Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 08:25 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,642,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
It is found in various reefs of Oceania, most common in Marshall, Line, and Cook Islands. The fish is also, although less commonly, found in the Hawaiian islands.

Flame angelfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I do know of the flame angelfish, but not the flame angel. Seems to me that if one is going to use the name of an animal one would use the correct name.

Note angelfish is one word. deleting half the word does not work. Up in the arctic are Carib, or Rein. See the problem, sloppy linguistics.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,823,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
It is really only the Catholic church -- a dying religion by all measures
Oh thank you Jesus!

Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,642,757 times
I think I read where the Catholic Church is only growing in Africa, shrinking every place else.

Quote:
If I may, you seem to be making a point most petite! Bon Jour
Les mots ont des significations, c'est pourquoi ils sont des mots.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,854,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I think I read where the Catholic Church is only growing in Africa, shrinking every place else.
Correct. And shrinking everywhere faster than growing in Africa -- so net result, in any case, is Catholicism is a dying religion ... unless they somehow come into sync with cultural change, they'll just be gone ... can't find nearly enough priests and nuns ... can't keep parishes open.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,589,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Correct. And shrinking everywhere faster than growing in Africa -- so net result, in any case, is Catholicism is a dying religion ... unless they somehow come into sync with cultural change, they'll just be gone ... can't find nearly enough priests and nuns ... can't keep parishes open.
Just in case there are any readers left who take you seriously, or who are unaware of your penchant for making up "facts", here are the facts on the growth of the Catholic Church:

"Over these nine years, the Catholic presence in the world has grown from 1.045 billion in 2000 to 1.166 billion in 2008, an increase of 11.54%. Considering the statistics in detail, numbers in Africa grew by 33%, in Europe they remained generally stable (an increase of 1.17%), while in Asia they increased by 15.61%, in Oceania by 11.39% and in America by 10.93%. As a percentage of the total population, European Catholics represented 26.8% in 2000 and 24.31% in 2008. In America and Oceania they have remained stable, and increased slightly in Asia."

Some Catholic countries are experiencing decline, particularly in Europe, but overall the Church is growing at a level that slightly outpaces world population growth.

I don't have the time to debunk your absurd claim about American Indian tribes and homosexuality, but one can be certain that any "documentation" you trot out is ideologically-driven revisionist bunk.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,835,918 times
I trust your source and those statistics about as much as i trust the pope.
I'm fairly certain than someone more capable than i (probably nullgeo) will provide some objective, non-biased and non-ideologically driven stats to counter yours.
(I'm soooooooo tempted to post Sinnead O'Connors snl performance but i'll refrain.)

Old 02-01-2012, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 10,478 times
It seems to me that Gays are always on the defensive if you do not approve and embrace their chosen lifestyle. If you want to exercise your right to disapprove of that lifestyle then you are labeled homophobic. Don't spout your hate filled comments on people who very likely love you as you are, but just do not want you pushing your views on them. Hating one another is not a way to live.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:15 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,823,761 times
ZENIT is a news agency specializing in coverage of the Holy Father, life in the Holy See, and events of interest to the Church.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:16 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,835,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1937 View Post
It seems to me that Gays are always on the defensive if you do not approve and embrace their chosen lifestyle. If you want to exercise your right to disapprove of that lifestyle then you are labeled homophobic. Don't spout your hate filled comments on people who very likely love you as you are, but just do not want you pushing your views on them. Hating one another is not a way to live.
Generally speaking it's those who are opposed to gay marriage that tend to be bigoted, hateful and intolerant.
Regarding the issue of gay marriage, i think that it's safe to say that homosexuals do not want their "lifestyle" (duh) approved of and embraced but just want to have the right to marry each other.
If you read this entire thread most of (if not all of) the hateful comments and mean spirited energy has been expressed by those who are opposed to gay marriage. That my perception anyway.
Arguing and intellectually sparring do not necessarily = hate.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,589,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I'm fairly certain than someone more capable than i (probably nullgeo) will provide some objective, non-biased and non-ideologically driven stats to counter yours.
Don't hold your breath, hon. The supremely objective, non-biased, and non-ideological Nullgeo will dodge these uncomfortable facts like he has dodged all the others.

I fully expect that the Church will decline in numbers at some point. That wouldn't be a bad thing from my perspective. When that happens Nullgeo can amuse us all with a little berdache victory dance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California