Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:30 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,134,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yeah I'm thinking your not up on the whole K for Kalifornia usage.

Its a form of Cyrillic transliteration. Common with us gun owning types. Its an underhanded jab at the oppressive overly regulated police state that is Kommiefornia.

I should add that many posters who use it don't understand the meaning behind the spelling change. Many just think its the kool thing to do.
Thanks.. You educated me.. I sorta figured it was a "Jefferson" thing but was having a little fun....

I am here to learn the personalities issues of the region, and I am not a resident yet, but just want to see where I fit in... I feel I am lucky because here on CD their are a few other "odd ducks" such as myself.....

I am a quite proficient with firearms , yet I do not find myself at home with what I understand of the mindset of the "Jeffersonian" nor do I find myself at home with the classic liberal California city slicker mindset... I am sure both "sides" would be against my mixed belief/values structure

again thank you for the clarification. Keep it coming..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 06:32 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,938,650 times
Well, (Looks around positively) at least we have GREAT weather!!!!

I have lived in many states,,,Kexas, Killonois and Kindiana but Kalifornia is the nicest!!! Fer Sure!!!

Last edited by Dean Trails; 01-25-2012 at 06:42 PM..

Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM

258 posts, read 612,402 times
Most residents of Kalifornia posting in this thread ... They are all trying to convince themselves they are doing the right thing by staying put. And in many ways, moving could break the average American family or break a single person, hence the economy in the sh*tter. However, the smart folks who think outside the box should be evaluating the current state of U.S. affairs now, and smart ones are making a long term plan to reside in a place with an easier way of life, less expensive, less traffic, cleaner air and better all around higher quality living ... for your health's sake. My Grandpa used to say ' ...You could lead a Horse to water ... but you cannot make him drink it ... ' Throughout most of the 20th century, Kalifornians have always thought they were better than everyone else ... and now it's changing, for the worse, and many simply cannot handle that.

Welcome to a new reality Kalifornia ....

Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,624,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Thanks.. You educated me.. I sorta figured it was a "Jefferson" thing but was having a little fun....

I am here to learn the personalities issues of the region, and I am not a resident yet, but just want to see where I fit in... I feel I am lucky because here on CD their are a few other "odd ducks" such as myself.....

I am a quite proficient with firearms , yet I do not find myself at home with what I understand of the mindset of the "Jeffersonian" nor do I find myself at home with the classic liberal California city slicker mindset... I am sure both "sides" would be against my mixed belief/values structure

again thank you for the clarification. Keep it coming..
Gun nuts crack me up. Gun nuts are like NASCAR nuts. Going bonkers over a handy piece of machinery.

True Timbers, just remember this, no matter what people say about a leftward bent in California, there are probably more true died in the wool rednecks in CA than in any other state, simply due to population statistics.

I was at a meeting last week with about a hundred people from all over the state, mostly ranchers and farmers, every other sentence it seemed was a bash at Obama or liberals. Extrapolated out, it is pretty easy to see that it ain't all a bunch of liberals (like folks around here think I am).

It does seem that if you are not driven by ideology, that if you look at problems rationally and logically, then by gum, you gotta be a liberal...

A minor re write
Quote:
.You could lead a Horse to water ... but you cannot make him drink it ...
You can lead a rightwinger to knowledge, but you can't make him think.

Quote:
Some of us come from money ... The rest of us work for a living.
Let me see if I get this straight, anyone who is happy in California came from money? To funny, I spent much of the past 40 years fighting wildfires in the outback of Nevada, that got me a meagre Nevada pension, which lets me live on the Koast of Kalifornia and sit in the sunshine, works for me.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:06 PM

258 posts, read 612,402 times
I am not political. I am independent. Voted once in my life, for Ross Perot - 1993.

About Being Liberal on The Left Coast: It's common knowledge that Jews & Gays and all of So. Cal's TV & Film Media Empire is liberal in extreme zealot ways ... and they control if not all Kalifornia, and the world, thru media / TV & Film.

Wake Up Kalifornia

Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,348,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
I do not find myself at home with what I understand of the mindset of the "Jeffersonian" nor do I find myself at home with the classic liberal California city slicker mindset... I am sure both "sides" would be against my mixed belief/values structure
Fifth generation Californian here, and none of my friends and family would care one way or the other what you believe! As long as you're peaceful, and don't make our lives harder, it's live and let live here!

There are of course extremists - but they are not the majority!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,384,229 times
California is just too big a state population-wise, so it's not a surprise it's got a lot of problems . How many other states are this big?

Oh that's right, ZERO! (Texas is a rather distant second IIRC, and they have plenty of problems of their own.)

Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,531,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
Most residents of Kalifornia posting in this thread ... They are all trying to convince themselves they are doing the right thing by staying put. And in many ways, moving could break the average American family or break a single person, hence the economy in the sh*tter. However, the smart folks who think outside the box should be evaluating the current state of U.S. affairs now, and smart ones are making a long term plan to reside in a place with an easier way of life, less expensive, less traffic, cleaner air and better all around higher quality living ... for your health's sake. My Grandpa used to say ' ...You could lead a Horse to water ... but you cannot make him drink it ... ' Throughout most of the 20th century, Kalifornians have always thought they were better than everyone else ... and now it's changing, for the worse, and many simply cannot handle that.

Welcome to a new reality Kalifornia ....
I'm just dumbfounded by your posts. You say this as if your move to Florida was to escape all those faults you claim California has. Yet its unemployment rate is one of the worst if the nations (only marginally better than ours). The foreclosure rate in many Florida cities would rival the Central Valley towns here, its had explosive growth for decades and is as densely populated (20 million in a state not much bigger than SoCal and most people on a narrow coastal strips - just like here). Plus "for your health's sake" Florida has a worse health metric in almost every way than California (especially obesity). The violent crime rate is much higher than California in spite of the incarceration rate being higher. One could argue your choice of where to move after leaving California wasn't "smart".

I know one can cherry pick statistics and what I'm trying to point out is that no place is perfect. Florida is an amazing, interesting state with lots of recreational opportunities. So is California. As I said in my previous post every place has its pluses and minuses and you have to weigh whats important to you. You've found a place you really enjoy and that's great. It doesn't make those of us who live here (and love it) idiots. Different strokes and all.

Oh, forgot to mention Florida's 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity in the summer and flying roaches you could saddle up and ride.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,624,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
I am not political. I am independent. Voted once in my life, for Ross Perot - 1993.

About Being Liberal on The Left Coast: It's common knowledge that Jews & Gays and all of So. Cal's TV & Film Media Empire is liberal in extreme zealot ways ... and they control if not all Kalifornia, and the world, thru media / TV & Film.

Wake Up Kalifornia

Jews eh?
gays eh?
liberal in extreme zealot ways eh?

I bet you are a barrel of laughs at Bar Mitzvahs

Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,531,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Jews eh?
gays eh?
liberal in extreme zealot ways eh?

I bet you are a barrel of laughs at Bar Mitzvahs
Yeah, I just saw that post. When someone makes baseless, ridiculous claims like that as fact it confirms the questionable status of the poster. Time to bow out and not give his posts any credence by responding to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California