Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 12:51 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,204,366 times

Advertisements

Wolf OR-7 is continuing his wandering. This DFG chart of his route shows that he may have passed close to Burney and then proceeded into the rugged remote Northeastern part of the state, and could be headed for Nevada. The data on the pdf map has been deliberately delayed several days by the DFG, wisely so.
www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/nongame/wolf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,642,757 times
Nevada won't do much for him. I am not sure there were wolves in Nevada in the historical period. But here is one for you. Why are pronghorn so fast? This is a question of long standing. Answer below.
. There used to be Cheetah's in Nevada.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:39 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,563,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Nevada won't do much for him. I am not sure there were wolves in Nevada in the historical period. But here is one for you. Why are pronghorn so fast? This is a question of long standing. Answer below.
. There used to be Cheetah's in Nevada.
What do you mean used to be?

CHEETAHS LAS VEGAS

Old 01-15-2012, 03:18 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,941,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The goal for any hunter, trapper,fisherman, meat eater etc is to not have the animal suffer any more than possible. You can flip that all you want. Excuse me while I go order a big juicy, double cheeseburger. Maybe some pork rinds for a snack

And no, trapping is not illegal I didn't know Michael Vick was the Danielle Boone type Somehow I can't picture him with a flintlock or tracking through the woods.

The illegal dog fighting for gambling comparison is about as far out there as you can get.
Time to ban hunting (and the murderous thugs on a power-trip who are usually associated with it).

Old 01-15-2012, 03:34 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,140,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
Time to ban hunting (and the murderous thugs on a power-trip who are usually associated with it).
Ban hunting? Why? Are you a Vegan, and use no animal products what so ever? Then OK, I respect your opinion..

If not please tell me how a chicken raised in a tiny pen never seeing the light of day, being pumped full of antibiotics is so vastly superior to me who would rather go spend a day communing with mother earth, doing what every animal (including humans) has done since life began??????

Agriculture in any form is unique to humans and relatively new way. Industrial agriculture practices are less than say 75 years old!!!
At least before then all omnivores were not so far removed from the REALITY and understood what is involved in eating meat or using animal products.......

"Murderous thugs on a power trip"
Wow............................................... ..................

Old 01-15-2012, 03:42 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,941,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Ban hunting? Why? Are you a Vegan, and use no animal products what so ever? Then OK, I respect your opinion..

If not please tell me how a chicken raised in a tiny pen never seeing the light of day, being pumped full of antibiotics is so vastly superior to me who would rather go spend a day communing with mother earth, doing what every animal (including humans) has done since life began??????

Agriculture in any form is unique to humans and relatively new way. Industrial agriculture practices are less than say 75 years old!!!
At least before then all omnivores were not so far removed from the REALITY and understood what is involved in eating meat or using animal products.......

"Murderous thugs on a power trip"
Wow............................................... ..................
Ain't no Vegan.
But the thugs that infest National forests during hunting season... murderous ones with blood on their mind, armed to kill, not to protect themselves: I firmly believe they're capable of taking out humans or "mistakengly" shooting a hiker (which happened more than once in PNW, without any criminal charges). Be real, even local US rangers will tell you they're the ones who pose a danger to lone hiker/camper.
These bloodthirsty, violent thugs should be banned.
They are one of the reasons why one needs to carry a loaded gun in these forests, for protection from them. I've seen enough of their hick inbred faces with killing thirst in their eyes.
These COWARDS mostly hunt with guns. "Since the beginning of time"--? I wanna see these COWARDS go against Grizzly (or any other large animal) without their wussy gun.
Since "life began" there were no human murderers walking and killing animals (and hikers) with firearms--this only had been for a couple of hundred years, not exactly since "life began"--before, they had to hunt with arrow and spear they made with own hands. I could at least respect this, as this was closer to "fair game" and this was about survival, not killing for fun. Most of those who hunt now, do it for the thrill of seeing a living being die, not for sustenance and survival.

Last edited by alexxiz; 01-15-2012 at 04:02 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 05:21 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,140,276 times
Quote:
Ain't no Vegan.
Most of those who hunt now, do it for the thrill of seeing a living being die, not for sustenance and survival.

Prove it....
That is not my experience at all... It is like saying most of the wolves are gone, so we should go kill off the remaining ones..

Also Please tell me what sustenance and survival has too do with anything.... What if you just enjoy eating the best pure and natural meats... Wild game....? I butcher my own livestock, I harvest my own wild game.... I can be sure it is done right, based on my beliefs of what is "right" I do not want others doing the killing for me... It takes away from the experience of humility of needing to kill a living thing if you want to eat meat... (Lets just say we eat way less meat, because we know what is involved...)

Sure plenty off bad eggs in this world, However, I personally prefer to judge the individual..

I choose to look for the positive in things.. I know many folks "pure at heart" that hunt with a gun, and a bow and blackpowder... Yep some of them may even look scary, and may be upset if someone stomps up on them and ruins their hunt... Many people are pretty good at picking up how you feel about them... So with your attitude I would not expect folks to be very friendly with you in the woods..

Any way believe what you want... Just saying..."Most" is an awfully big word...

Old 01-15-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
What do you mean used to be?

CHEETAHS LAS VEGAS
ahhhh, you got me there!

Quote:
Actually to call hunters murderous thugs is stretching it. Generally they are clueless and the percent of any game species harvested is pretty low.

I have seen more than my share of "road bow hunters"

For most hunters, setting up a rifle range a bar and a couple of RV's with some ladies from those houses in Nevada would be all they need to have a successful "hunt".

However, because of the lack of predators, the number of prey animals has skyrocketed to levels far beyond pre Euro contact. There are stories of the immigrants hunting for days in areas that we consider prime hunting grounds without seeing a deer.

Human predators, as poor as they are, are needed to counter act the lack of animal predators

Humans have two choices today, increase animal predators, or increase hunters.

This read is range con 101 The Lesson of the Kaibab

Old 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,853,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Prove it....
That is not my experience at all... It is like saying most of the wolves are gone, so we should go kill off the remaining ones..

Also Please tell me what sustenance and survival has too do with anything.... What if you just enjoy eating the best pure and natural meats... Wild game....? I butcher my own livestock, I harvest my own wild game.... I can be sure it is done right, based on my beliefs of what is "right" I do not want others doing the killing for me... It takes away from the experience of humility of needing to kill a living thing if you want to eat meat... (Lets just say we eat way less meat, because we know what is involved...)

Sure plenty off bad eggs in this world, However, I personally prefer to judge the individual..

I choose to look for the positive in things.. I know many folks "pure at heart" that hunt with a gun, and a bow and blackpowder... Yep some of them may even look scary, and may be upset if someone stomps up on them and ruins their hunt... Many people are pretty good at picking up how you feel about them... So with your attitude I would not expect folks to be very friendly with you in the woods..

Any way believe what you want... Just saying..."Most" is an awfully big word...
Ah, well Timbers --- you have previously met user_id ... now you have met another of our esteemed colleagues: Alexxiz ...
Enjoy now, ya he'ah?

Old 01-15-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Be real, even local US rangers will tell you they're the ones who pose a danger to lone hiker/camper.
These bloodthirsty, violent thugs should be banned.
They are one of the reasons why one needs to carry a loaded gun in these forests, for protection from them. I've seen enough of their hick inbred faces with killing thirst in their eyes.
1. As a former US FS Ranger, and NDOW Ranger, I highly disagree. It is the non hunter pyscho with a weapon that can be the problem. Someone who "thinks" they must camp and hike with a weapon and will fire it off at falling leaves, lost dogs, etc.

2. With a background of 6 decades in the woods, mountains and deserts, I have never seen "killing thirst" in anyone's eyes.

Hyperbole seldom works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California