not accurate. Don't whine, convince.

I have no partisan politics, Conservatism is a psychological state, not necessarily a political stance, there ain't nobody more conservative than a traditional Democratic Southerner.

Oh, another flaw in Conservative ideology is that they commonly hold beliefs unsubstantiated by research and or facts.

Last edited by .highnlite; 10-18-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California