Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 PM

448 posts, read 1,048,818 times

Advertisements

what ever you don't know me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 02:57 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganto_2010 View Post
what ever you don't know me.
I know how you write to present yourself ...
I know how you whine ...
What I don't know is how soon you will leave ...
Please advise.

Oh, and: "best wishes" on your new paradise ...
I'm sure there are many many many many places looking forward to the pleasure of an attitude such as you express.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:04 PM

attitude i express? and your happy with all these stupid taxes and fines. and yes i did read the article and still think it's bogus. one more way for them to rake in more revenue so they can still keep spending. all there doing is running people out of the state with there non sence. ca is the highest taxed state but yet the poorest state. and yes i will let you know when i'm leaving. and no i don't wine for your info i just tell it as i see it.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,384,494 times
Quote:
**** you commieforina i'll be glad when i move you can take all your stupid little fines and taxes and shove them right up your arse. why don't you idiots stop spending or don't that compute in your brains? well i would say thay your doing a great job running everyone right out of the armpit of america!! keep it up you won't have no revenue comming in at all. thinks it's time our stupid goverment needs a wake up call!!
Sorry to introduce some rational perspective to your rant... but you do realize that pretty much all public beaches in all states - not just California - have a wide array of enforceable regulations and restrictions, don't you?

Old 02-11-2012, 03:09 PM

yes i do. ambient back east there was forceable regulations such as no alchol no loitering things like that nothing with throwing a frisbee or a football

Old 02-11-2012, 03:29 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,384,494 times
Quote:
yes i do. ambient back east there was forceable regulations such as no alchol no loitering things like that nothing with throwing a frisbee or a football
Oh yeah? A simple Google search is most enlightening. Here's a sampling of what I found in about a minute from "good old conservative" states like New Jersey and South Carolina. Please explain.

New Jersey Shore Bans Wide Array of Activities - 5/26/2007
N.J. bans wide array of beach activity - US news - Life - msnbc.com
Quote:
Many of the beach towns on Long Beach Island, one of New Jersey’s most popular summer vacation spots, have laws prohibiting people from digging deeper than 12 inches in the sand.

Ocean City passed a law in January prohibiting the feeding of seagulls from beaches or other public property.

Belmar, for example, prohibits smoking, gambling, cursing or changing clothes on its beach. It also says no one may “model, draw or depict any obscene or rude figures upon the beachfront.”

Elsewhere on the Jersey shore, it is illegal to possess a spear gun on the beach in Spring Lake. In Brigantine, you can’t impersonate a member of the beach patrol, or “revel, disport or behave in an annoying, boisterous manner, emitting loud cries.”
Hilton Head Beach Rules
http://www.hiltonheadisland.com/cate...h-information/ (broken link)
Contains such gems as:
Quote:
• Tuesday after Labor Day – September: Animals must be on a leash from 10 A.M. – 5 P.M.
• No surfboards, boogie boards or other articles to ride the surf in designated swimming areas.
• No frisbees or other team sports involving a ball in designated swimming areas.
• No games with metal components (such as metal horseshoes) in designated swimming areas.
Myrtle Beach Laws - just LOOK at all the things that they restrict over there...
City of Myrtle Beach Beach and Boating Regulations
Quote:
Sec. 5-3. Authority of beach patrol officers and their agents as to swimmers, and persons on the beach.
Sec. 5-6. Certain Flotation devices restricted.
Sec. 5-7. Use of bicycles restricted.
Sec.5- 10. Use of kayaks and surfboards restricted.
Sec. 5-16. Fires prohibited.
Sec.5-19. Sleeping on public beach or public access after 9:00 p.m. prohibited.
Sec. 5-21. Aquatic activity within 75 yards of pier prohibited.
Sec. 5-30. Nudity, Display of specified anatomical areas and specified sexual activities prohibited.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
attitude i express? and your happy with all these stupid taxes and fines. and yes i did read the article and still think it's bogus. one more way for them to rake in more revenue so they can still keep spending. all there doing is running people out of the state with there non sence. ca is the highest taxed state but yet the poorest state. and yes i will let you know when i'm leaving. and no i don't wine for your info i just tell it as i see it.
Quote:
You read the article?
But, apparently you didn't read the corrections in the following posts, including:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/22917503-post35.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/22918657-post42.html
which note that the recent news coverage of the ban, originally passed many years ago, was informing about the laws being eased and lifted ...
also the purpose for the original ban.

You just jumped into a knee-jerk, negativity response to whine about something you failed to become informed about.

Have a nice day at your favorite beach playing ball.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:22 PM

caught me off gaurd lol wasnt whining just getting fed up with all the taxes fines seems like they will find anything. now whats wrong with them stop spending and put money away for a rainy day?

Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 PM

Hampton Beach Lifeguards - Beach Regulations

Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
caught me off gaurd lol wasnt whining just getting fed up with all the taxes fines seems like they will find anything. now whats wrong with them stop spending and put money away for a rainy day?
I understand fed up ...
I understand being caught with pants down, too ...
There isn't anything new about the way government works (or doesn't) ...
just go have a great day at the beach ...
take your frisbee ...
don't forget the dog to go with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California