Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 05:04 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,634,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Good questions Dean trails...
Thank you for the insight highnlite
My thinking is to focus on smaller creek bottoms instead of big river plains for good soil.. Places with maybe 15 or 20 acres of good land with the balance in timber and or pasture...

Highnlite, what elevation is the fog line in the area?
Remember, we really don't have big river plains, we don't have rivers, even our "big" rivers commonly dry up in the summer.

We have two fog seasons. Summer fog comes off the ocean and sticks to the coastal side of the Santa Lucia Range which bisects the county, and can be 1500+- thick.

The winter fog is a high pressure fog and is found north and east of the Santa Lucia Range and is a cold misery creating fog as California's Central Valley residents know all to well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 05:32 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,784,142 times
Tule fog... meh.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Tule fog... meh.
Perfectly stated.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 PM

50,069 posts, read 46,625,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
No proof, just a personal observation. Working-class Hispanics whether in factories or the fields tend to be pretty clean in comparison to their non-Hispanic peers.

Yes, unlike Ralph's. Ralph's has been in business since 1873....and they are now owned by company that has been in business since 1883.
Have you ever been out to a field when they are picking? Many farmer's market guys use the same illegal work force.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,137,399 times
Quote:
What looks urban? This area isn't dense and there are many local farms. Is it a small red-neck town in the middle of no where? No....
I call uncle.. Peace.. I do not want to debate if where you live is rural or urban red-neck or white collar.. I am sure we both can engage in more productive conversation than that..

That farm market you posted looks like a fun place...

Old 01-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Working-class Hispanics whether in factories or the fields tend to be pretty clean in comparison to their non-Hispanic peers.
I find this humorous. Non factual, but humorous.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:57 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,844,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
I call uncle.. Peace.. I do not want to debate if where you live is rural or urban red-neck or white collar.. I am sure we both can engage in more productive conversation than that..

That farm market you posted looks like a fun place...
lmao ... uh True, you are new here ... you have not yet caught on to our esteemed colleague (as they say in the halls of Congress when referring to members they don't like) user_id ... no, you can't both engage in more productive conversation ... you may be able to ... but not with user_id ... he's a live-bait fisherman who doesn't care what kind of fish he catches so long as it argues back ... and he doesn't care what the argument is about either, so long as he can argue ... any subject will do ... and he is a world-renown expert on all.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:14 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,001,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
lmao ... uh True, you are new here ... you have not yet caught on to our esteemed colleague (as they say in the halls of Congress when referring to members they don't like) user_id ... ...
I'd seriously suggest finding better things to do with your time than talking about me....

Old 01-13-2012, 12:16 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,001,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Have you ever been out to a field when they are picking? Many farmer's market guys use the same illegal work force.
But they don't...the people at the farmer's markets need to know sufficient English to sale produce....and that excludes most illegals.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,844,212 times
Quote:
I'd seriously suggest finding better things to do with your time than talking about me....
Seriously?
Man, I better get right on it!
While we're talking seriously about suggestions ... here's one for you .......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California