U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 AM

3 posts, read 6,916 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any private or christian schools in or around the Thousand Oaks area? If so please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 01:53 PM

22 posts, read 56,096 times
There are actually quite a few, but it would depend on what age you need. Here are those that I am familiar with:

Bethany Christian School (PS - 6)
First Baptist Academy (PS - 6)
Hillcrest Christian School (PS - 12)
Ascension Lutheran School (PS - 8)
St. Paschal Baylon (PS - 6 or 8?)
La Reina High School (all girls) - (7 - 12)
Oaks Christian School (6 - 12)
Conejo Adventist Elementary (PS - 8)
Newbury Park Adventist Academy (9 - 12)
Pinecrest (?)
Carden School (?)
There are also a number of Christian preschools all over the Conejo Valley but too many to list here.

There may be more -- I would google or search greatschools.net or some such site for a complete list.

HTH!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:08 PM

26,362 posts, read 55,412,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerave View Post
Does anyone know of any private or christian schools in or around the Thousand Oaks area? If so please let me know.
Private schools in the Conejo Valley: Almost defeats the purpose of living there.

Last edited by Charles; 08-30-2007 at 09:27 PM..

Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 PM

7,760 posts, read 1,724,730 times
Great list, Momto4.

My kids went to Bethany Christian School for a few years and it is a really good school. The staff is wonderful & the kids get a very good education.

Ascension is not as good, friends of mine had kids who went there and they got all As in their classes, then went to public high school and struggled severely! Two different families, same story.

St. Pascals is a catholic school, and from what I have heard they really push the catholic religion, so if that is not something you are open to, avoid that school.

La Reina and Oaks Christian are excellent high schools. Oaks is $$$$$$, however.

Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California