Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 09:20 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,542,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
Much lower, I can guarantee. But, okay....

63% of men who are homosexuals had syphilis, compared to just 22%( or so) for heterosexuals in 2008.
Also, this STD can lead to HIV easily due to the virus. It's disgusting stuff.

No more recent information was available from the CDC; sorry.
Bigot needs to learn how to use citations.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,828,191 times
Quote:
If it's so futile, then prove it to me swiftly; knock me down with a plethora of facts that will forever change my mind. Or can't you? Or WON'T you?

Also, I do not have a "closed mind and a closed heart." If homosexuals want to have civil unions, then fine; let them be happy. But the point when they want marriage, a respected institution for such a long time, is where I say no.

That brings me, with much sadness, to the fact that heterosexuals now often treat marriage wrong as well.
That's not my fault, and I won't hear that argument.
Finally, "claptrap"? I give you facts from the CDC...a well-respected medical institution! You know not what you say!
Also, bringing God into this is not what I wanted. In fact, YOU did it.
If you write a less wordy and more concise post i can respond.
And i will.
I don't have a need to change anyone's mind but if i did, i wouldn't be attempting to do so when someones mind is already made up.
You just want to have fun arguing and i have no sense that you're open intellectually or otherwise.
But i'll play a little.
There is nothing to be respected about marriage in and of itself.
I respect honesty, love, commitment, devotion and all of that good stuff.
That may or may not exist in a marriage.
Marriage has become something of a joke. For the 3rd time on this thread i will say that only a relative few feel that marriage is sacred and take their vows seriously.
And i don't think that i've ever used the term "claptrap" in my life.
And have i mentioned "god" in those couple of exchanges with you?
I didn't think so.
And facts ... well, you must know that anyone can find facts to support their argument.
And finally, i do not respect the CDC just 'cause they're a "well respected medical institution".
Generally speaking those "well respected medical institutions" are the ones that i trust the least as they tend to be tools / puppets for government and corporate interests and, again generally speaking, do not employ scientists and researchers who are interested in riding any kind of cutting edge / future wave.
Those are the waves that interest me.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:23 PM

749 posts, read 834,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
boy you are sure into that incest thing...

Not seeing much public out cry for that one... They are already next of kin and can visit each other in the hospital after hours, share a last name can will things to one another without penalty, so they have quite a few of the simple "rights" without being married... Not sure what marriage would gain them...?

Maybe you should start a thread on that one... This one is about homosexual couples..
If you truly think homosexuals desire marriage for any of the reasons you mentioned above, you're misinformed. It's just another line in the sand removed....they can excuse it any which way, but in the end it's about gaining respect through the breaking of barriers....any ol' way.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
Quote:
Tell me: exactly how is homosexuality productive to society?
Homosexuality as in the sex act (something anti-homos seem to be obsessed with) or in the union of two same-sex people? I pointed out earlier in this topic how positive those unions can be when they raise society's cast-off children. That sounds pretty damn productive to society to me.

Quote:
Have you not noticed that they must have parades and constant shows of it just to show who they are? It's a type of insecurity, I assure you.
Or the collective show of solidarity of an oppressed minority. Y'know, oppressed... as in so called heteros calling them perverts.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,624,497 times
The ancient Greeks held that homosexuality was the prime component in military unit cohesion,, we may get to that point in a few years.

Sex, het or hom, is simply the stimulation of nerve endings, to put some sort of moral value on it is silly. We don't put a moral value on a really good BM, or the pleasant relief that comes with finally getting out of the car and into the mens room.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,134,524 times
Quote:
Tell me: exactly how is homosexuality productive to society? Have you not noticed that they must have parades and constant shows of it just to show who they are? It's a type of insecurity, I assure you.
Sorry, you did not ask me the question.. I do not even know why I waste my time asking you questions as you do not respond..

Please tell me who would not feel insecure if you were chastised, looked down on, forced to hide your feelings and emotions... You telling me you would not be insecure...

What on earth does productivity mean? Stable couples or individuals that work jobs and pay taxes and contribute to their community? Is that productive? Or are you back to procreate again... What the heck we have a population of 7 billion and counting, with way to many unwanted children already.....

Tell me the difference between a heterosexual couple that is fixed and a homosexual couple... Should my marriage licence be revoked because I had a vasectomy and can not procreate any more? What if some one uses birth control? They should not have sex because it is not intended to procreate????????????????

Productivity... wow that is a weird question..

Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 PM

459 posts, read 719,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
If you write a less wordy and more concise post i can respond.
And i will.
I don't have a need to change anyone's mind but if i did, i wouldn't be attempting to do so when someones mind is already made up.
You just want to have fun arguing and i have no sense that you're open intellectually or otherwise.
But i'll play a little.
There is nothing to be respected about marriage in and of itself.
I respect honesty, love, commitment, devotion and all of that good stuff.
That may or may not exist in a marriage.
Marriage has become something of a joke. For the 3rd time on this thread i will say that only a relative few feel that marriage is sacred and take their vows seriously.
And i don't think that i've ever used the term "claptrap" in my life.
Have i mentioned "god" in those couple of exchanges with you?
I didn't think so.
And facts ... well, you must know that anyone can find facts to support their argument.
And finally, i do not respect the CDC just 'cause they're a "well respected medical institution".
Generally speaking those "well respected medical institutions" are the ones that i trust the least as they tend to be tools / puppets for government and corporate interests and, again generally speaking, do not employ scientists and researchers that are interested in riding any kind of cutting edge / future wave.
Those are the waves that interest me.
Oh, no, here we go...
1) You didn't say "claptrap" or "God" at all; that was some other person, so sorry. My posts are actually aimed at anyone that is an opponent of mine.
2) You fit the bill: It's gotta be cutting-edge, new, futuristic, eh?
Alright, then there's no way to change YOUR mind...
Really, it comes down to this:
When we can both explain our points logically, and there is no way to change the other's viewpoint, the conversation is over.
Now, you can go back to calling me and others who have such opinions and beliefs bigots and....sexualist? I don't know.
You can't respect my opinion, so we can't go anywhere, can we?
I hope you have a nice day, jaijai, because I can't wish anything bad on you or anyone else. We all have our POV's, and that's no reason to get angered.

And if you cared, really, to explain, I can assure I'd listen. I'm not the type to hold a pillow to my ears and yell gibberish to avoid new ideas, I just use common sense in conjunction with my stubbornness on all things.
I happened to have a belief, said it, debated for it, and find that from the very start, you were going to discount it.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Homosexuality as in the sex act (something anti-homos seem to be obsessed with) or in the union of two same-sex people? I pointed out earlier in this topic how positive those unions can be when they raise society's cast-off children. That sounds pretty damn productive to society to me.

Or the collective show of solidarity of an oppressed minority. Y'know, oppressed... as in so called heteros calling them perverts.
Okay, you raise a good point. The union of two people, regardless of sex is productive, because it builds a family, which is, as you know, the building block of society. I have no problem with that at ALL. It is quite helpful that they do that, and I commend them.

But sexual acts have no productivity with those same people.

I'm glad you made the distinction, so I could explain. You people don't understand my views that well, and lack of communication is the problem that leads to wars.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:36 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,828,191 times
Quote:
Tell me: exactly how is homosexuality productive to society? Have you not noticed that they must have parades and constant shows of it just to show who they are? It's a type of insecurity, I assure you.
So the Irish in Boston and Chicago shouldn't have their grand parades to celebrate their cultural identify?
No parades on Memorial Day for the veterans?
No parades for anyone?
Or just gay people?

And what's this "productive to society" b.s.?
How are you productive to society?
I'm sure not "productive to society" and i'm heterosexual.
How are heterosexuals "productive to society" any more than homosexuals?
Who is destroying cultures around the globe and the earth itself? Most are heterosexuals.
Is it because heterosexuals reproduce that you think they are more productive to society? Well geez, that's a large part of what's destroying society (not to mention the planet) ... mindless reproduction by millions of unwell people who shouldn't be raising children.
Homosexuality is a natural and an age old facet of human culture.
Gays and lesbians (and anyone else who doesn't live up to your standards of what's "right" or "normal") do not have to prove that they are "productive to society" in order to be who they are.

Last edited by jaijai; 01-25-2012 at 09:47 PM..

Old 01-25-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Sorry, you did not ask me the question.. I do not even know why I waste my time asking you questions as you do not respond..

Please tell me who would not feel insecure if you were chastised, looked down on, forced to hide your feelings and emotions... You telling me you would not be insecure...

What on earth does productivity mean? Stable couples or individuals that work jobs and pay taxes and contribute to their community? Is that productive? Or are you back to procreate again... What the heck we have a population of 7 billion and counting, with way to many unwanted children already.....

Tell me the difference between a heterosexual couple that is fixed and a homosexual couple... Should my marriage licence be revoked because I had a vasectomy and can not procreate any more? What if some one uses birth control? They should not have sex because it is not intended to procreate????????????????

Productivity... wow that is a weird question..
What questions have I not answered? Some cannot be answered, by anyone.
If I missed one, I apologize.

Again, the insecurity rises from (this is a psychology thing) from not being equal or on equal standing with someone else, thus feeling...devalued or less valued. Eventually, this leads to an outward display (or displays) of who they are to make themselves feel better. I think it is very damaging to have people telling you that your way of life is wrong--either because of those people or because the truth is hard.

In the end, they can have the parades, and the others can protest. It's a right to free speech. Yet, one group is okay and the other not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California