Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,840,175 times

Advertisements

Looks like the Wall St. P.R. firm has their first advanced agent in action
You go Autumn!
Now then, remember there are well over 100 million Americans surveyed as supporting the OWS movement ... and out of the 100,000 or so who have participated in the events, we know that there are a number of non-OWS leeches attaching themselves ... but you're going to have a go at pointing out a few hundred to see if you can turn 100 million against the movement?

Here's the toughest problem with that: the problems in our society that OWS identifies aren't going away ... they are getting worse ... that tends to get noticed by all the folks whose jobs and retirement and future prospects have gone missing -- into the black hole of Wall St. and company.

But y'all knock yourself out, heah?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,035,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Geez you just keeping digging that hole for yourself, don't you (speaking of not being very intelligent) ... "Sane is irrelevant when it comes to deciding morality" huh?

If 90% of the population had an opinion that ran counter to mine, I would check my bearings, and get the hell out. I wouldn't argue my point where it wasn't respected.

Intellectually outgunned? phbbbbt ... kid, I am guessing you are maybe in college ... if you have graduated with a degree, I wonder in what ... hard to imagine. I have BA and MS degrees in arts and sciences, but that is not so much what is significant ... I have depth of proven, worldly experience that enables my educational background to be applied effectively, and socially responsibly to reality. Your comments here, and in other threads, demonstrate that you live in your mind amidst a collection of phrases and syllabi from 101 classrooms. Yeah, my ability with written language alone identifies me as unintelligent, huh ... phbbbt. (BTW: you're welcome for me fixing that pesky spelling of the word "irrelevant" that keeps eluding you.)
You have a depth of proven acid trips, maybe.

You spend more time talking about how great you are, and less time formulating a statement that might actually rebut mine (thus far you haven't, you just went off on a tangent about how you'd leave).

Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,674,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumntimetwo View Post
Shame on you for posting this cr3p! You must be a law breaker too? When police say to............ disperse...........several times and the people ignore that order, what are police to do? Use night sticks, bullets? OWS was wrong and continue to be WRONG! They have sites for OWS to train them how to irritate and not listen to the law. OWS are idiots, even if it is college students. Wait for my next post about OWS people. Scum.

Yah. I'm a law breaker. I pose a threat to my local police because I occupy sidewalks wherever I go.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:19 PM

267 posts, read 174,063 times
"You don't pepper spray our kids'.
YES , you do, when they get involved in a protest and disregard what the police are telling them to do. DISPERSE. More then once. I guess they listen to their parents the same way?
You are the problem with these kids, making them, feel entitled, smart mouth, and nasty. If 'kids' don't want to be pepper sprayed, LISTEN TO THE LAW. They were law breakers! I uphold the law. Not your smartmouth "kids". ( "My kid would never do that," bla bla bla, and yet, THAT is exactly the kid that DOES.)
Spoiled kids and their parents that make them so. Listen to the law. They got what they deserved, better then a cr@ck upside the head, which would do them a world of good!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,405,644 times
Quote:
YES , you do, when they get involved in a protest and disregard what the police are telling them to do. DISPERSE. More then once. I guess they listen to their parents the same way?
You are the problem with these kids, making them, feel entitled, smart mouth, and nasty. If 'kids' don't want to be pepper sprayed, LISTEN TO THE LAW. They were law breakers! I uphold the law. Not your smartmouth "kids". ( "My kid would never do that," bla bla bla, and yet, THAT is exactly the kid that DOES.)
Spoiled kids and their parents that make them so. Listen to the law. They got what they deserved, better then a cr@ck upside the head, which would do them a world of good!
What law were they breaking exactly?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,674,473 times
Quote:

Translation:

"If they are not diehard conservatives like I am, pepper spray them all to hell. Just don't let the government step all over my Second Amendent rights."

Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,122,181 times
Shouldn't these kids be home for thanksgiving ?
These poor rich kids now will have to call up mom and ask her to send dad down to bail them out.
Way to go. Ruin yet another family weekend.
Kids
Go occupy a jail cell.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Right....so like I said any protest that occurs now that isn't pushing a conservative agenda is now part of "occupy wall street".

There is always a "concern", this is just causing a bit more resources to be allocated to this matter. Also, the idea that the wealthy are shaking in their boots about this is just left-wing propaganda being used to try to strengthen the base...

Okay, its not just hippies, its also young liberal arts majors without jobs.

Conservative propaganda is clever, far more clever than that used by the left, they aren't attacking this straight on....they are diluting it and twisting it. They are getting the very people involved and supporting it to change the way they speak of it, indeed, you're doing it here. The broad grouping of all left-leading protests as part of "occupy wall street" is just a strategy to weaken it. In typical fashion conservative propagandist change the wording, the framing, etc and let the liberals destroy themselves.

Of course they are separate pockets, that is why the conservative agenda is always to weaken public programs. The wealth concentration in the top 1% is almost entirely private wealth, not public. Its difficult for private hands to get a lot of public dollars, the only area where that is common is in the military complex and unsurprisingly military spending is largely supported by conservatives.

Firstly, in what way is this a labor movement? Secondly, the American worker isn't going to benefit from this at all....because the movement has already been killed.

The only protest that has a hope of changing anything is one that is explosive, that is, fast and at least partly destructive. With today's media its too easy to manipulate and twist any slow moving movement....

Liberalism is dying in America and not much is going to change that, its just a question of which side of the coin you want to be on...
Well, sir ... my interest in your ceaseless debate expired last night ... I put the flag down for a short ride only ... you often make some really pretty good points about politics and some social issues, but since you also demonstrate that you don't really care about anything you say beyond the opportunity to drive a subject into the ground by constantly playing a shell game -- well, it all seems pretty pointless usually to engage with you.

Now then, all said above, I did give your latest (above quoted) a quick scan ... and, again, see you are mostly trying to find a rag to chew when there's very little disagreement between us ... a few select points ... but since it's all just an exercise to you, I'll let you go play with yourself. G'night.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:32 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,434,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Like I said, there are those who prefer ideological belief to data, we call those people Conservatives.

Apparently a Conservative missed the part where I showed there was no insane spending on those issues a Conservative raised, not that facts mean a damned thing to Conservative.
29 billion isn't insane?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
You have a depth of proven acid trips, maybe.

You spend more time talking about how great you are, and less time formulating a statement that might actually rebut mine (thus far you haven't, you just went off on a tangent about how you'd leave).
As pointed out to you in the past when you made the same accusation: I don't do drugs. And, compared with your lack of worldly experience, I certainly am great. As for rebutting your positions, I have done so repeatedly and effectively -- but mostly you have revealed your positions to be rather ridiculous with statements such as "Sane is irrelevant" ... you do my work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California