Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:24 PM

242 posts, read 344,643 times

Advertisements

Whatever ! ! ! !

The bottom line is most men take a huge financial beating in divorce court because today for most hard working good men with means, they end up broke and depressed and even suicidal like Robin Williams.

ATTENTION MEN: Please do NOT get married under any circumstances -- JUST DON'T DO IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 10:27 PM

The bottom line is most men take a huge financial beating in divorce court because for most hard working good honest men with means, they end up broke and depressed and even suicidal like Robin Williams.

ATTENTION MEN: Please do NOT get married under any circumstances -- JUST DON'T DO IT.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:32 PM

The bottom line is most Men take a huge financial beating in Divorce Court because today for most hard working good men with means, they end up broke and depressed and even suicidal like Robin Williams.

Many believe the late great Actor/Comedian committed suicide over financial problems derived from the huge financial Pay Outs to his X Wives and current Wife.

Last edited by ebn78; 04-16-2015 at 10:44 PM..

Old 04-16-2015, 10:40 PM

Old 04-16-2015, 10:42 PM

Old 04-17-2015, 08:33 AM

26,636 posts, read 26,559,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
my ex-wife TURNED DOWN full time employment in 2011. I was puzzled by this. I later realized she did this to purposely keep her income low prior to our divorce court appearance.
You can make a vocational evaluation request.

Also see (below) the section, "Will my wife get spousal support from me for life even though I have been supporting her for a fair amount of time since the divorce?"
Will My Wife Get Spousal Support from Me for Life?

Old 04-17-2015, 04:53 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,374,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn78 View Post
The bottom line is most Men take a huge financial beating in Divorce Court because today for most hard working good men with means, they end up broke and depressed and even suicidal like Robin Williams.

Many believe the late great Actor/Comedian committed suicide over financial problems derived from the huge financial Pay Outs to his X Wives and current Wife.

This clip is very long, very powerful, and most definitely emotional. IMO, the punchline starts at the 40 minute mark.

"Robin's Route" may have possibly crossed the minds of - or has been contemplated by - those burdened by the inequities of California's existing alimony laws.

The court system may have made "life termination" a viable option for those burdened with Permanent Spousal Support. After all, if the supporter dies, the supported (be they male or female) will no longer receive a monthly "unearned" check.

I hope and pray Alimony Reform will prevail much before "Robin's Route" becomes commonplace.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:36 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 16 hours ago)

43,380 posts, read 44,098,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That's not how it is. I believe your divorce is dependent on the state you file in and are a resident of at the time, but you should ask an attorney.

I think this is correct as I think NY has a similar 10 year law.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:05 AM

26,636 posts, read 26,559,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I think this is correct as I think NY has a similar 10 year law.
Wrong. The poster, below, has already stated that the 10 year rule and lifetime spousal support is a myth.

Quote:
"The Ten Year Rule is not a magical number that states that a court will automatically award spousal support with indefinite duration. The duration of support would be determined, based on the circumstances of each case. However, ten years is important, since it may affect the court's ability to revisit the issue of spousal support again, and reissue or change the amount of support - ABSENT any agreements between the parties regarding this matter."

Spousal Support & The Mythical Ten Year Rule | divorcenet.com

Old 05-19-2015, 08:54 PM

22,619 posts, read 24,436,315 times
Quote:
When you split from a long term marriage you need to put things in writing, legally. That was the mistake here wasn't it? It wouldn't have been hard to do it from the get go and avoid surprises. I can't even say "omg how awful" since I'm obviously hearing one version of the story. My agreement ends at normal retirement age (because neither of us are that far off) and then we have the pensions split. There will be no surprises.

Prenups are regularly partially-ignored or thrown-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California