Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
plug in cocaine and you have your answer.
I truly have no idea what that means.
"plug in cocaine"? and answer to what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 12:02 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I truly have no idea what that means.
"plug in cocaine"? and answer to what?
I think they meant that the cartels are directly pressuring the government to crack down on medical marijuana so they can expand the sale of hard drugs

Old 01-07-2012, 09:43 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
plug in cocaine and you have your answer.
Hi,
Sorry I am new here and do not mean to "pick" on you...
But Cocaine is NOT a plant. It is a highly concentrated chemically extracted component of Coca leaves, which to this day are chewed in south American Andes as a mild stimulant that is any more addictive than coffee!

Yes an analogy marijuana to coco leaves would be fair, but not to cocaine.

----

Old 01-07-2012, 11:28 AM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I think they meant that the cartels are directly pressuring the government to crack down on medical marijuana so they can expand the sale of hard drugs
Do you mean the u.s. government?
How do the cartels have access to it?
Via who?
How does that work?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:33 AM

643 posts, read 1,393,602 times
Hit a hydroponics store and grow your own. This saves me a lot of hassle and has become a hobby of mine. Also invest 50-100 dollars in a thick glass bong about 2 1/2 feet in size. I love my bong. Smokes up the whole house. You get high just being in my presence .

Old 02-24-2012, 06:48 AM

66 posts, read 81,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Yet another reason to end the drug war: Crooked cops using planted marijuana to bust innocent people:

Video.....check out 1:08 and the illegal planting:

Utica Police Officers Caught on Tape on 02-11-2011 - YouTube

Story:

Genius Cops Caught Apparently Planting Evidence By Own Dash Camera
I bet the mothers of these officers are so proud. This is why I no longer trust cops. Why did they plant the drugs? Because they are to much of a coward to go after the real criminals. They know that real criminals shoot back and murder families. They do the cowardly thing and ruin the lives of peaceful pot smokers. Police forces are licensed pistol toting thugs that ruin the lives of the innocent. Sad

Old 02-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Medical Marijuana is just a scam. It really has no legitimate value and it was sold to the people, as it is sold now, as a way to make money. ONE of the major reasons the federal government is cracking down on marijuana sales in California, is the simple fact: The people running the programs AREN'T paying their federal taxes; or for that matter, their state taxes. The owners of these places are getting FILTHY rich, living in million dollar homes, driving nice cars, and acting like drug dealers (which they are). They ARE NOT paying taxes, as of course, they said they would.

MOST people who support medical marijuana, do so for their own selfishness. They could care less what the true outcome of it is, as long as they can get high on Friday night, without worrying about being arrested/cited.

In so far as people who say: Well, in other countries where its legal, there aren't any problems. Are you SURE about that? You do realize, of course, Amsterdam is now banning marijuana sales for people who are not residents there? Why do you think that is? Could it be the people of the city, are tired of doped up, drunken tourists, coming to their city, and causing problems? Say it isn't so...They wouldn't cause problems, they are too "mellow."

Amsterdam Will Ban Tourists from Pot Coffee Shops - Global - The Atlantic Wire

"In order to tackle the nuisance and criminality associated with coffee shops and drug trafficking, the open-door policy of coffee shops will end," read a letter to the parliament from the health and justice ministers, obtained by Reuters. A BNO News story had more from a government statement:
Not paying their taxes? You mean not paying their extortion fees. They pay way to many taxes for their cannabis programs. The people who want it to be kept illegal are the cartels and gangs, that way they can control the market and get rich to buy guns and bullets. They want it kept illegal so that they can charge more. Why is it that seemingly decent folks like you did not learn from prohibition of alcohol? Why do you not recognize the benefits of cannabis in all it's forms? Did you know that cannabis is the most useful plant on earth? It alone has been the reason for me to no longer need my heart meds, blood pressure meds, pain meds and nausea meds? Did you know that cannabis can be used to eliminate the need for oil? Did you know that it is 100% effective in stoping seizures? Why? Because the human body has cannabis recepters in the brain and every other organ in the body. Research has shown in lab mice that mice that were given cannabis as a treatment for cancer 88% of the time they were cured and the other 12%, the tumors were 2/3 smaller than before the treatment. Did you know that the only reason cannabis was made illegal was because of the threat it put on certain trades? check this out FYI.
No Wonder It's Criminalized: Marijuana Makes Tumors Shrink and Halts Their Growth

Old 03-24-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
We had two medical maryjane facilities right across the street, literally 60ft from each other. Every day I would watch dozens of "patients" getting their medicine, and with only one or two exceptions, they were all 20-something boys, usually in packs of three or four, wearing either urban gansta clothes or MMA "bro" outfits. It was quite hilarious because after all the push to make MJ seem legit on so many levels, the farce was exposed daily and all the sterotypes were confirmed by this constant stream of pot-heads and present and future Beavis and Buttheads. To be fair, we did spot one guy with gray hair and a limp go in.

Both places have since been closed by the Feds.
Sorry to hear they closed the dispensary. Those "20 something boys" did after all get a recommendation from a doctor and guess what? Thats all they legally needed. Who are you to say they did not need it? Are you a doctor? were they your patients? Have you seen their chart? Now the folks that seriously need the medication have to go somewhere else and possibly be robbed, cheated, sold parsely or even killed to get the medicine that helps them alleviate their symptoms legally, in a safe environment. You know what a person in pain management has to go through to get their pain medicine? It is ridiculous all the hoops that they have to jump through because some A-holes abused the system. They even have to sign a contract that they will not obtain medicine from any other doctor and they are required to give random urinalysis tests to see if they are taking the med's and not selling them. I think it is so they can have a reason to look for other things like cannabis etc, but that's another story. My point is those same "twenty something boys" have all but destroyed the process of pain management for those that rely on it for a better life free of pain. Your comment is sad because you would overlook those who are legitimately in need of MMj but have to suffer because of those that abuse the system. People have been abusing "the system" whatever that system may be since the dawn of man. Look at taxes for crying out loud. People are constantly trying to get out of their so called fair share (as it were). Stop punishing the ones that desperately need the benefits of MMj and understand that the new system is not without it's flaws. So what if a twenty something wants to get high! Mj is a harmless plant that has many other benefits to it than just the high. What's wrong with someone who is over 18 wanting to get high? It's no different than the champaign flowing at a wedding and it is way less harmful to the environment and to the user than ANY other substance on earth. Their is a reason that humans have cannabinoid receptors inside their body, it's because mother nature will always provide an antagonist to battle virus's, cancer's and a myriad of other ailments naturally. All we have to do is find it and i think we have with this plant. Big pharma the FDA and the Cancer Institute dragged Dr. Burzynski (Houston) through the courts for 10 years nearly bankrupting him because he had found a naturally occurring cancer fighter that cured nearly 50% of the worst cancer patients that he saw. Not a single one of them were helped by the horrible chemo treatments that Big Pharma wanted (and demanded) that they use. Don't believe all the hype, Mj is a harmless plant that has many medical benefits, the high is just a by product of that medicine. It's kind of like the itchiness that pain med's cause. It is an accepted side effect of the med's. The Mj high is a "side effect", it just so happens to be so pleasurable that people seek it out for that side effect alone. Wake up people, stop punishing your neighbor because their use of this drug does not fit inside your selfish little box. What has a stoner ever done to hurt you? Remember this has been around for over 4000 years, (plus or minus) not a single person has died from the effects of Mj and you would have to ingest 1500 pounds of the stuff in 10 minutes to overdose (OD). Since it has been determined that ingesting that amount is physically impossible, it is safe to say that it's impossible to OD on marijuana. Stop pointing your accusatory finger at the ones who you say don't need it because they are twenty somethings with gangster shirts and baggy pants. Are you clairvoyant? Do you have some kind of super power that let's you know that they are faking their symptoms? Sounds like you hate the plant and that's because you have been brainwashed by your government. Don't feel bad, your not the only one and you surely will not be the last. Legalize it so that if your curious teen ager decides to try it (94% do) they can obtain it safely. You don't want to go to your teens funeral because he or she went into the ghetto to score the Mj. All because some twenty somethings legally obtained a license and you in your infinite wisdom think they are faking it. We call that stinkin thinkin and it has got to stop. Peace be with you in your search for the truth.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:26 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,857,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocal1 View Post
I bet the mothers of these officers are so proud. This is why I no longer trust cops. Why did they plant the drugs? Because they are to much of a coward to go after the real criminals. They know that real criminals shoot back and murder families. They do the cowardly thing and ruin the lives of peaceful pot smokers. Police forces are licensed pistol toting thugs that ruin the lives of the innocent. Sad
Yep. You see this all across the board when it comes to crime; pull over the person in a late model sedan who was going eight over on the freeway and charge him or her with speeding, reckless endangerment... throw the book at them, even though everyone knows that no one was in any danger. After all: they need that car and their license to get to work to trudge by and stay in their home, so they'll pay for bail.

Go and bust a repeat offender who sells hard drugs, has assault and rape convictions, etc, and he'll gladly sit in jail for a week or two and come back to the cash under his mattress.

Since prisons are an business in this nation, they need money...

Old 01-30-2014, 10:05 PM

5 posts, read 7,462 times
Default The President and Deli Lama has some input?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
An intensifying federal crackdown on growers and sellers of state-authorized medical marijuana has badly shaken the billion-dollar industry, which has sprung up in California since voters approved medical use of the drug in 1996, and has highlighted the stark contradiction between federal and state policies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/24/us...s.html?_r=1&hp

Like drug cartels, pharmaceutical companies want no competition, so they buy off congress and this is what you get.

Drug Cartels, Pharma? Ones Illegal the other is a Capitalistic Corporation - They both Suck because they both take from the general majority of the population which is the 99% of the so called middle class that's not so middle class anymore, it's become the poor class... It's a shame, but Marijuana vs. Alcohol has some interesting similarities to the Cartel vs Pharma.. They both can do damage to the body, society, and the Country.. What's the right answer?

Is Marijuana really a crime? | Marijuana Infographics

Take a look at this interesting graphic..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California