Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:30 PM

578 posts, read 1,291,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
We are back in Wenatchee and enjoying the 100/100 internet service for $30/month!!!!
I skimmed over the posts and thought we had someone from Redmond in here. Wenatchee's really out there -- what else is there to do besides stream movies, download music and read e-books?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 07:57 AM

50,116 posts, read 46,724,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felinius View Post
I skimmed over the posts and thought we had someone from Redmond in here. Wenatchee's really out there -- what else is there to do besides stream movies, download music and read e-books?
Check rain gauges?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 AM
509 509 started this thread

6,323 posts, read 6,981,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felinius View Post
Here is my current internet connection speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1886296359.png

Here is the link to the new internet plans in central Washington. It does appear to the ISP's are taking their sweet time updating their web pages. Sorry for that.

Bundles - LocalTel

IF you need to ask if there is more than streaming movies, downloading music or e-books well you just don't get it.

Why are people in California so resistent to the future?? Did everyone that moved in after I left i976 a LUDDITE?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM

50,116 posts, read 46,724,808 times
Quote:
Here is my current internet connection speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1886296359.png

Here is the link to the new internet plans in central Washington. It does appear to the ISP's are taking their sweet time updating their web pages. Sorry for that.

Bundles - LocalTel

IF you need to ask if there is more than streaming movies, downloading music or e-books well you just don't get it.

Why are people in California so resistent to the future?? Did everyone that moved in after I left i976 a LUDDITE?
Nope, we are just not cheap. I've got internet as fast as you. NEENER

Old 04-10-2012, 07:04 PM

578 posts, read 1,291,247 times
Quote:

I don't get what? That there's not much to do in Wenatchee?

People normally don't need 100Mbps. Even for us, who would enjoy more speed so both of us can stream our video games, 100mbps is a bit much. 50Mbps would be fine enough to stream at high quality. I'm unsure what the non-gamer would need that much speed for.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:19 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,359,312 times
You know, it cracks me up that someone who posts a link to an image, instead of just posting the image of his speed test in the thread - like everyone else has - would them insult us all, because we don't care that his Internet speed is four times faster than ours.

FIOS is plenty fast for what I need to do. I've been on faster lines at job sites, but the difference is minimal.

Sure, when faster Internet comes our way, we'll probably all be happy. But going millions of dollars into debt now, to get it sooner? No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California