Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,823,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Nice dodge, Fontucky, which leaves me no choice but to assume that you won't answer the question because, if you answered in good faith, you would look ridiculous.
Dear, looking ridiculous to your ilk is what I strive for. If people like you ever hold me in esteem, I'll shoot myself.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,589,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Angel View Post
You'll have better luck spinning straw into gold, than get a responsive answer from the members of their ilk.

Cricket Sound - YouTube

Old 01-30-2012, 04:11 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,854,602 times
Here, for you Pilgrim: ... I am working on a boat all day and for the next 10 days or so ... I'll get to your discussion in more detail later IF you want (I suspect not) ... basic answer is, for now: I don't give a damn if she -- or anyone else -- marries a warehouse, a goat, a stone or the moon. I don't care if anybody does. I don't care about marriage as an institution or tradition. I understand the romantic notion -- and it's sweet -- I indulged the first time in marriage as a teenager myself for that reason ... but as it turns out, romantic marriage doesn't last for most folks.

After nursing my first [recovering Catholic] wife through her fatal illness for a very long time, she died in my arms after 30 years of marriage, with "I love you" for her literal last breath. That was romantic -- but really none of that commitment or love or caring or duty requires a piece of paper that says "Marriage License". I finished raising our four children without their mother -- and eventually met another recovering Catholic woman who I have also legally married ... this time expressly to provide the legal benefits. I have learned about love and romance and procreating and all that other stuff. And none of it is strengthed in meaning or fact in any way by an official "Marriage License" complete with secret decoder ring and set of Ginzu kitchen knives.

The only thing marriage does anymore is provide legal benefits ... benefits that I believe any two humans should be able to share simply by virtue of their declaration of desire. -- OR, better yet, just outlaw marriage for everybody and allow any people, in pairs, or three-somes, or whole communities to write contracts allowing each other to be legally entitled to intimate access to one another (intimate as in visitation and property and asset sharing, etc. -- I don't care about any sexual intimacy issues -- none of my business who wants those with whom.)

Can a warehouse participate in a mutual, loving relationship? Not that I am aware of -- but I really don't care ... because anyone with half the brains that "God" gave a gnat would recognize that the marriage you cite is -- as Fontucky has pointed out -- a publicity stunt for a cause.

That you take it as a serious affront and challenge to the future of mankind simply demonstrates to me how remarkably silly you are.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:33 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,835,918 times
Quote:
Care to tackle the woman-warehouse marriage questions, Jaijai? Is Babylonia Aivaz really married? Should her marriage be legally recognized by the state? Why or why not?
Who gives a flying f? Certainly not i.
It's all nonsense.
Direct your intention and energy toward kindness, tolerance, love, peace, helpfulness and acceptance or waste it.
It's your energy.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:38 PM

281 posts, read 254,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Who gives a flying f? Certainly not i.
It's all nonsense.
Direct your intention and energy toward kindness, tolerance, love, peace, helpfulness and acceptance or waste it.
It's your energy.
Like the kind you show??? That's a hoot.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
this is sick
Well, if you are, you are, and who am I to say you aren't, if you say you are, and I have no doubt that you are, so we are in agreement that you are. Your over-reach is showing AND revealing.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Like the kind you show??? That's a hoot.
Yes .... and i do my best and i'm not perfect and though i occasionally get mired in the b.s. (here and in my earthly life) and my lesser nature may rear it's ugly head now and then, know that out of close to 1400 posts the vast majority of them are attempts to be helpful and / or express my care.
That's what i groove on.
The greatest challenge that i have is staying true to myself and to my loving heart (we've all got one) when i encounter people who are closed heart-ed and mean spirited and egoistically driven / motivated ... like you.
It's then that i am likely to fall prey to my aforementioned lesser nature but i'm working on it ... on the forum and in "real life".
So (and just a little bit of my tongue is in my cheek now) as a good Buddhist would do, i bow to you oh perceived enemy and "angel" of darkness and say "thank you".
And to finish:
Despite what you think (don't believe everything you think by the way) you don't know who you are "speaking" to.

Last edited by jaijai; 01-30-2012 at 05:15 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,589,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Can a warehouse participate in a mutual, loving relationship? Not that I am aware of -- but I really don't care ... because anyone with half the brains that "God" gave a gnat would recognize that the marriage you cite is -- as Fontucky has pointed out -- a publicity stunt for a cause.

That you take it as a serious affront and challenge to the future of mankind simply demonstrates to me how remarkably silly you are.
Wait ... are you saying that marriage is objectively defined as a "mutual loving relationship"? And that relationships which are not "mutual" or "loving" cannot be true marriages? Hey, that's progress! Some dogma from Nullgeo!

Just curious, though. Surely you are aware that polygamous and polyandrous relationships can be "mutual" and "loving". Not to mention incestuous relationships, and adult-child relationships, and so forth. So, I presume that you have no problem with these kinds of "relationships" being legally recognized as marriage by the state. Am I correct?

As you said above: "I don't give a damn if she -- or anyone else -- marries a warehouse, a goat, a stone or the moon. I don't care if anybody does. I don't care about marriage as an institution or tradition."

I want to be clear about what you're saying here. When the North American Man-Boy Love Association proposes that mutual, loving, man-boy relationships ought to be recognized as marriages by the state, you're going to come out swinging for them, just like you do for adult homosexuals, condemning all who oppose the idea as bigoted, intolerant, religious fanatics. Thanks for clearing that up.

This makes you a moral monster who is probably even more dangerous than homosexuals who just want to marry each other. They, after all, have at least some idea that marriage is a transcendent reality worth participating in, even if they are a bit confused about what it means exactly.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Well, if you are, you are, and who am I to say you aren't, if you say you are, and I have no doubt that you are, so we are in agreement that you are. Your over-reach is showing AND revealing.
This is class, a projection .... a truly classic example of one.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Wait ... are you saying that marriage is objectively defined as a "mutual loving relationship"? And that relationships which are not "mutual" or "loving" cannot be true marriages? Hey, that's progress! Some dogma from Nullgeo!

Just curious, though. Surely you are aware that polygamous and polyandrous relationships can be "mutual" and "loving". Not to mention incestuous relationships, and adult-child relationships, and so forth. So, I presume that you have no problem with these kinds of "relationships" being legally recognized as marriage by the state. Am I correct?

As you said above: "I don't give a damn if she -- or anyone else -- marries a warehouse, a goat, a stone or the moon. I don't care if anybody does. I don't care about marriage as an institution or tradition."

I want to be clear about what you're saying here. When the North American Man-Boy Love Association proposes that mutual, loving, man-boy relationships ought to be recognized as marriages by the state, you're going to come out swinging for them, just like you do for adult homosexuals, condemning all who oppose the idea as bigoted, intolerant, religious fanatics. Thanks for clearing that up.

This makes you a moral monster who is probably even more dangerous than homosexuals who just want to marry each other. They, after all, have at least some idea that marriage is a transcendent reality worth participating in, even if they are a bit confused about what it means exactly.
The Null actually thinks you didn't know that it is not serious. They are gullible in the extreme. Laughable as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California