Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 07:45 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,836,438 times

Advertisements

Rush Limbaugh huh? The voice of America. Gag. He's the voice of Satan.
One of the most (if not the most) nasty, mean spirited and ignorant people ever to hit the airwaves.
Wow.
That certainly says a lot.
There is nothing more dangerous than the combination of stupid and mean spirited.
And you certainly are a flamer angel knowing full well that if you bring up that jack a** you're going to get some flack ... just what you want.
Anyway get over it ... the marriage thing.
It's happening, change is a constant and it's not going to hurt you or the country one darn bit.
Tend to your own house and become aware of how you are feeding the beast (and i don't just mean rush) and contributing to the worst aspects of this country.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:50 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,854,602 times
Here's what I love about posters on the forum who use the "ignore list" when they can't make a coherent case for their positions: they continue to jabber, assuming that the person they are ignoring is not continuing to totally destroy their position in dialogue with the remaining readers / participants. Says something about the level of intelligence involved perhaps. Also illuminates the character of the person ignoring debate: one-sided, unwilling to engage opposing opinion, etc.

To say nothing of the fact that the posts they "ignore" still show up in others' quotes. But hey, I call it a pretty clear win when an opposing viewpoint can't make its case so puts head in sand

Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 PM

They don't ignore ... they just want the people who they claim they're ignoring to think that they're ignoring them.
And what's the point of exchanging on an open forum if you don't have the guts to be open to all voices? .
Although, it can be a skillful choice to disengage from entanglements and arguments but if one is really interested in doing that then just do it.
Stating that you're ignoring people is just silly ego one-up-man-ship s***.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:19 PM

nullgeo, you're repeating yourself.
is there a reason that you posted that twice?

Old 01-29-2012, 08:51 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,823,761 times
They're pissy and dramatic because they know it's coming, and there ain't a damn thing they can do about it. Except use the ignore feature.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:21 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,643,913 times
Quote:
The lick-spittles there would constantly harass me on the Rush Limbaugh forum for defending the voice of America that Rush is.
I figure this fellow was a career 1st class petty officer, possibly a CPO, but unlikely. His anger, his sense of victimhood, his lack of critical thinking skills pretty well demonstrate he was never an O let alone an O3.

On one of the tin cans I inhabited, DD708, we had a Weapons Officer of such astounding incompetence that we called him Commander Zero. If indeedy this fellow some how got a commission, I bet dollars to donuts I used to dump ashtrays in his office coffeepot along with the ground coffee, the poor fellow thought my coffee was the best!

Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,589,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
... I bet dollars to donuts I used to dump ashtrays in his office coffeepot along with the ground coffee, the poor fellow thought my coffee was the best!
Like I said: vandals. Great insight into your personality there. It's what you live for.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Yes, those who are opposed should just hit the ignore option on the entire gay marriage thing.
It's not going to go away so they need to do something skillful so as not to drive themselves mad with the thought of ... oh my god ... two men, two women ... married ... next it'll be brother and sister! and parent and child!

The ignorance in this country is scary .. and the cause of so, so much trouble.

What's the point of ignoring those who you don't like or who disagree with you on a thread like this where's there's only a couple people who are freaked by homosexuality and gay marriage?
The two (or 3) of them could just send private messages back and forth to each other repeating over and over how gay marriage is destroying the the "institution" of marriage and the entire country.
Also, it cracks me up when people have to state that they're going to ignore you.
If you're going to ignore, just ignore.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,854,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Like I said: vandals. Great insight into your personality there. It's what you live for.
Yep ... definite parallel:
an 18 year old kid mischievously pranking one individual incompetent dunderhead in a harmless way --
-- compared to fully grown adults of 40 years, give or take say 10 or more years, who deny fellow human beings dignity and equal respect and treatment -- condemning them instead as "sinners" and 'born-broken perverts' comparable to cat-torturers and murders.

Right on the money, as usual, Pilgrim ... (*sarcasm font here for those who missed it*)

Last edited by nullgeo; 01-29-2012 at 11:14 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,823,761 times
Western Pilgrim never did dumb stuff at a teenager... he's a Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California