Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:07 AM

16,581 posts, read 27,248,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
Most people in CA have dark hair.

Notice I didn't say "Californians". That's bc most don't consider themselves Californians or Americans but, rather, Mexican or Latino or Asian or Indian or Persian... etc.

The times I've seen the most people with blond hair has been when I've been outside of CA. That is no surprise given that white people have been fleeing the LA and SF metros for at least the past 10 years in favor of the intermountain states. Why? Well, no one born in the first world and who holds first world standards wants to live around third world people while enduring a high COL to do so.
This is one of the most well thought out and articulated idiotic post I've ever seen. Racist much? Wait...it's citydata nevermind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 01:24 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times
Quote:

Notice I didn't say "Californians". That's bc most don't consider themselves Californians or Americans but, rather, Mexican or Latino or Asian or Indian or Persian... etc.

The times I've seen the most people with blond hair has been when I've been outside of CA. That is no surprise given that white people have been fleeing the LA and SF metros for at least the past 10 years in favor of the intermountain states. Why? Well, no one born in the first world and who holds first world standards wants to live around third world people while enduring a high COL to do so.
And yet you remain here because you are Native American, right?
No? Ok ok, wait wait, don't tell me ...
ummmm, you're the designated white 'Storm Trooper', bound by racial honor to stay behind and fight the advancing barbarians!

Old 01-06-2012, 02:40 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,199,221 times
Quote:

You ignorance... I mean, racism, is impressive.

You want to know the real reason why people have been leaving CA? Cost of living. For most folks, the "third world people" part of your argument does not apply, because most folks are not xenophobic idiots...at least not to the point that they'd leave the state all together. Lots of towns in California are majority white, why wouldn't they just move to those places if they wanted to be in CA but not be around "third world people"? Not to mention many of the sates that Californians move to also have tons of "third world people" themselves (Arizona, Texas, New York, etc), so it would kind of defeat the purpose anyways.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:43 AM

13,824 posts, read 29,770,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Not really sure what the point of this thread is, but, don't we all pretty much start out blonde/blond and "evolve" from there? I was blonde when I was an infant/toddler, and so were my kids. My normal hair color now (when not dyed blue/black) is a medium brown. My oldest son, who started life as a blond, now has light brown hair, and my younger son, who also started out as a blond, now has very dark brown hair. Same thing with my siblings.
Ditto for my mother and her siblings. They were/are all native-Californians as well.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 PM

767 posts, read 1,735,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
And yet you remain here because you are Native American, right?
Trying to make a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
...bound by racial honor to stay behind and fight the advancing barbarians!
Not fight. Tolerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
You ignorance... I mean, racism, is impressive.

You want to know the real reason why people have been leaving CA? Cost of living.
You really think there is only one "real" reason.

Quote:
For most folks, the "third world people" part of your argument does not apply, because most folks are not xenophobic idiots...at least not to the point that they'd leave the state all together.
Ask nearly any middle class United States native to describe the neighborhoods the third world immigrants live in.

Quote:
Lots of towns in California are majority white, why wouldn't they just move to those places if they wanted to be in CA but not be around "third world people"?
You already know that not everyone wants to live in a town.

Quote:
Not to mention many of the sates that Californians move to also have tons of "third world people" themselves (Arizona, Texas, New York, etc), so it would kind of defeat the purpose anyways.
Says you. With a lower COL, it's easier to insulate one's self from the primitives, esp one's children, by sending them to private school. The COL in CA's major metros precludes that for most middle class Americans.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:19 AM

8 posts, read 13,423 times
Also, take note most blondes are not a natural blonde.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 AM

19,097 posts, read 16,465,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali is not all surfing View Post
Also, take note most blondes are not a natural blonde.

And this could be the reason for all the dumb blonde jokes. Natural blondes aren't dumb, after all.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:45 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times
Quote:
... Ask nearly any middle class United States native to describe the neighborhoods the third world immigrants live in.

... With a lower COL, it's easier to insulate one's self from the primitives,...
The only U.S. "natives" are, well, the native indians ... not a lot of them get to be middle class in their own country ... why? Folks like you ... that's why.

... "the primitives"?
Holy cow man ... *stuttering*

Old 01-07-2012, 01:49 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,531,114 times
In my extended family I had one naturally blond aunt (my mother's sister) and two very blond cousins (as in stereotypical Scandinavian blond). The rest of us have varying shades of brown and a 50/50 split on brown and blue eyes. Most of us can say that tired old "I was blond as a child!" thing, but it means nothing when you're brunette as an adult.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:58 AM

3,431 posts, read 5,200,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
In southern California one sees lots of blondes. Way more than NorCal. Look closer at most of them and you'll see darker roots Even many Asians and Hispanics attempt being blonde down there.
Ah, that's a totally oversimplified stereotype. Where in SoCal vs where in NorCal? You can't generalize like that. If you take, say, just the one compact city of San Francisco, you'll see tons of white, (artificially) blonde women in Cow Hollow and the Marina, way more than you would have 15 years ago. But hang out in the Mission, and everyone's a hipster with dark hair. Go out to Blackhawk, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, or wealthy parts of Marin, and you'll see tons of blonde caucasians (mostly women who dye their hair). But go to the South Bay, and you'll see way more Asians and Indians with black hair. Those differences exist within just one small slice of NorCal. The same can be said of SoCal. Go to Del Mar or La Jolla in North San Diego County, and there are tons of blondes. Go to North Park or Hillcrest, and there aren't. Where you see blondes has to do with localized demographics, race, socioeconomic status, and urban vs suburban culture in a way that can't be accurately applied to vast regions over hundreds of miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California