Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,681,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I know. Curmudgeon, Nullgeo and Highnlite in agreement. These must be the end times indeed!
Perhaps it is because you all agree that the excessive use of police force against the UCD students isn't a partisan issue or about ideologies as others are making it out to be.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,371,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I'd say add me to that list, but I don't want the casual CDer to get confused :P
Too late. In this case, you're in!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,371,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Perhaps it is because the improper use of police force against the UCD students isn't a partisan issue or about ideologies as others are making it out to be.
Precisely!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:55 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,681,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
An officer can - but every department develops its own use of force continuum. That's my point - this officer may have simply been following his department's use of force continuum.

What seems to you is not what is. Pepper spray vs. pain compliance is a bit different than pepper spray vs. shooting someone. Perhaps the issue here is that you equate all police force as being of the same severity.

That is lame coming from someone who pretends to know the proper standard operating procedures of using physical force.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,857,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
An officer can - but every department develops its own use of force continuum. That's my point - this officer may have simply been following his department's use of force continuum.

What seems to you is not what is. Pepper spray vs. pain compliance is a bit different than pepper spray vs. shooting someone. Perhaps the issue here is that you equate all police force as being of the same severity.
Ah, the effete, pseudo-intellectual considerations of one who has never felt the fire yet feels entitled to judge its applications on the dirty, plebeian masses ... tsk ... have a snort of snuff? Hanky for a blow at hand?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,646,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
lol

Shouldn't these hippies be doing something useful like attending their bong class or underwater basket weaving class. lmao
I heard a student describe some of the sprayed, Veterinary Science major, neurology major, aerospace engineering, ag science, microbiologist. Some hippies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I know. Curmudgeon, Nullgeo and Highnlite in agreement. These must be the end times indeed!
A rare astrological convergence, indicating the end of times, get right!

My son is a senior at UC Davis, I have not heard from him, now, does that mean he was part of it and he ain't about to tell his old man, or was he in his usual haunt, the library and not paying any attention at all to what was going on. No call from an ER doc, so that is fine with me.

some of the kids said that after the burning stopped, that took several hours, that when they showered the burning came back full on.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 PM

36,641 posts, read 67,278,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Those spoiled rotten brats got exactly what they wanted.
Well, I don't like what the police did one bit, but I tend to agree with this comment.

After a month of having our downtown hijacked and overrun by Occupyers, the cynic in me came to believe that some people were just there with the expressed purpose of provoking the police to crack down on them hard so they could put vids on youtube and then blame civic leaders who have nothing to do with their grievance.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,857,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, I don't like what the police did one bit, but I tend to agree with this comment.

After a month of having our downtown hijacked and overrun by Occupyers, the cynic in me came to believe that some people were just there with the expressed purpose of provoking the police to crack down on them hard so they could put vids on youtube and then blame civic leaders who have nothing to do with their grievance.
This is no doubt true ... but frustrating as it is, it doesn't change the validity of the movement issues ... and to take one's eye off the ball to look at the cheerleaders on the sidelines will lose the game.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,646,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Sure, those kids sitting there were certainly provoking the police, duh. Come on, you usually are spot on..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/384853_2737533083972_1426718621_32982760_181163316 3_n.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by .highnlite; 11-21-2011 at 08:13 PM..

Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,039,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Ah, the effete, pseudo-intellectual considerations of one who has never felt the fire yet feels entitled to judge its applications on the dirty, plebeian masses ... tsk ... have a snort of snuff? Hanky for a blow at hand?
Ahhhhh, the prattling of an old man.

So now, you've moved on to saying I can't comment because I've never been sprayed in the face with pepper spray? Geeze, you keep shifting the topic on tangents, I wonder why (I don't really wonder).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California