Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 01:22 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonguru View Post
Wow, beautiful brown dead fields, and a chain link fence, oh yea and the couple of trees in the back ground that look like they are half dead with just a hint of green to them. Oh yes the mountains in the back ground that you can do nothing with,you cant climb them so what are they there for, to look at??
I do realize that some people's idea of "scenery" is a bunch of skyscraper buildings but I prefer to look at open spaces.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Oh yes the mountains in the back ground that you can do nothing with,you cant climb them so what are they there for, to look at??
Why do you say that the mountains can't be climbed?
I've climbed to the top of Mission Point (far right) several times. Here is a view from the top. (That is the Pacific Ocean in the background, just left of center.)
There is also a trail to the top of Oat Mountain (elevation: 3,748 feet).
And, yes, the mountains are nice to just look at. I so used to seeing them everytime that I look out one of the back windows I don't think I could live anywhere that mountains are not around.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:30 PM

210 posts, read 744,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
I find the Golden Colors mixed with Green very Attractive
Gayguy2007, those are not golden colors that is the color of dead....... not very attractive.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:35 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Quote:
Gayguy2007, those are not golden colors that is the color of dead....... not very attractive.
Thats the look of sunshine. You could move to my old state of Wa and see green grass under a grey sky. Its all opinion.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Why do you say that the mountains can't be climbed?
I've climbed to the top of Mission Point (far right) several times. Here is a view from the top. (That is the Pacific Ocean in the background, just left of center.)
There is also a trail to the top of Oat Mountain (elevation: 3,748 feet).
And, yes, the mountains are nice to just look at. I so used to seeing them everytime that I look out one of the back windows I don't think I could live anywhere that mountains are not around.
Mountains are a waste of space, good for you for climbing that mountain, clap, clap, clap, can you imagine all the crime that was going on down there when you took that picture???? California sucks and is going to get worse face it.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:44 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Quote:

Mountains are a waste of space, good for you for climbing that mountain, clap, clap, clap, can you imagine all the crime that was going on down there when you took that picture???? California sucks and is going to get worse face it.
wow, where do you live allisguru

Old 09-16-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
I never seen a Freeway with Sidewalks before
Your right, ill give you that, it is hard for me to tell the differance between sidewalks and freeways with all the homeless people walking aimlessly down the freeway.......

Old 09-16-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:

A "waste of space?!?" Lol. I will just assume you are saying that with sarcasm.
The mountains have spoiled me... I would really dislike living anywhere in which I can't see mountains from my house. Even out here in the valley there are some areas in which other houses or trees block the view (my house is on a hill and I can see the Santa Susana mountains from the backyard).

You do realize that some of the safest areas in the country are the towns of Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Santa Clarita?

Old 09-16-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Your right, ill give you that, it is hard for me to tell the differance between sidewalks and freeways with all the homeless people walking aimlessly down the freeway.......
That is a street in the photo (Corbin Ave.). Nice to drive on... no homeless people and never backed up with traffic.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
wow, where do you live allisguru
Yeah, I'm wondering about that, too. Must be someplace with no mountains!
Poor guy (or gal).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California