Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,137,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
But they don't...the people at the farmer's markets need to know sufficient English to sale produce....and that excludes most illegals.
"Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer
Have you ever been out to a field when they are picking? Many farmer's market guys use the same illegal work force."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

User ID, maybe you come off as being one who likes to argue because you see and hear things differently..???

When I read 1angry's statement it makes sense, a Dirty farmer market dude, may higher a squeaky clean illegal to pick his crops for him to take to the farmer market and sell.... These squeaky clean illegals are the same workforce that pick for companies selling to grocery stores.

1angry never said illegals were selling at farmer market stands...He said PICKING!!. Yet you were being argumentative about selling???....

Do you find this happens to you often in life? Maybe you can get some help, it must be a horrible handicap. I have an in-law with the same problem as you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,843,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
... User ID, maybe you come off as being one who likes to argue ...
Do you find this happens to you often in life? Maybe you can get some help, ...

Old 01-13-2012, 12:02 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,000,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
1angry never said illegals were selling at farmer market stands...He said PICKING!!. Yet you were being argumentative about selling???....
Umm...is this your idea of a productive conversation?

1angry's comment is ambiguous. Now in the context of my comments its not surprising at all that I would interpret it to refer to the people at farmers markets, after all....that is what I was talking about. Now, is that what he meant? Perhaps not....he'll have to clarify matters.

Anyhow, your comments are terribly ironic and as I suggested to null you may want to find something better to do with your time...

Old 01-13-2012, 02:12 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,633,622 times
Quote:

Anyhow, your comments are terribly ironic and as I suggested to null you may want to find something better to do with your time...
I think perhaps it has become a game, someone comes up with a subject, any subject, posts it, and you argue against it.

Kinda fun in a middle school sort of way.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I think perhaps it has become a game, someone comes up with a subject, any subject, posts it, and you argue against it.
Except of course that I don't comment on the vast majority of threads.... Now...I realize it gets boring up in redneckistan....but perhaps you too can find something better to do with your time than commenting about me?

Old 01-13-2012, 02:34 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,633,622 times
Quote:
Except of course that I don't comment on the vast majority of threads.... Now...I realize it gets boring up in redneckistan....but perhaps you too can find something better to do with your time than commenting about me?
Redneckistan vs megaslobopolis.... I am having a fine day, watching the illegals harvesting crops out the front door. The freshies will be in your supermarket ready for you, in a week or two, laced with chemical fertilizers and pesticides, but, hey, we need your consumption to help us to buy new Ford Pickups with rifle racks.

Really now, are we not commenting to you?

Old 01-13-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Where would you find the time? In less than three years you already have nearly 9,000 posts. No, true, you don't comment on the vast majority of threads ... you comment on as many as you have time in your day to comment on -- nearly regardless of subject, and often regardless of you having any actual experience with the issues you raise. You are a "grazer" ... you browse, a thought pops into your head that you sniff an opportunity to create an argument / issue, out of something often fairly insignificant to the topic -- and off you go to Wikipedia for a quick summary to give you some minutiae to work with -- and 'Bingo'! -- you're in business with an argument providing the opportunity to spread your message of perceived self-superiority over the "proles" and minions, much as a hippo marks his territory by fanning his tail as he sh*ts to spread the goods.

I posted a resource for those interested in local farmer's markets ... you have done what you can to turn it into a factually unsubstantiated social evaluation of the personal hygiene of farmers, and an attack on their economic motivations.

Nice work user.
I now await your response correcting me on the territorial habits of hippos.
In the spirit of cooperation, I'll save you a step ... start here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippopotamus

Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I am having a fine day, watching the illegals harvesting crops out the front door. The freshies will be in your supermarket ready for you, in a week or two, laced with chemical fertilizers and pesticides, but, hey, we need your consumption to help us to buy new Ford Pickups with rifle racks.
I'm not sure why you think I mind buying produce from the central coast.....I'm also not sure why you think they put produce in some mysterious container for 1~2 weeks and when it only takes a few hours to move it down here....

Fertilizers and pesticides? Gee, do that put that on just for our benefit?

Old 01-13-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I posted a resource for those interested in local farmer's markets ... you have done what you can to turn it into a factually unsubstantiated social evaluation of the personal hygiene of farmers, and an attack on their economic motivations.
Ironically that was all your work, I merely commented back. I made a rather brief comment farmers markets....and you jumped on it.

Anyhow, you are free to think I approach the forums like you, but I don't. But don't you get tired of pontificating about people you don't know at all?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Ironically that was all your work, I merely commented back. I made a rather brief comment farmers markets....and you jumped on it.
Actually no ... below, your first and second posts ... it has gone on from there:

Quote:
I've never understood the allure of Farmers markets.....a collection of unwashed resellers selling overpriced produce.
Quote:
The merchants.....and call me crazy but I wonder how well people handle food when they can't handle basic personal hygiene.

It hasn't, instead being able to get by in life without committing yourself to the "soil of honest labor" is a signifier of higher intelligence. Indeed, much of modern fashioned is based on this... Why do you think something as stupid as high heals are fashionable? Why do "professional" men wear pieces of fabric on their necks? In each case you'll find that the cloths make it difficult to do "the soil of honest labor".

Regardless, I'm just entertaining the thought, my comment had nothing to do with your rant at all. I just don't get the allure of buying overpriced produce from unwashed men.

What standard? Umm....where you can get it cheaper. They are selling the same mutated junk you can get from just about anywhere in California.

You don't need to go farmers markets to buy local produce, if something is in season and its grown in California than even the large grocery chains will (at least usually) source it locally.
Quote:
... But don't you get tired of pontificating about people you don't know at all?
Moi? Not when they consistently come on with hyper-supercilliousness, no, I don't.

And speaking of pontificating about people you don't know: you don't think that is a perfect description of what you do here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California