U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-30-2010, 02:13 AM

19 posts, read 53,485 times
Question Considering San Diego to Relocate

I am looking for some insight from any and all who are sharing on this forum about relocating to San Diego and where might be some possible areas to consider staying on my military disability monthly benefits.

I would love to be near the beach area. Is it all real expensive along the coastline or does anyone know of any secret spots that only locals know about from living there? Also, I am curious how is rent near UC San Diego, the Point Loma and the Miramar area? I was told Encinitas, Del Mar, and Oceanside are areas to consider. Is that true? Am I foolish to think I could find a place with a yard for around $1000-$1300/a month anywhere down there in the San Diego County area? If not San Diego County, what about farther south or north along the coast for near that price range?

I was told there was a lot of development down in that county with never-lived-in homes. Has any of you heard anything about any deals like that going on down in SD County to try to get people into those homes at bargain purchase prices or lease options? I am most appreciative of any insight anyone could give me to any or all of these questions. Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 05:58 AM

26,362 posts, read 53,507,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izeroin View Post
I am looking for some insight from any and all who are sharing on this forum about relocating to San Diego and where might be some possible areas to consider staying on my military disability monthly benefits.

I would love to be near the beach area. Is it all real expensive along the coastline or does anyone know of any secret spots that only locals know about from living there? Also, I am curious how is rent near UC San Diego, the Point Loma and the Miramar area? I was told Encinitas, Del Mar, and Oceanside are areas to consider. Is that true? Am I foolish to think I could find a place with a yard for around $1000-$1300/a month anywhere down there in the San Diego County area? If not San Diego County, what about farther south or north along the coast for near that price range?

I was told there was a lot of development down in that county with never-lived-in homes. Has any of you heard anything about any deals like that going on down in SD County to try to get people into those homes at bargain purchase prices or lease options? I am most appreciative of any insight anyone could give me to any or all of these questions. Thank you.

If you haven't done so already, re-post this on the San Diego forum.

In the meantime, check HousingMaps and MapsKrieg - CraigsList Apartment Listings Mashed With Google Maps

Old 01-30-2010, 12:18 PM

19 posts, read 53,485 times
Default Relocating to San Diego

Thank you, Charles, for your help. I will re-post on San Diego and I appreciate the links for my research.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 461 times
HI, I am a nurse (LPN) for 24 years here in michigan. I am thinking of relocating there in Ione, my husband has a life long freind there. I have 2 dogs, and I was trying to get an idea of how much it costs in general to rent a small house with a yard. Also, how close the nearest hospital or nursing centers are in the area. Thanks for any information!

Old 12-16-2011, 05:00 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,083,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoria26 View Post
HI, I am a nurse (LPN) for 24 years here in michigan. I am thinking of relocating there in Ione, my husband has a life long freind there. I have 2 dogs, and I was trying to get an idea of how much it costs in general to rent a small house with a yard. Also, how close the nearest hospital or nursing centers are in the area. Thanks for any information!
Hi,
Just curious but why did you post this question on a 4 year old thread that's not about the topic you need help with?

Anyway, below is a link to craigslist.
There are rentals in Ione and surrounding area and i also clicked the little box after "dog".
You can get a good sense of prices by referring to craigslist even if you don't end up using it although it actually has the most comprehensive listing of rentals in any given area.

Sacramento apts/housing for rent classifieds "Ione " - craigslist

I don't know how close the hospitals or nursing centers are but you may want to post your question up on the "Sacramento" sub-forum for more specific questions about the area.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,524 times
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
You might look into Central CA, like Fresno or Visalia. I know Central inland CA is still relatively cheap.

V. =)
Thanks but Any Suggestion for home 2BHK

Old 12-17-2011, 05:38 PM

971 posts, read 2,598,369 times
Bakersfield is an affordable place if you don't mind the weather,and their is also a cute small town called Shafter which is about 15 mins to the north of Bakersfield if you want to live in a smaller community but in close proximity to Bakersfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California