U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:37 AM

20,440 posts, read 13,108,455 times

Advertisements

Sealite, I gave you all the information you need to read and understand the CCW permitting process anywhere in California. Please see my first post #2.

Yes when you post on an open forum about any controversial issue you are going to get responses such as these. Had you clicked on my links and posted your question on that forum you would not have gotten all the idiotic responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 AM

6,540 posts, read 14,856,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Thank you. Is San Diego one of those counties?
I doubt they will in San Diego. The counties in the Mother Lode are very generous with CCW.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:33 AM

17,302 posts, read 13,769,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
The danger is three-prong.

* Allowing you to carry a concealed handgun greatly increases the chance that, at some distant point in future, you'll be upset/angry/drunk/whatever, maybe a neighbor will call you a name, maybe you'll get into a political argument in a bar, maybe a passing car will cut you off, you'll pull out a gun and start shooting. A large percentage of all homicides in the United States are committed in this manner.

Death by the Barrel | Harvard Magazine Sep-Oct 2004

* Having many handguns in circulation makes it very easy for criminals to obtain one. The United States has by far the largest number of handguns per capita.

* If you have a concealed gun on you while you're being assaulted, that increases your chance of being shot by a factor of 4.5.

Protection Or Peril? Gun Possession Of Questionable Value In An Assault, Study Finds

In developed countries where the populace does not have handguns and concealed carry permits is impossible to obtain (e.g. Australia), murder rates are three to four times lower than here.
Ya, that has worked out great for Mexico too.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:16 PM

9,958 posts, read 3,892,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Yawn, again, your constitutional rights are restricted in many areas, generally by conservative politicians in name of "national security".
And it's wrong no matter where, why or how it happens.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,252,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
For the love of God, I wasn't trying to start a goddamn gun control debate! WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE? WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO TURN EVERYTHING INTO A HEATED POLITICAL ARGUMENT? Maybe I should fly my 81 year old grandmother out here to live with me from Coal-crackerville western Pennsylvania. She'd fit right in, with her constant drama for nothing more than drama's sake. My God, you California people. I really did move to the "Pittsburgh of the west", didn't I? With your bitching and complaining left and right about politics, constantly looking for that perfect "in" that you can use to turn a simple question, statement, or causal conversation into an all-out ideology battle. I'm beginning to believe that you're actually worse than the whining elders of that Rust-belt ass pit that I used to call home. At the very least, you're no better.

Either answer my goddamn question, or don't bother responding! I don't care where you stand on the issue of gun control in California! If I did, then the title of this thread would have instead have been: "Where do you stand on the issue of gun control in California?"

Great tirade! It was so good i cracked up.
I love "for the love of god" and "what the hell is the matter with you people?".
Perfect.
The thing is, that's the way California itself is .... whacko, chaotic and uncontrollable.

Last edited by jaijai; 11-28-2011 at 08:56 PM..

Old 11-28-2011, 08:48 PM

6,390 posts, read 3,413,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
And it's wrong no matter where, why or how it happens.
Wrong happens.

Quote:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
Here is my question, the second amendment states clearly that the right to bear arms is due to the need for a well regulated militia. It is a clearly written sentence that predicates the right to bear arms on the need for a well regulated militia.

I do not see how the second clause can be supported with out the existence of the militia stated in the first clause.

In other words, the second clause is dependent on the first, but, no one in this country is a member of a well regulated militia providing security to the state and having to provide ones own weapon.

So, how can the right to bear arms exist?

Old 11-28-2011, 09:57 PM

20,440 posts, read 13,108,455 times
D.C. vs Heller.

Specifically SCOTUS interpretation of "militia" explains it all.

In defining militia SCOTUS has settled that "particular" issue and affirmed the individual right in the 2nd.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Status: "mutleys little moral voice... he cant resist" (set 11 days ago)

536 posts, read 1,196,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Impossible in LA County, with Baca bragging on his record of not issuing any.

Prior to the new woman Sheriff in OC, you could get one if you were a political crony of or high dollar contributor to the Sheriff. Maybe it's still like that, depending on if this Sheriff continues the practice of corruption.
Im sorry for you.. I think anyone who complies with the law ,isnt a criminal, has completed their gun safety class should have the right to possess and carry a ccw... and since I was LASD I know you are unsafe as a citizen

Ok.. Baca.. I think its a scam.. if you are rich and famous and make the right contribution there are some permits floating around.. you'll never hear about them.. but they are out there....

I let a number of people go in my career who were carrying ccw ( after a thorough investigation on the side of the road because of my liability I was taking on for not doing anything)... one case was poignant.. I was working one of our ghetto stations and stopped a car containing two sets of elderly couples for a traffic violation.. when I asked them if anyone was armed.. and sure enough every one of them had a handgun.. after unloading the guns I sent all the 80 plus year old citizens on their way.. my partner and I had a great laugh...one of the guns was rusted shut.. we fixed it for her...

L.A is a dangerous place... and the police cannot protect you...

In Shasta County the Sheriff has an open door policy on allowing CCW....
Background check, CCW shooting class, administrative fee... and you'll get one

and thats the way it should be.............

Old 01-03-2012, 02:22 PM

16 posts, read 20,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Anyone who complies with the law ,isnt a criminal, has completed their gun safety class should have the right to possess and carry a ccw...
+1. No... +10. I continue to be amazed by people who live in the "urbs" and "suburbs" who think anyone who doesn't believe as they do are criminals. It's not a right to keep and bear decorative toys that my humanities professor approved of", it's a right to keep and bear arms. But this doesn't answer the OP's question...

Quote:
Ok.. Baca.. I think its a scam.. if you are rich and famous and make the right contribution there are some permits floating around.. you'll never hear about them.. but they are out there....
It is. I personally have a relative who donated a huge chunk to a certain sheriff's re-election - guess what he got? Yep... one of that county's 28 CCW's. So some counties use it as a political cookie, rather than an extension of your RIGHT to be armed.

Unfortunately, with an anti-gun Governor like Brownie in office, who thinks ALL of our mostly rural state is like Bay Area 'urb he was mayor of, it will only get worse. Anyone who would ban OPEN CARRY shouldn't be allowed to run a state.

Also... Where is everyone failing the "thorough investigation, training, and Licensing" part? People act like CCW holders are Felonious Gangbangers, instead of the upstanding citizens they already proved themselves as being.

Quote:
I let a number of people go in my career who were carrying ccw ( after a thorough investigation on the side of the road because of my liability I was taking on for not doing anything)... one case was poignant.. (edited for brevity) ... L.A is a dangerous place... and the police cannot protect you...
Good for you!!! I wish more LEOs were like you guys!!!

Quote:
In Shasta County the Sheriff has an open door policy on allowing CCW....
Background check, CCW shooting class, administrative fee... and you'll get one

and thats the way it should be.............
I agree 110%. A CCW should be issued to good citizens who show they are good citizens and can handle responsibility... not used as a cupcake to sweeten the juicepot for greedy 'urb politicos...".

Sorry to drift so far. Check with the county Sheriff's office - they'll fill you in on whether it's possible to get a CCW in that county, what their specific requirements are, and how to fuulfill those requirements. And if your county sheriff starts laughing when you ask if it's possible... MOVE!!!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 AM

1 posts, read 340 times
Real simple: Criminals carry guns and kill innocent people: Honest law abiding citizens are not allowed to defend themselves because we need to dial 911 and let the government take care of us. I can't go to the airport and get on a plane because at 17 in the air force i swore to defend the constitution which the tsa and just about everyone else is pissing all over. Check out the most violent crime cities: They have the strictest gun control laws that only apply to law abiding citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California