Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:14 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,953,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Back to the topic of this thread ... another thing about Chico: I'm always impressed with the number of clean-cut, well-mannered, good-natured, non-tattooed young people in this city when you get outside of the downtown freak show. A trip to Safeway or Jiffy Lube is always a pleasure.
You really are just trying to stir **** and get a response. Sad.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,624,497 times
Quote:
Jiffy Lube is always a pleasure
They are legal in Nevada.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:37 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,262,449 times
Quote:
Back to the topic of this thread ... another thing about Chico: I'm always impressed with the number of clean-cut, well-mannered, good-natured, non-tattooed young people in this city when you get outside of the downtown freak show. A trip to Safeway or Jiffy Lube is always a pleasure.
Most of the young people in Chico are from other regions of California. As far as clean-cut, they look exactly like the young people in Sacramento. Most of them are average. A few of them have tattoos and piercings.

If you think differently it is likely you need to spend some time in other California and American cities.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,580,494 times
Another great thing about Chico: Mom's Restaurant on 2nd and Salem. Awesome menu with incredible domestic ambiance. Decor celebrates family and motherhood without being overly feminized. A man feels at home in this place. I recommend their asparagus crepes!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
Most of the young people in Chico are from other regions of California. As far as clean-cut, they look exactly like the young people in Sacramento. Most of them are average. A few of them have tattoos and piercings.

If you think differently it is likely you need to spend some time in other California and American cities.
No. I've lived in both cities and the young people in Chico, overall, are much more clean-cut and well-mannered. (Of course I refer to the townies here.) That's not to say that Sacramento doesn't have some fine young people - it does and I'm honored to know many of them - but as a percentage of the general population, Chico wins hands down.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,461,004 times
Quote:
No. I've lived in both cities and the young people in Chico, overall, are much more clean-cut and well-mannered. (Of course I refer to the townies here.) That's not to say that Sacramento doesn't have some fine young people - it does and I'm honored to know many of them - but as a percentage of the general population, Chico wins hands down.
The people in Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln and Folsom are just as "clean-cut" if not more so. May not be Sacramento, but they're suburbs in its metro area.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
The people in Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln and Folsom are just as "clean-cut" if not more so. May not be Sacramento, but they're suburbs in its metro area.
That's true, Beau. Point taken.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:36 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,461,004 times
I remember recently going to the Fry's Electronics in Roseville (my nephew works there) and noticing the attractive, well dressed "All-American" looking young folks there. It was funny to walk by them and they would be speaking Ukrainian to each other.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:01 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
I remember recently going to the Fry's Electronics in Roseville (my nephew works there) and noticing the attractive, well dressed "All-American" looking young folks there. It was funny to walk by them and they would be speaking Ukrainian to each other.
lmao!

Old 08-19-2012, 03:29 PM

986 posts, read 2,494,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Something happened to conservatives, somewhere along the line they stopped conserving, they, as Theodore Roosevelt understood are the primary proponents of the rape and pillage of the land.

He created millions upon millions of acres of National Forest to save the timber and the watersheds from the Conservatives.

Heck, Thomas Jefferson et al created a republic here to preserve America from the Conservatives.
A better word for today's conservatives would be consumptives or consumatives. Their prime directive is taking as much stuff for themselves as possible, while ignoring the side effects it has on natural balance, which allows the economy to exist as we know it (global warming denial is an example of their indifference).

They live in an limitless-frontiers fantasy world where taxation is the only thing holding back "progress." Nobody can convince them that nature is being ravaged by Man because they think "God" has a hidden plan to cope with scarcity. They acknowledge overpopulation and resource depletion mainly in the context of immigration, never their own greedy actions.

You know this is true because conservative groups that do respect nature have to differentiate themselves from the default ideology. A good example is conservamerica.org (formerly repamerica.org), even though they spin Ronald Reagan's environmental legacy as positive just because he set aside certain lands.

Last edited by ca_north; 08-19-2012 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California