Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 08:27 PM

459 posts, read 719,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Angel View Post
The past is called "history". You could do well to learn about it.

Let's analyze your gibber-post.

Your side wants to change the definition of marriage to include same-sex, which is never has before.

But you blame fundamentalists, who you say are growing in number, as if it was a rising tide of fundies that threaten the institution, when it is YOU and your ILK that want to change the institution into something different.

So in reality, if is the growing number of liberals that are doing things that are disturbing. Fundies and other conservatives are merely attempting to preserve the institution that has served us so well.

Nobody that I know is saying omosexuals can't live together, to join their lives, but that doesn't mean society is obligated or wise to redefine a long-standing, positive institution such as marriage to accommodate their lifestyle.

You confuse tolerance with insanity.
Excellent statement, friend. I agree exactly with those sentiments.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:27 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,134,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Huh?
Mealy mouthed? moi? oy! > mealymouthed: hesitant to state facts or opinions simply and directly.
Your insight and comprehension skills are minimal at best.
And me? vapid and vacuous? oy again.
But i will agree with just one point ... there is no point in continuing a discussion with you.
peaceout

Nice work...jaijai..!!!!!!. yep this one can not even express a personal thought...

Old 01-27-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
Excellent statement, friend. I agree exactly with those sentiments.
By the way.I am a CONSERVative... look up the meaning... Of the word conserve...

Instead of throwing blame, why not express yourself and tell us why you are opposed to gay union being recognized by law....
So far you just cry "oh those liberals"

What are you a parrot or something...

Spill the beans... Tell us about you.. Your feelings... Why are YOU opposed.. Not the same old crap about what others told you to say or think...

Old 01-27-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
My reasons trifling? hardly.
My responses and a number of other insightful responses to you have been anything but "trifling".

You've already demonstrated in another post on another thread that you don't have a broad perspective and that your concern for out culture (not to mention the planet) is disingenuous.
Either that or you're totally lacking in awareness about how you and the selfish, self-centered, materialistic, greed driven attitude of you and your "ilk" are negatively impacting society and the world at large ... and the planet.
So arguing with you about how gay marriage has a negative effect on society is silly.
And the relevant question is yet to be addressed.
You can't or won't say how exactly gay marriage damages the "institution" and/or the culture and your expressions are repetitive and totally lacking in insight of any depth.
Which "wise and experienced elders over hundreds of generations" are you referring to and what do they have to say and how is it relevant to a time in history that is radically and rapidly changing and in most ways not for the better in large part because people are unable to let go of their attachment to outmoded and outdated social paradigms that cannot be sustained in any viable way for much longer?
And what "proven reality"?
What the h are you talking about?
If you want to engage in a conversation with intelligent and insightful people, then engage and express something of substance and intelligence instead of just repeating the same inane s over and over.

Look around ... the culture and planet are in dire straights and you and people with similar attitude(s) want to preserve the old order because y'all are totally lacking in creative, future forward thinking and are afraid of change. It's all fear based regardless of how it is justified / rationalized.

The shaman seers of the Fourth World generally agree that those who tenaciously cling to the past will fall into mass insanity. - John Hogue-

Change or die out. Cling to the past if you choose. The future is now and will continue to unfold with or without you and you can either get with it or petrify.

Marriage is fine but it's not sacred to most and (as has been stated a number of times on this thread) it's not respected, a relative few take the marriage vows seriously and there's a divorce rate in this country that exceeds 50% and gay marriage has absolutely nothing to do with it or the general degradation of the culture and the destruction of the planet.
We people who believe in marriage and what it stands for do not have control over "those" who treat it with no sanctity. After all, is it our fault that John and Nancy went off to Cancun on honeymoon before ever seeing each others' bad sides? No.
Even if it was, two wrongs don't make a right.
Also most every society ever has decided that marriage, if they have such an idea or institution is practicable for a man and a woman. You come along and want to change something that has been the same since time immemorial?
As someone else said, two heterosexuals of the same gender cannot marry either. It really is just a common sense thing.
If homosexuals want to "go the hospital" after visiting hours or whatever your horrible argument is, then all you fellows need is a law that makes civil unions have more abilities. You don't need to seize upon marriage and corrupt it, you want something marriage-like...and THAT'S what's alright.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:38 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,828,191 times
Quote:
We people who believe in marriage and what it stands for do not have control over "those" who treat it with no sanctity. After all, is it our fault that John and Nancy went off to Cancun on honeymoon before ever seeing each others' bad sides? No.
Even if it was, two wrongs don't make a right.
Also most every society ever has decided that marriage, if they have such an idea or institution is practicable for a man and a woman. You come along and want to change something that has been the same since time immemorial?
As someone else said, two heterosexuals of the same gender cannot marry either. It really is just a common sense thing.
If homosexuals want to "go the hospital" after visiting hours or whatever your horrible argument is, then all you fellows need is a law that makes civil unions have more abilities. You don't need to seize upon marriage and corrupt it, you want something marriage-like...and THAT'S what's alright.
Once again, for the umpteenth time, how do gay and lesbians marrying each other negatively impact the "institution" of marriage?
How?!
Practically how?!!!!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
then all you fellows need is a law that makes civil unions have more abilities. You don't need to seize upon marriage and corrupt it, you want something marriage-like...and THAT'S what's alright.
Sure, make it happen... That satisfies my contention...Legal Civil union... Leave marriage in churches for religion...

Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
By the way.I am a CONSERVative... look up the meaning... Of the word conserve...

Instead of throwing blame, why not express yourself and tell us why you are opposed to gay union being recognized by law....

Spill the beans... Tell us about you.. Your feelings... Why are YOU opposed.. Not the same old crap about what others told you to say or think...
Me? Well, my reasons for being against homosexual marriage stem from something you'd never think of: reasoning.

Sure religion is the super villain, but come on! They may be onto something here! Now, the main reason I dislike homosexual marriage is that the very term suggests:
a) the changing of the definition of one of the oldest institutions on the planet, and a change, I may add, that is unnecessary
b) the changing of the definition means that the government will tell ME what I must accept as a marriage legally, and if not, there'll be consequences. I'm opposed to that, ya know?

Finally, religions (most of them) have the same argument, I'm just standing next to them, not with 'em,see.

Last edited by TheCalifornianWriter; 01-27-2012 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Speling erar lolz

Old 01-27-2012, 08:41 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,828,191 times
Quote:

Even the comment that just came in above yours still does not address the specific question.
It's patting someone on the back for what? For congratulating the "fundies and other conservatives for attempting to preserve the institution that has served us so well."
Yes, the dominant culture has served everyone and the planet so well.

I guess we'll never know how gay and lesbians marrying will negatively impact an individual, the "institution" of marriage and our wonderfully healthy and creative and loving and tolerant and peaceful culture.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
You know what I agree....!!!!!!
Thank you for, if not agreeing, at least SEEING it my way. I must give you credit, friend, I'm not sure others would do that!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Once again, for the umpteenth time, how do gay and lesbians marrying each other negatively impact the "institution" of marriage?
How?!
Practically how?!!!!
They negatively affect me and everyone because they change the whole definition and understanding of the word. It's like taking the word and making it useless! Anyone can get married --> no longer something important--> (long run) no more stable households to raise societies next generation!

I tried....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California