Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:11 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times

Advertisements

It is pretty easy to see which one of the C-D posters would have been Khadafi regime supporters, or Syrian Assad supporters.

And would have opposed the Boston Tea Party attacking the British ship and throwing the tea into the harbor.

Too funny, I bet some of these guys consider themselves supporters of the modern Tea Party, yet would have opposed the actual tea party.

Think about this, those who got pepper sprayed at UC Davis, were majors and grad students in hard science, at least one neurologist major, a couple veterinary science majors, and at least one Ag science major. To get to UC they held 4.0 majors or better in high school. Did darn good on their SAT and ACT's. Smart kids, the best and brightest of our great state.

Those who try to dismiss these students as anarchists, or scumbags, or hippies, not only do know what they are talking about, they have some apparent serious issues.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/393332_2676549357532_1370180451_33053190_180307537 _n.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-22-2011, 10:45 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,083,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
To get to UC they held 4.0 majors or better in high school. Did darn good on their SAT and ACT's. Smart kids, the best and brightest of our great state.
Umm....you don't need a 4.0 to get into a UC...and especially not Davis. The best and brightest in California are going to Stanford, Cal-tech, etc.....not UC Davis.

But yeah, the students are anarchist, they just ran out of beer.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Umm....you don't need a 4.0 to get into a UC...and especially not Davis. The best and brightest in California are going to Stanford, Cal-tech, etc.....not UC Davis.

But yeah, the students are anarchist, they just ran out of beer.
And the sky's green, right, since you have nothing better to do and no more sense than to argue anything and everything just the hear then *sound* of your own voice. I'd be interested in knowing what JC you didn't make it through.

Davis is just fine and takes very bright and motivated students (my wife was one way back when). But it doesn't matter what college, community college, university, Ivy League campus or whatever these students were attending. The "punishment" didn't fit the "crime" and if a sit-in is your idea of an anarchist movement then you're more than wrong, you're delusional and lack the life experience and maturity to know one from the other.

Now run along, child, and argue the ABCs , primary colors or some other subject you may actually master someday.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:08 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,083,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I'd be interested in knowing what JC you didn't make it through.
Jr College? You're thinking too big, you should be asking which Jr High I dropped out of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Davis is just fine and takes very bright and motivated students (my wife was one way back when). But it doesn't matter what college, community college, university, Ivy League campus or whatever these students were attending.
Except of course that I didn't say that Davis was a bad college, instead I pointed out the other posters hyperbole. Davis isn't some elite university, its just a decent public university...one that you'd find no trouble finding plenty of slackers to fuel a "protest" on.... That is, the fact that these are Davis students means little about their personal ethnics, intelligence..etc.

Anyhow, passing out free kegs is likely to be more effective than using the fire dept though.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:00 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,397,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Are you serious? You who have I suppose watched your TeeVee and read the paper, you believe the crap you posted? What, do you have a Glenn Beck IV?

You can do better, you are literate, you are knowledgeable on certain subjects, you reasoning abilities, your critical thinking skills are better than this.
I happen to think Glenn Beck is a clown.

I am the real deal, made of Country Party and Whig Party DNA.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:49 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,045 times
As a conservative, I find it appalling so many people are siding with the establishment on this issue. While I may not agree completely with their message, it is completely within their rights to do what they are doing. Before jumping on the Fox News bandwagon and vilifying these people, why don't people actually read into what they are pissed about. Fox news and the main stream establishment are doing the exact thing they cried about during the tea party movement. Find the few crazy people out of the thousands and make the whole movement about those few people.

It's a shame the so called conservatives aren't really the Bible thumping Constitutionalists they proclaim to be...

Old 11-22-2011, 05:12 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
Probably the first shower some of the occupiers have had in weeks.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:36 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
If I got peppered I would be asking the FD to be hosed

Old 11-22-2011, 05:42 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I got peppered I would be asking the FD to be hosed
Maced and hosed, now thats city service! Where do I sign up for the happy ending, or is that the happy ending?

Old 11-22-2011, 06:18 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
These students that got sprayed, are UC Davis Aggies, future veterinarians, neurologists, Biologists, Ag science majors.

These kids are the best and brightest we have, we know that because they are UC Davis Aggies. They are not commie pinko anarchists.

Duh, does this sink in at some point? Oh, by the way

http://healthland.time.com/2011/11/2...-pepper-spray/ (broken link)[quote]Classified as a riot-control agent and banned for use in war by Article I.5 of the Chemical Weapons Convention, pepper spray is meant to be used against violent attackers who are resisting arrest and threatening physical harm to others. That doesn't apply to the passive protesters at U.C. Davis.
"Pepper spray should only be used when there's a clear threat to officers or severe-enough resistance — essentially, when the only alternative is more extreme force," John MacDonald, professor of criminology at the University of Pennsylvania, told our colleague Nick Carbone over at NewsFeed. "But if the only threat is time, then the best weapon to exercise is patience."
[left]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California