Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 03:45 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,582,787 times

Advertisements

They're not done yet, far from it. Here's more: Legislation Allowing Boys in Girls' Bathrooms and Locker Rooms:

"A recently amended bill in the California Legislature would allow boys to access the girl’s locker room, bathrooms and play and compete on girl’s sports teams, starting in elementary school. Assembly Bill 266 had been a bland bill dealing with sports teams and arenas. But with a quick amendment on Wednesday the bill now allows for self-selection of gender by students in California schools.

The modified legislation now states:

'A pupil shall be permitted to participate in sex-segregated school programs, activities, and facilities, including athletic teams and competitions, consistent with his or her gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil’s records.'

By amending an existing two year bill, the modified legislation avoids certain hearing and public input requirements and perhaps some of the expected public opposition.
"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 04:07 PM

30,702 posts, read 79,372,236 times
So will my sone have to wear a dress to be alloed to shower in te girls locker room, or can he just otherwise act like a typical 16 y.o. boy?

Old 01-09-2012, 04:12 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times
After seeing some of these girls dunk i thought that this already passed.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
So will my sone have to wear a dress to be alloed to shower in te girls locker room, or can he just otherwise act like a typical 16 y.o. boy?
Looks like all he has to do is pick the other "gender identity". Doesn't matter how he looks or acts, so long as he says he's a she.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times
I see track records falling fast.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,631,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
They're not done yet, far from it. Here's more: Legislation Allowing Boys in Girls' Bathrooms and Locker Rooms:

"A recently amended bill in the California Legislature would allow boys to access the girl’s locker room, bathrooms and play and compete on girl’s sports teams, starting in elementary school. Assembly Bill 266 had been a bland bill dealing with sports teams and arenas. But with a quick amendment on Wednesday the bill now allows for self-selection of gender by students in California schools.

The modified legislation now states:

'A pupil shall be permitted to participate in sex-segregated school programs, activities, and facilities, including athletic teams and competitions, consistent with his or her gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil’s records.'

By amending an existing two year bill, the modified legislation avoids certain hearing and public input requirements and perhaps some of the expected public opposition.
"
Apparently the poster has never been to any of our fine Universities..

Old 01-09-2012, 05:55 PM

7,373 posts, read 15,941,727 times
Well, there's always Greece as a comparison reference: Furor in Greece Over Pedophilia as a Disability - ABC News

Old 01-09-2012, 06:05 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,317,871 times
I can see the headlines now about the rash of six-year old weenie waggers infiltrating the girls locker rooms in all the elementary schools.

If I was still in the legislative business in CA, this one would likely have been Exhibit 1 in my annual Stupid Useless Bill (SUB) File.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:09 PM

199 posts, read 616,009 times
D**n! I'm always 40 years too late!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Looks like the party is over for now. I just received the following e-mail from CRI:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legislative Update!

AB 266 Pulled!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victory!

Author Assemblyman Tom Ammiano has pulled AB 266! We want to thank you for calling your Assemblymembers as well as the Assembly Education Committee. Because of the pressure you applied this bill has been withdrawn. Your voice was heard loud and clear!

If this bill would have gone through it would have allowed for self-selection of gender by students. Boys would have had access to the girl's locker room and bathrooms and would have been allowed to play and compete on girl's sports teams, starting in elementary school.

But because of your hard work this bill has seen it's end!

Thank you for standing for children in CA schools!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California