Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2007, 10:26 AM

4 posts, read 14,867 times

Advertisements

My finance and I are planning our vacation to N. CA next fall. And instead of the big hub-bub wedding(we're late 30's early 40's) we were thinking of getting married while on vacation.
I've never been to the area, but Mendocino looks like a fabulous location.
Does anyone have any suggestions for Mendcino specificially or any location in the area that I may not be familiar with?

Thanks in advance,
Michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 AM

83 posts, read 201,250 times
Mendocino would be a fabulous place to elope! There are some outstanding B&B's, a few four star restaurants, as well as a gorgeous, scenic coast, and a beyond quaint town. Plus there are some great little streets with art galleries and boutiques and tourist stuff.

Stanford Inn is amazing. My boyfriend and I stayed there as a treat to ourselves a few years ago, they might even have a spot to do a wedding, this would be one of the nicest places you could stay and has a big restaurant attached (The Ravens, all gourmet vegetarian). Brewery Gulch Inn is also wonderful. A little less pricey is the Little River Inn which is "down the road a bit" from Mendocino in the town of Albion. There are lots of smaller B&B's in town in older Victorian houses.

For exquisite eats: The Ravens, 955 Ukiah, [SIZE=-1]Cafe Beaujolais. Remember this is wine country and there are probably lots of wine tasting events going on.

Have a wonderful wedding
[/SIZE]

Old 10-09-2007, 12:19 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,375,821 times
If you check out the county chamber of commerce, you will find a ton of info on weddings:
Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce

Enjoy, that is an amazing area.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dphiem View Post
And instead of the big hub-bub wedding....
Wise move.

You could take all that (potential) wedding dough and

1) Use it for a down payment on a house or
2) Contribute to your retirement plan or
3) Buy a vehicle or
4) Potentially pay for your kids' education

or (if you decided to have big the hub-bub wedding after all)

5) Have a four hour party.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:40 PM

253 posts, read 1,106,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dphiem View Post
My finance and I are planning our vacation to N. CA next fall. And instead of the big hub-bub wedding(we're late 30's early 40's) we were thinking of getting married while on vacation.
I've never been to the area, but Mendocino looks like a fabulous location.
Does anyone have any suggestions for Mendcino specificially or any location in the area that I may not be familiar with?

Thanks in advance,
Michelle
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. Eloping sounds perfect. I've been married for 8 yrs. We got married on a yacht but the way our guest behaved & with the cost we sometimes wish we would've eloped. What are you all doing for your honeymoon? Are you all going to stay there? It sounds wonderful whatever the case! Whens the big day if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-10-2007, 03:15 PM

66 posts, read 110,752 times
Mendocino is a wonderful place. Get married on a bluff overlooking the ocean, stay in the Mendocino Hotel, 19th century elegant. Canoe up the river.

You can turn the karma around, in 1977 my then fiance chose the hotel to inform me our engagement was over.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:20 PM

253 posts, read 1,106,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Montara View Post
Mendocino is a wonderful place. Get married on a bluff overlooking the ocean, stay in the Mendocino Hotel, 19th century elegant. Canoe up the river.

You can turn the karma around, in 1977 my then fiance chose the hotel to inform me our engagement was over.
Sorry to hear that i hope it was all for the best in the long run for you and that your life has turned out well.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 PM

66 posts, read 110,752 times
Leo Kottke wrote a great song I thought of a bunch in those days, her name rhymed with Pamela Brown, so;

I'm the guy who didn't marry pretty Pamela Brown
An educated, well intentioned, good girl in our town
Wonder where I'd be today if she had loved me too
Probably be driving kids to school. Chorus:

I guess I owe it all to Pamela Brown
All of my good times, all my roaming around
One of these days I might be in your town
And I guess I owe it all to Pamela Brown
Seen the lights of citys and I've been through many doors
Been to foreign countries and walked upon their shores
Seems the guy she married was the best part of my luck
She dug him `cause he drove a pick-up truck.
I don't have to tell you just how beautiful she was
Everything it takes to get a guy like me in love
Lord, I hope she's happy `cause she sure deserves to be
Especially for what she did to me.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,798 times
I stumbled upon this post, and wanted to let everybody out there know that I wrote a wedding book to help you plan the perfect Mendocino wedding, including how to avoid the most common seasonal mistakes. Having played hundreds of weddings in Mendocino over the last 40 years, I've seen them all! Go to: Your Mendocino Wedding

Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,798 times
Mendocino is a great place to get married! I can help. My book yourmendocinowedding.com is a wonderful guide for people coming from outside the area. Check it out! Marcia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California