U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM

4,258 posts, read 2,495,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Bull ... It was always part and parcel of the object of equal rights. Supporters of civil unions never mocked the suggestion.

And look what happened indeed! Give "them" dirty sinners an inch and they will take over the world with their debauched desires. You know, like: living as free and open citizens able to express their love same as the rest of us straight folks. Imagine! What a concept!
Nullgeo, just for clarity's sake, I want to be fair and not assume that you approve of the woman-warehouse "marriage" in the story linked above without checking with you first. So, let me ask you straight out: Is this OK with you? Is this woman really married? Should her marriage be recognized by the state? Honestly, I can't imagine why you would object.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:08 PM

16,585 posts, read 20,677,396 times
"Aivaz and the 10th and Union warehouse entered into a self-described “gay marriage,” surrounded by friends singing of love and united against displacement in their neighborhood by means of new development.... In December, she said, she and 16 Occupy Seattle activists linked arms and occupied the warehouse to fight against gentrification and for community space."

Good thing this wasn't a staged incident designed to garner publicity for and draw attention to their cause.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM

281 posts, read 50,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Yep. Funny how each step of the way the vandals will complain that the rest of us are just being fear-mongers. When the homosexualist lobby was agitating for civil unions, the rest of us warned that it would lead to demands for same-sex "marriage". They mocked the very suggestion. No way that will happen, they said. We're just trying to scare people. Etc.

And here we are!

Yesterday, some lady in Seattle "married" a "female" warehouse.

Tomorrow ... well, just try not to think about it.
Once you establish the legal precedent that marriage is no longer restricted to members of the opposite sex (be they homo or hetero), you have precious little legal basis for deny any and all folllow-on demands.

You have just declared the underlying purpose of the institution (building, legaly endorsing and protecting procreating families), a nullity. Once that is done, the institution is near-meaningless.

I suspect that is also a significant part of the movement for those with no visible dog in the hunt.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Good thing this wasn't a staged incident designed to garner publicity for and draw attention to their cause.
Nice dodge, Fontucky, which leaves me no choice but to assume that you won't answer the question because, if you answered in good faith, you would look ridiculous. Either that, or you haven't thought about this topic enough to have the right to an opinion.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Nice dodge, Fontucky, which leaves me no choice but to assume that you won't answer the question because, if you answered in good faith, you would look ridiculous. Either that, or you haven't thought about this topic enough to have the right to an opinion.
You just got a nice insight into how hollow most of their positions are. Sad, dried-up shells of a worn-old, tired, vapid and vacuous position.

they don't even swallow it ....um, I mean... believe it.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Angel View Post
You just got a nice insight into how hollow most of their positions are. Sad, dried-up shells of a worn-old, tired, vapid and vacuous position.
Some of the commenters here remind me of the ditzy, empty-headed couple who stumbled into this church:

That Mitchell and Webb Look - Evil Vicar - YouTube

Old 01-30-2012, 03:57 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,359,028 times
Quote:

they don't even swallow it ....um, I mean... believe it.
this is sick

Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
this is sick
Care to tackle the woman-warehouse marriage questions, Jaijai? Is Babylonia Aivaz really married? Should her marriage be legally recognized by the state? Why or why not?

Old 01-30-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Care to tackle the woman-warehouse marriage questions, Jaijai? Is Babylonia Aivaz really married? Should her marriage be legally recognized by the state? Why or why not?
You'll have better luck spinning straw into gold, than get a responsive answer from the members of their ilk.

I'll give you the answer if you are interested. Of course not (at least not to a warehouse or other structure)l

Old 01-30-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
You'll have better luck spinning straw into gold, than get a responsive answer from the members of their ilk.
Judging from the sheer volume of their screeching on this subject, one would expect that these vandals have a definite idea of what marriage is.

But they don't. They haven't even thought about this subject beyond a vague notion that "marriage is whatever one wants it to be". For them to oppose the legal recognition of person-warehouse marriages, they would have to acknowledge that marriage is this, but it is not that, which is the kind of thing that exposes them as being dogmatic, and therefore hypocritical, and for vandals the two biggest sins in the world are dogma and hypocrisy, which they will never admit because they claim not to believe in sin.

So they can't oppose it. That would violate too many of their sacred principles. But neither can they approve it publicly, because they would lose what little credibility they have and would be laughed off the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California