Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:57 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,624,497 times

Advertisements

I agree, even us rednecks are offended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 07:57 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,134,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Fifth generation Californian here, and none of my friends and family would care one way or the other what you believe! As long as you're peaceful, and don't make our lives harder, it's live and let live here!

There are of course extremists - but they are not the majority!
Thanks.. Good to hear...I am not a confrontational person... Just want to go about my business as I see fit... Respectful of others privacy and views kind of person...

Old 01-25-2012, 08:02 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,134,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Gun nuts crack me up. Gun nuts are like NASCAR nuts. Going bonkers over a handy piece of machinery.

True Timbers, just remember this, no matter what people say about a leftward bent in California, there are probably more true died in the wool rednecks in CA than in any other state, simply due to population statistics.

I was at a meeting last week with about a hundred people from all over the state, mostly ranchers and farmers, every other sentence it seemed was a bash at Obama or liberals. Extrapolated out, it is pretty easy to see that it ain't all a bunch of liberals (like folks around here think I am).

It does seem that if you are not driven by ideology, that if you look at problems rationally and logically, then by gum, you gotta be a liberal...

A minor re write
You can lead a rightwinger to knowledge, but you can't make him think.

Let me see if I get this straight, anyone who is happy in California came from money? To funny, I spent much of the past 40 years fighting wildfires in the outback of Nevada, that got me a meagre Nevada pension, which lets me live on the Koast of Kalifornia and sit in the sunshine, works for me.
Yep... Sometimes the loudest voices are just wanna bees...

Old 01-25-2012, 08:07 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,402,808 times
You know, I've started looking for jobs in Dallas since I have yet to get even an interview in California. Then today someone in Alabama posted this on Facebook and I realized I never want to live anywhere south of Oklahoma and east of Austin again. You disgruntled Californians can have the South if you hate California so much. I'm sure the low taxes will make up for the wet climate, the lack of outdoors activities, the religious fundamentalism, and the misogyny.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394101_10101545550356570_7901546_75335961_71969662 1_n.jpg (broken link)

Hint: The disturbing one is "WIVES - FEARLESS!"

Old 01-25-2012, 08:11 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,502,192 times
Funny because your always on the FL boards bashing FL.

No stress in FL? The hit and run capital of the country. The land of the uninsured reckless drivers where on a daily basis people are getting hit and killed by drivers who don't stop.

Just in the past week in FL a 14yr old girl was hit and killed by a school bus driver, it was the driver's fault.

A 16yr old boy was hit and killed and the driver fled the scene.

And that was just in the Tampa area, it gets worse the further south into FL you go.

A woman is on trial now for driving reckless and losing control of her car and hitting 4 kids playing in THEIR yard. She killed a 5 yr old triplet.

Yeah, it's a real relaxing state, if you stay in your house.

And even then about once a month a drunk driver or an old person crashes into a house.

It's also the Pill Mill state....very relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
Don't worry Mr. Hillbilly .... I have zero desire to live in a state filled with ' living high on the hog people ' and ' what you drive is what you are '. If I had stayed in L.A. I'd still be a slave to money ... Now, I live on the Beach in FLORIDA .... Traveling to exotic locales, new hobbies, new firends, way less stress ... all year round warm climate. I'm typing this looking out over the Atlantic Ocean ... Clear blue & green water, white sand ... Tonight I'll go walking, in shorts and t-shirt on the soft white sand - no crowds.

Schwarzenegger ran your state down the sh*tter ....

I feel sorry for anyone residing in Kalifornia, today.

Peace

Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,542,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
These are not the 1980s - CA is not your destination
California is my destination.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,502,192 times
Oh another thing about Flori-duh. They don't do any state inspections of cars. That's right.

The woman I just mentioned who hit and killed the little girl was driving a 1995 SUV with bald tires and bad brakes.

She used a bungee cord to keep the door closed.

Try doing that in CA.

CA has its problems, but it is much better than FL in so many ways.

Besides having better weather, at least CA tries to keep the unisured, unlicensed, and those driving unsafe vehichles off the road.

Anything goes in FL. Which is why it Orlando, Tampa, Miami, and then Jacksonville are the top 4 cities in the nation for hit and runs.

Yeah...it's stress free....LOL!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:23 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,746,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
You know, I've started looking for jobs in Dallas since I have yet to get even an interview in California. Then today someone in Alabama posted this on Facebook and I realized I never want to live anywhere south of Oklahoma and east of Austin again. You disgruntled Californians can have the South if you hate California so much. I'm sure the low taxes will make up for the wet climate, the lack of outdoors activities, the religious fundamentalism, and the misogyny.

Hint: The disturbing one is "WIVES - FEARLESS!"
I have absolutely no problem with that poster. In fact, I rather agree with it, including "WIVES - FEARLESS."

I'll give you the wet climate.

I'll give you the lack of outdoors activities unless you are into fishing or hunting, which I am not.

Religious fundamentalism? No worse in intensity--in fact, even less so --and even less closed-minded than some of the extreme "progressive" minds in areas like Hawaii, West Hollywood, Berkeley, Madison, Boston, and the Upper West Side.

Misogyny? In the South? I'm a Southern native and I honest-to-God don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

The high taxes of California don't bother me, but I also don't gross $2.4 million per year, either. The only time I would ever brag about low taxes would be if I truly lived in a state like Wyoming, South Dakota, or Alaska. Even Texas has high property taxes.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,746,753 times
Default One more thing about Flori-duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Oh another thing about Flori-duh.

Yeah...it's stress free....LOL!
For you, seain dublin:

Here's Adam Carolla, a native Californian's, take on Florida:

Adam Carolla Florida Rant (Love Line) - YouTube

Also, watch the YouTube video on celebs moving to FL, also from Carolla. Very offensive language for some on C-D, but it's funny!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,402,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I have absolutely no problem with that poster. In fact, I rather agree with it, including "WIVES - FEARLESS."

I'll give you the wet climate.

I'll give you the lack of outdoors activities unless you are into fishing or hunting, which I am not.

Religious fundamentalism? No worse in intensity--in fact, even less so --and even less closed-minded than some of the extreme "progressive" minds in areas like Hawaii, West Hollywood, Berkeley, Madison, Boston, and the Upper West Side.

Misogyny? In the South? I'm a Southern native and I honest-to-God don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

The high taxes of California don't bother me, but I also don't gross $2.4 million per year, either. The only time I would ever brag about low taxes would be if I truly lived in a state like Wyoming, South Dakota, or Alaska. Even Texas has high property taxes.
I think you may have missed the point of the picture. Wives being fearless is considered a bad thing by them. Hence misogyny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California