Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,848,303 times

Advertisements

California is great to me. It's the best state in the union. If you have problems with it, I think it's time for YOU to get out.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,848,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
California is great to me. It's the best state in the union. If you have problems with it, I think it's time for YOU to get out.
But but but, you see: pilgrim here needs to change the cosmos to fit his personal-belief agenda ... California, the U.S., the world, the universe to serve his perceived master ... god needs the pilgrim to do his work because apparently [omnipotent] god is helpless in the face of us heathens. Pilgrim is just trying to do the good work where god has failed.

Pilgrim: I don't see an ally on this board for you. Nothing but us freaks here.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,202,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Pilgrim: I don't see an ally on this board for you. Nothing but us freaks here.
Wrong, am right in sync with his comments and opinions. Aside from the humerous banter with other posters, on which I am neutral, his remarks have been right on target Imo. I am unabashedly Politically Incorrect, and exercise that right at every opportunity. As thousands of other posts have stated, I too am frustrated and angered, not only about what California has become, but the whole nation. All over the land the inmates seem to be running the asylum.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:51 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,638,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Wrong, am right in sync with his comments and opinions. Aside from the humerous banter with other posters, on which I am neutral, his remarks have been right on target Imo. I am unabashedly Politically Incorrect, and exercise that right at every opportunity. As thousands of other posts have stated, I too am frustrated and angered, not only about what California has become, but the whole nation. All over the land the inmates seem to be running the asylum.
You are not in favor of fun filled sexual perversity? Boring.... If you will permit me to say so

I find those who use the term "politically correct" have not slowed down to think, "politically correct" is just using good manners, and should have no rightwing inflection on it.

If you think the inmates are running the asylum, it is helpful to remember, we have government of the people and by the people. Those legislators did not get in office by osmosis.

It is also time to go fishing.

Pilgrim does not appear to simply share views with you. He apparently feels other opinions are satanic, that is not the way to gain friends and influence people.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:55 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,202,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
You are not in favor of fun filled sexual perversity? Boring.... If you will permit me to say so
No, have always been a one woman man, and at my age it is too late to change things even if I wanted to.
Quote:
I find those who use the term "politically correct" have not slowed down to think, "politically correct" is just using good manners, and should have no rightwing inflection on it.
I was raised as a gentleman, to use good manners, and to have consideration for others. In today's society there are few that share this attitude and code of conduct, and this is a source of anger and resentment.
Quote:
If you think the inmates are running the asylum, it is helpful to remember, we have government of the people and by the people. Those legislators did not get in office by osmosis.
And this really has me concerned. The woeful overall ignorance of the voting population that tolerates such inept leadership from BOTH parties.

Quote:
It is also time to go fishing.
Go along with that. Have not bought my 2012 license yet. Many years ago used to fish the Central Coast surf, and have the urge to do so again. If you ride your horse along the beach, might spot me some day.

Quote:
Pilgrim does not appear to simply share views with you. He apparently feels other opinions are satanic, that is not the way to gain friends and influence people.
Have not paged back and read any of his earlier posts, but as mentioned, do share his frustration and also his fondness for Northern California.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,308,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

But hold on! You don't really want to leave California. Your family has been here for generations and California is in your DNA. Fortunately, California is a big state. There have got to be enclaves of sanity here and there. Most of California is "red", not "blue". So calm down, take a deep breath, and think about survival strategies.

If you can find the right place to live in your home state, maybe you won't have to worry about it being illegal to fire your male employee who suddenly starts showing up as a transvestite and decides he wants to use the ladies' room from now on. The matter will simply never come up. Examples could be multiplied, of course.

So, instead of leaving California, maybe the better sort of Californians could begin a colonization project in the far northern counties of the state. If you like the valley, Colusa and Glenn counties have low population densities, socially conservative populations, few water problems, and affordable real estate by California standards. If you prefer the foothills or mountains, Modoc County would be ideal - beautiful, remote, and overflowing with potential!
In other words, taking a page from the Free State Project. The Free County (or Counties) Project.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:00 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,848,803 times
Quote:
Ok then: two tickets to Nunavut, please! One way will be fine. Enjoy the New Horizons Puritanical Religious Commune you guys start up there with the polar bears. Although, BlackShoe, you write you have not "paged back and read any of [WesternPilgrim's] earlier posts", and I suspect you may wish to reconsider your choice of "citizenship" partner. If you DO read back, and you DO end up still in agreement -- well then, it is a match made in heaven, as the saying goes. Enjoy.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:17 AM

191 posts, read 309,586 times
I doubt people in Glenn, Colusa, or Modoc Counties want you either.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:25 AM

364 posts, read 608,789 times
There are plenty of others who think like the OP. The jokers who clown around here and try to convince us that they are the norm know better. The average family has nothing in common with them and they know it. But they are a loud bunch and seem to have endless time to post their nonsense.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,638,540 times
Quote:
No, have always been a one woman man, and at my age it is too late to change things even if I wanted to.

Funfilled perversity does not require violation of marriage vows..

I was raised as a gentleman, to use good manners, and to have consideration for others. In today's society there are few that share this attitude and code of conduct, and this is a source of anger and resentment.

That is not a political position, that is bad parenting, left or right or middle.

And this really has me concerned. The woeful overall ignorance of the voting population that tolerates such inept leadership from BOTH parties.

Would you run for a major office that would expose you and your family to the kind of attacks that occur? I think the problem is that men of good conscience typically won't. So the best are not running and will not run.....

Go along with that. Have not bought my 2012 license yet. Many years ago used to fish the Central Coast surf, and have the urge to do so again. If you ride your horse along the beach, might spot me some day.

I do that occasionally, although I hate out and backs. Typically I look for loops.. which means out in the hills rather than the beach. I do not have the patience to fish much... I like to find a camp near fishermen, and help them dispose of their catch.

Have not paged back and read any of his earlier posts, but as mentioned, do share his frustration and also his fondness for Northern California.

I have a hard time with folks that claim to be Christians yet limit their positive interactions to those who think like they do, very un Christ like....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California