Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM

159 posts, read 489,562 times

Advertisements

I've thought about it a little. CA's population is about 38 million, while Texas is around 26 million. I've heard the Texas population is much more booming than CA's. With many Californians moving to TX for better opportunity, and immigration to Texas from Mexico and Asia could really boost up Texas' population, and people all around the US will find Texas "the place to be" instead of CA.

Who knows, maybe in 20 years, Texas might be the largest populated state and people in say, Michigan for example, will think about taking a vacation to Texas instead of California.

Would you mind that if it happened too? Hell, CA's population could even decline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 05:07 PM

79 posts, read 196,762 times
in my opinion...i've seen a lot of people move from different places, even from california, to big ol' texas. but i've seen the same amount move out too...it's becoming a preference. if you want bigger cheaper houses, a big yard, a media room, etc. then texas is the place to be...but mind you, from what i can see, they offer that out here because you WILL be stuck at home during the 3 digit summers and the cold winters. it's a nice place to raise a family...but it will be preference.

i'm in the process of moving back to california after living 8 years here in DFW...and it personally grew on us (family of 5). we've come to love it out here...but i wanna be able to go out at anytime and be at the beach or camping or skiing or any healthy outdoor lifestyle for me and my kids. i remember waiting for it to be around 10pm on summer days before i can even go running outside here where we are..kinda sucks sometimes. here where we are, you have to drive around 1 hr just to go to ikea...or atleast a couple of hours to go somewhere else. all we have here in dfw is six flags, the dallas cowboys stadium, and a couple of lakes. it gets old after a while...

so with that being said..i have seen people move to Texas and love it -- and move from Texas back to California because they miss the lifestyle or even to be allergy free because allergies are definitely a big thing out here in TX. sometimes it's worth the bigger cost of living...

Old 01-04-2012, 05:07 PM

943 posts, read 1,317,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideThistles View Post
I've thought about it a little. CA's population is about 38 million, while Texas is around 26 million. I've heard the Texas population is much more booming than CA's. With many Californians moving to TX for better opportunity, and immigration to Texas from Mexico and Asia could really boost up Texas' population, and people all around the US will find Texas "the place to be" instead of CA.

Who knows, maybe in 20 years, Texas might be the largest populated state and people in say, Michigan for example, will think about taking a vacation to Texas instead of California.

Would you mind that if it happened too? Hell, CA's population could even decline.
It's certainly possible. After all, California itself was not always the most populous state. At one time New York was. California surpassed it between 1960 and 1970, according to the US Census. So it's certainly possible that another state may overtake California at some time in the future, depending on circumstances.

But if it happens, it won't be for a long, long while. A difference of 30% is a huge difference to make up when you're talking about tens of millions of people.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGGieSD View Post
in my opinion...i've seen a lot of people move from different places, even from california, to big ol' texas. but i've seen the same amount move out too...it's becoming a preference. if you want bigger cheaper houses, a big yard, a media room, etc. then texas is the place to be...but mind you, from what i can see, they offer that out here because you WILL be stuck at home during the 3 digit summers and the cold winters. it's a nice place to raise a family...but it will be preference.
Sounds nice.. but I doubt anywhere in Texas has truly cold winters. I live here in NorCal and I doubt it could ever get really cold in even a place like Dallas, that I would be bothered by it.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,835,918 times
hoards of people flock to texas from california?
i don't think so ... unfortunately.
nice thought though.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,249,630 times
Quote:
Sounds nice.. but I doubt anywhere in Texas has truly cold winters. I live here in NorCal and I doubt it could ever get really cold in even a place like Dallas, that I would be bothered by it.

Just last year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/05/us/05storm.html

And the year before.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/storie...rth-Texas.html

And the year before that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-GPj30JIM

This is too easy.

Enjoy Texas

Old 01-04-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
So what, a little snow? I don't think a day or two of light snow and barely freezing temperatures is really what I'd call a cold winter. In my Northern CA city, it got down to 27 F in the morning two weeks ago.. I didn't think it was that bad.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:41 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,518,991 times
Quote:

Let me see your Math , if you did any?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,518,991 times
Quote:
So what, a little snow? I don't think a day or two of light snow and barely freezing temperatures is really what I'd call a cold winter. In my Northern CA city, it got down to 27 F in the morning two weeks ago.. I didn't think it was that bad.
Yeah but during daylight hours it 50 and 60 degree's

Old 01-04-2012, 08:23 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,317,822 times
Yes it is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California