Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:07 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,207,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
You need to understand simple math and percentages. Things lost in California's dismal edcucation system.

Because of California's immense size it ranks high in lots of things. New job formation may look good based on gross numbers instead of more accurate percentages. By using that twisted logic Califonia also ranks high in people committed to asylums. Hope there is space for a few more libs.
But at the end of the day numbers are numbers..

Remember, it could of been worse..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 11:40 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
You need to understand simple math and percentages. Things lost in California's dismal edcucation system.

Because of California's immense size it ranks high in lots of things. New job formation may look good based on gross numbers instead of more accurate percentages. By using that twisted logic Califonia also ranks high in people committed to asylums. Hope there is space for a few more libs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Don't bother. He doesn't understand math or analogies. He thinks someone earning 0.10% APR in a savings account is coming out ahead because the balance is growing.
As a successfully retired businessman with multiple degrees and a very substantial net worth, who still owns and manages investment properties, and who owned and ran retail, trade, and service businesses employing up to a dozen or so employees at a time -- I know a very great deal about math and percentages.

Here is what else I know:
Some people on this forum post good news.
Others rush to condemn positive news as stupid, while focusing on negatives.
Those negative types are the kinds of people I never employed.
For them, life was never working out well, and they spread discontent.

I also know that the number of people in asylums bears zero relationship to employment statistics.
Total non sequitur.
And a really silly one.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,134,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
As a successfully retired businessman with multiple degrees and a very substantial net worth, who still owns and manages investment properties, and who owned and ran retail, trade, and service businesses employing up to a dozen or so employees at a time -- I know a very great deal about math and percentages.

I also know that the number of people in asylums bears zero relationship to employment statistics.
Total non sequitur.
And a really silly one.
Boy ain't that the truth... That negativity and "bad attitude" spreads like a cancer, eventually effecting all who come in contact with them... I had the same policy, also would get rid of negative ones quick too...

You know the really sad part is here on the California forum... I am quite positive the "negativity" is 75% political... I see it around the country.. California is the whipping post of the right.... All wrong with the world is California's doing... They need to play up failure, and play down success, for whatever reason.. It is a concerted effort of some type, the airwaves they listen to must have told them to think this way or something..

Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,498,772 times
CA's employment gains should be cheered, not mocked. Those who object to the gains because on a percentage basis, these gains lag the nation, can have the tables turned on them.

In a very small state.....or say a small town with only 50 people - 10 of whom are unemployed - that's a 20% unemployment rate. If 5 of those jobless souls found jobs, that drops the town's unemployment rate to 10%. Sure the percentages look good, but we're still only talking about 5 people here. The spending from those 5 people will hardly make a dent in raising the nation's GDP.

Meanwhile, the addition of 300,000 jobs to CA over the past year should reverberate throughout the nation via a multiplier effect in the form of increased household spending which should boost the national GDP in a significant fashion.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:42 AM

457 posts, read 753,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post

Total non sequitur.
And a really silly one.
All of this is quite silly. Some people have devoted their entire life (judging by the sheer volume of their posts) on posting and spreading negativity about a state of 40 million people. In real world they are referred to as losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California