Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:15 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,537,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
Maybe if we become apathetic, they will stop trying to creep in and take stuff away?

Sound logic!
And maybe if we learn to filter out patently silly and ideologically driven political theater, we won't be so distracted when Congress and the President do things like authorizing the indefinite detention of American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 12:32 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,853,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osimeon00 View Post
Prime example of the reason why I do not reside in Los Angeles. Too many liberals in power who enforce ridiculous rules on the population. The saddest part is the population. Who know full well who is mandating these insane rules but continously vote them back in office year after year. Learning nothing. No sympathies here.
Oh? Forgot to read the whole thread, huh?!
But, of course, you just had to take the opportunity to bash at 'liberals'? (because conservatives never lobby for and enact stupid laws, right *searching for sarcasm font*)

Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Oh? Forgot to read the whole thread, huh?!
But, of course, you just had to take the opportunity to bash at 'liberals'? (because conservatives never lobby for and enact stupid laws, right *searching for sarcasm font*)

Reading is for liberals and ***s.

You think he realizes Orange County has a curfew on its beaches? Or Huntington Beach passed an ordinance banning beer pong in its bars?

Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Reading is for liberals and ***s.

You think he realizes Orange County has a curfew on its beaches? Or Huntington Beach passed an ordinance banning beer pong in its bars?
WHAT?!? Oh the staggering assault on freedom! (Liberals at work, subversively in Orange County! Who da'thunkit!)

Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
WHAT?!? Oh the staggering assault on freedom! (Liberals at work, subversively in Orange County! Who da'thunkit!)
In OC, those laws are sensible measures narrowly tailored to prevent crime.

This meme has already taken wing, and will live comfortably in perpetuity with Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, the Welfare Queen, Death Panels and Obama's real birth certificate.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,585,616 times
So I take it the aroma of Ganja in the air will be okay though, along with Mariachi music, strong cologne odor, snacks and overweight kids wearing t shirts in the water.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:15 AM

17,613 posts, read 22,554,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
It looks like the media really turned this story upside down. When I went back to the original news article on CBS' website the title had changed from LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches to LA County Updates Ordinance On Ball, Frisbee Throwing On Beaches. Yes, the original law did seem ridiculous. But it looks like that is why they changed it, at least in part. I still don't get the fine for digging holes over 18". When/why would they ever enforce that?
The part about digging holes may be in part due to...

I remember in the 60's , 70's hearing about kids digging into the sand dunes on beach's. Sometimes their dug cave collapsed on them. A few kids almost died. Someone may have died in one of these cave-in's. Seaside beach is one i read about.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,629,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
The part about digging holes may be in part due to...

I remember in the 60's , 70's hearing about kids digging into the sand dunes on beach's. Sometimes their dug cave collapsed on them. A few kids almost died. Someone may have died in one of these cave-in's. Seaside beach is one i read about.
Last summer in Newport Beach:

Teen buried in sand:

I think these rules are in place so Lifeguard's have some control over the beach. If it is too crowded for passing a football, then they can show them where they can play or stop them. Same for frisbees, etc. As far as digging holes, considering the possible danger of cave in if too deep, or injury, I don't think the rule is bad. I think too much is being made over this.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:22 PM

448 posts, read 1,050,943 times
**** you commieforina i'll be glad when i move you can take all your stupid little fines and taxes and shove them right up your arse. why don't you idiots stop spending or don't that compute in your brains? well i would say thay your doing a great job running everyone right out of the armpit of america!! keep it up you won't have no revenue comming in at all. thinks it's time our stupid goverment needs a wake up call!!

Old 02-11-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganto_2010 View Post
**** you commieforina i'll be glad when i move you can take all your stupid little fines and taxes and shove them right up your arse. why don't you idiots stop spending or don't that compute in your brains? well i would say thay your doing a great job running everyone right out of the armpit of america!! keep it up you won't have no revenue comming in at all. thinks it's time our stupid goverment needs a wake up call!!
Well, I see someone can [sort of] write, but can't read ... notice a lot of that on the forum.

In any case: Bye bye
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California