Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 09:51 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,784,142 times

Advertisements

They're only ~10% of the population, so their lack of newborns won't affect this productive stuff you're hung up on.

As far as what they do with their sexual organs, all I can suggest is to take a page from my book: Don't dwell on it.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:51 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,137,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
Natural? Then why does reproduction, a natural function of most organisms' lives (and surely humans) remain impossible for gays? Why, to use simple language, don't men have the ability to impregnate other men? If it were natural, it would work, but it doesn't.

And I can't say who's right or normal! How preposterous! I myself, and perhaps you, would not be considered "normal" by some others; in fact, normalcy, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

The only reason I can think of for not being reproductive is that fact that their reproductive organs don't match...they cannot naturally reproduce.
And, when you reproduce, you're being re-productive.
I can't explain further.
Same with heterosexuals that use birth control, a condom or had a tubal or vasectomy... Yes?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 PM

459 posts, read 720,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I'm not the one who is intolerant of people expressing their sexuality in any way that they choose.
I'm not the one who is threatened by it.
I tolerate any and all expression as long as it does not involve forcing ones will upon another.
It's about accepting people as they are and accepting a broad range of human behavior ... sexual and otherwise.
It's that simple.
Any way they choose...like those other things you don't want to talk about. Incest, etc.
I'm not threatened, like some hare in the forest, I'm mad that you think the government should be officially able to tell me to accept something I don't, or face consequences.
It doesn't work that way. We are a republic. We vote on these issues, and the people decide.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,633,622 times
You know, if god had a sense of humor he would make the children of these angry anti homosexual people gay.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Same with heterosexuals that use birth control, a condom or had a tubal or vasectomy... Yes?
Yes, it is not the right thing to do. You got me there; all that birth control and whatnot...not right either.

But two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 PM

Oh, another Catholic! Welcome to Dante's Inferno.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,831,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
Natural? Then why does reproduction, a natural function of most organisms' lives (and surely humans) remain impossible for gays? Why, to use simple language, don't men have the ability to impregnate other men? If it were natural, it would work, but it doesn't.

And I can't say who's right or normal! How preposterous! I myself, and perhaps you, would not be considered "normal" by some others; in fact, normalcy, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

The only reason I can think of for not being reproductive is that fact that their reproductive organs don't match...they cannot naturally reproduce.
And, when you reproduce, you're being re-productive.
I can't explain further.
You assume that the only reason that human beings are on the planet is to reproduce.
Imo, that is not true.
Also, heterosexuals have sex all of the time with no intention of reproducing.
There is only a few days during a month that a woman is fertile.
At this point in human history there is no obvious reason to reproduce at the rate that humans are doing so ... just the opposite in fact.
And we express our sexuality not only to reproduce but also because it feels really, really good (ideally).
It is also a way for human beings to connect on a profound level, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.
Gays and lesbians also have the capacity to express their sexuality in order to connect with the other on a profound level.
And both heterosexuals and homosexuals can express themselves sexually in a base and solely physical way.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Oh, another Catholic! Welcome to Dante's Inferno.
I'm not Catholic, friend, I'm in fact not what you'd imagine at all.
I really wish people would stop judging me. You do not know me, so please don't.
Well, keep this going, I've got some work to do and I'll be back.
By the way, I hope you don't see me as some fanatical religios zealot or someone who bitterly opposes you...
That'd be sad, because we are all just people with opinions based on how we feel. Good night.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
You assume that the only reason that human beings are on the planet is to reproduce.
Imo, that is not true.
Also, heterosexuals have sex all of the time with no intention of reproducing.
There is only a few days during a month that a woman is fertile.
At this point in human history there is no obvious reason to reproduce at the rate that humans are doing so ... just the opposite in fact.
And we express our sexuality not only to reproduce but also because it feels really, really good (ideally).
It is also a way for human beings to connect on a profound level, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.
Gays and lesbians also have the capacity to express their sexuality in order to connect with the other on a profound level.
And both heterosexuals and homosexuals can express themselves sexually in a base and solely physical way.
Not to devalue your point, but after much debate and sparring, that made my day. Thanks, and have a good one.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 PM

It was a shot in the dark, especially coming so close on the heels of WesternPilgrim and his Catholic rants recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California