Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 PM

749 posts, read 836,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Then what is the root of your intolerance?
Just like some care for vanilla, and some for chocolate....I simply find the whole idea of homosexuality revolting and ridiculous.

I'm entitled to that opinion, and gay people are entitled to theirs....and their rights as they see fit.

But that doesn't mean that I should change my outlook as a result.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,835,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
FLORIDA loves Gays.... Come on down to Wilton Manors !!!!

Don't forget ... BRING MONEY.

Kisses !!!!
You said that at least once before Mr. Kurtz.
Your invitation to gay people and your obsession with Arnold S. makes me wonder.
Is there something that you'd like to share with the group dear?

Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Just like some care for vanilla, and some for chocolate....I simply find the whole idea of homosexuality revolting and ridiculous.

I'm entitled to that opinion, and gay people are entitled to theirs....and their rights as they see fit.

But that doesn't mean that I should change my outlook as a result.
It's one thing to find homosexual expression unusual, strange or difficult to relate to.
But when someone has an extreme reaction to it and finds it "revolting, i question the root of those feelings.
Men in particular seem to have a really difficult time with male homosexuality.
But isn't it interesting that one of the most (or the most) common fantasies among men is female with female sexual expression.
What's that about?

Old 01-25-2012, 10:09 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,820,324 times
Well, we'll never know for sure. That's one of the drawbacks of debating online.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
There are people who were raised with and conditioned by organized religion who then strongly react against it.
But the conditioning remains beneath that veneer of protest and reactivity.
Generally speaking, the more intolerant and dogmatic the religion, the stronger the reaction against it will be.
But ideas implanted in a young persons mind are not easily uprooted even though the person has, later in life, rebelled against those who conditioned him/her.
So perhaps this is the case with Lefty. (just speculating)
Either religious indoctrination or repressed and/or unacceptable homosexual tendencies (or both) seem to be the cause of this kind of intolerance.
What else could be the reason?
I don't know.
I have never been, nor ever will set foot in a church. My parents are not religious, nor are the bulk of my family or friends. Sure, a few are, but their life is theirs, and mine is mine. They know not to push it at me, and I don't give them grief for giving themselves to their "lord".

I really do think you guys read too much into what the media is telling you. There are plenty of people out there who have their reasoning behind not accepting gay marriage....and it has nothing to do with religion. The homosexual groups simply use religion as a whipping post, mostly because they know they will gain sympathy by it.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,820,324 times
Quote:
You said that at least once before Mr. Kurtz.
More like 4 times total.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I have never been, nor ever will set foot in a church. My parents are not religious, nor are the bulk of my family or friends. Sure, a few are, but their life is theirs, and mine is mine. They know not to push it at me, and I don't give them grief for giving themselves to their "lord".

I really do think you guys read too much into what the media is telling you. There are plenty of people out there who have their reasoning behind not accepting gay marriage....and it has nothing to do with religion. The homosexual groups simply use religion as a whipping post, mostly because they know they will gain sympathy by it.
I'm not influenced by the media.
I avoid it as much as possible and it "tells" me nothing.
So if it's not religion that has created such a reaction against homosexuality, what is it?
Forget the marriage thing ... what is the strong reaction against homosexual expression? You find it "revolting" ... not just that it's not your preference but revolting.
It would be cool to hear from a man with sufficient self awareness who has or has had these vitriolic feelings toward homosexual expression so that he could shed some light on what that intense reaction is about.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
It's one thing to find homosexual expression unusual, strange or difficult to relate to.
But when someone has an extreme reaction to it and finds it "revolting, i question the root of those feelings.
Men in particular seem to have a really difficult time with male homosexuality.
But isn't it interesting that one of the most (or the most) common fantasies among men is female with female sexual expression.
What's that about?
I'm not gonna lie to you here....the idea of girl on girl appeals to me a whole lot more than guy on guy. I wouldn't be an alpha-male if it didn't.

My feelings towards homosexuality aren't so deeply rooted that they wouldn't change as time goes on. I'll leave that to people that have fallen head-first into a bible at some point in their lives. But at this point in my life, the idea of it is quite off-putting for me.

Ultimately though I'd rather not deprive anyone their happiness, and next time Prop 8 comes around, I might be inclined to look their way.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
When it comes to homosexuals, it usually is. If yours isn't religion-based, you're a rare breed.

I saw some of your posts in the religion forum, so apparently you are of that rare breed.
Huh??

I seriously doubt I've EVER been in the religion forum here. I think you need to re-check that one. If I ever venture in there, I'm liable to come unglued. lol

Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
I'm not gonna lie to you here....the idea of girl on girl appeals to me a whole lot more than guy on guy. I wouldn't be an alpha-male if it didn't.

My feelings towards homosexuality aren't so deeply rooted that they wouldn't change as time goes on. I'll leave that to people that have fallen head-first into a bible at some point in their lives. But at this point in my life, the idea of it is quite off-putting for me.

Ultimately though I'd rather not deprive anyone their happiness, and next time Prop 8 comes around, I might be inclined to look their way.
As a woman i've always been just a bit mystified by the obsession that men have with the "girl on girl" thing.
Although i must admit myself, when i saw "Brokeback Mountain" i was quite .... ummmmm, "intrigued" (i adore(d) Heath Ledger) while at the same time uncomfortable and found it difficult to watch because the sex scenes were so intense and emotionally charged and so frightening for Ledgers character.
Anyway, thanks for your honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California