Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,642,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
isn't that a she?
Makes sense to me.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 PM

281 posts, read 254,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Makes sense to me.
Perhaps if you weren't high all the time and so lite in the loafers, you would '"see" more clearly.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,835,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Angel View Post
Perhaps if you weren't high all the time and so lite in the loafers, you would '"see" more clearly.

i don't know highnlite personally but i'm 99.9 % sure that he's neither "light in the loafers" or "high all the time".
you kinda got a one track mind there.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:47 PM

459 posts, read 720,989 times
You folks are beginning to drive me batty!

Making fun of Flame Angel's name is a little, low, can we agree?

By the way:
Gee, thanks for the 127-part response to my post, pal. It never hurts to carefully pull out certain sentences in a paragraph to destroy it!
Also, the last I checked, I was allowed to be dramatic--or, is that for gays only now?

Old 01-31-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Makes sense to me.
Don't do this, high. Don't go down the road of making fun of your opponents, even if you DO think you're somehow better than them.

By the way, very suiting name, that.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post

Just flat out false. Don't you think before you write these things? I am absolutely 100% positive you know of all the many churches / "religious groups" that support gays and gay marriages.

No.
And no, I don't think the conversation will take a turn for the better.
I think without me and some others here, the conversation would run on at great length in full bigot mode.
Your attack on my example suggests that you have no respect for me, which would be bad, because then we'd be arguing...I shan't even grace the remark in this reply.
Also, name a major religious group that accepts homosexuality. Christianity, Islam, Judaism...
Buddhism has no real stance on the matter, I believe. I suppose everyone just "meditates", since, you know, that solves problems...
I suppose some denominations of Christianity, and maybe some segment of Judaism may tolerate homosexuality, and maybe even accept it, but that has no bearing when I speak of major religions. To me, the whole religion must accept it, not facets of one.
And here we go again with the bigot nonsense. Why am I a bigot to you? You think I can be labeled by a stranger? I am allowed to have, voice and even act upon my opinion, just as you are.
I won't stand for it, friend.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,530,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Angel View Post
It is common in our legal system, that if you want a deviation or a variation from existing standard, the burdenm is on you to justify and show/demonstrate the propriety of your requested variance. The burden is NOT on society to show that the existing standard is proper.

In this case YOU want a deviation from an existing standard. Ergo it is up to YOU to "proof" it
Fortunately you are as wrong about this as you were trying to equate marrying a warehouse with gay marriage.

BTW did you ever read the definition of a "contract"?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM

Poor kids, anyone with a name like Flame Angel is either a girl or fond of San Francisco just saying.

As for my name and distorting it, shows that ya'll are city slickers.

Quote:

Sugar Bowl to Squaw Valley 2 Day

This famous North Tahoe tour provides the opportunity to learn and practice our unique High and Light ski camping system. The one that enables us to start our six-day spring tours with under thirty-pound packs. We begin this great route with a lift-ride to the summit of Mt. Lincoln at Sugar Bowl. It's truly a classic tour and a chance to refine a myriad of state-of-the-art skills en route. We strongly recommend this experience to anyone aspiring to join us on our spectacular spring ski adventures.

Previous touring experience with climbing skins is required, such as the skills covered in our Intro to Backcountry Skiing course.
ASI - Sugar Bowl to Squaw Valley

One of my many hobbies.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
Fortunately you are as wrong about this as you were trying to equate marrying a warehouse with gay marriage.

BTW did you ever read the definition of a "contract"?
Other than bad grammar, he made his point very well, Dynamo. Has it occurred to you that when you want to change something, you must give reason?

Then again, (in the nicest way possible) I daresay nothing may occur to you.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
you must give reason?
Speaking of bad grammar..... Just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California