Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:07 PM

412 posts, read 1,151,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Churn.
Like a blender thing? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 05:17 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,854,667 times
More like the churn of any given neighborhood's demographics. The elementary school I attended for kindergarten in Inglewood was 100% white. The school that replaced it (2 streets over, the 105 construction took it out) is <1% white. For a few decades after my time there, it was 100% black. Now the dominant color is brown (57% vs 40%).

Churn baby, churn.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:18 PM

64 posts, read 77,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
That you don't see anything wrong with it is troubling but unfortunately i think you may be right ... that many (most? i don't know) people feel and think as you do.
And i'm one of those people who much prefers to be in a diverse community.
I've lived in homogeneous places and, to me, it's totally creepy.
You can keep your diversity jaijai jamaica man. Keep it out of white communities as well.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:23 PM

412 posts, read 1,151,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
More like the churn of any given neighborhood's demographics. The elementary school I attended for kindergarten in Inglewood was 100% white. The school that replaced it (2 streets over, the 105 construction took it out) is <1% white. For a few decades after my time there, it was 100% black. Now the dominant color is brown (57% vs 40%).

Churn baby, churn.
Dang that's a quite of a change.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 PM

When someone doesn't have an argument, they pick at someones grammar or show stupid videos. Its the game that the intellectually inferior play. And yes you could be white as well.. the white trash that I sure don't wanna hang around with. Give me a neighborhood with confederate flags and pick up trucks over you MOD CUT fools. At least I won't have to worry about high crime. The following states I'd live in over CA: Pennsylvania, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Vermont, NH. What do they all have in common? Clean air, small crime per capita, no diversity!

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-19-2012 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: rude, knock it off...

Old 02-19-2012, 06:13 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,840,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy14 View Post
When someone doesn't have an argument, they pick at someones grammar or show stupid videos. Its the game that the intellectually inferior play. And yes you could be white as well.. the white trash that I sure don't wanna hang around with. Give me a neighborhood with confederate flags and pick up trucks over you MOD CUT lovin fools. At least I won't have to worry about high crime. The following states I'd live in over CA: Pennsylvania, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Vermont, NH. What do they all have in common? Clean air, small crime per capita, no diversity!
Move then.
Although your mind will find another target to project the hatred in your heart upon.
That's the way it happens.

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-19-2012 at 07:30 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Nope.. once I cut the main problems out that will pretty much be it. Anything I am not complaining about now will not give me a reason to complain in the future. If I do, then it will be with general stuff or things I hear about online, not so much people I don't like since at this point I would have moved away from the bulk of them even if a few do lurk.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:20 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,840,754 times
uh huh.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,537,343 times
Quote:
When someone doesn't have an argument, they pick at someones grammar or show stupid videos. Its the game that the intellectually inferior play. And yes you could be white as well.. the white trash that I sure don't wanna hang around with. Give me a neighborhood with confederate flags and pick up trucks over you MOD CUT fools. At least I won't have to worry about high crime. The following states I'd live in over CA: Pennsylvania, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Vermont, NH. What do they all have in common? Clean air, small crime per capita, no diversity!
No diversity and low crime in Philly?
And while Chester's not diverse, somehow I don't think that's the kind of lack of diversity you want....

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-19-2012 at 07:31 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 07:21 PM

159 posts, read 489,993 times
Quote:
Pennsylvania has a lot of diversity in it. Aside from the large black population in Philly, there are a lot of Puerto Ricans in some parts of PA, and plenty of Asians in some of the suburbs of Philadelphia, and there is indeed a Chinatown and a Vietnamese district in Philadelphia.

The Portland area has plenty of Hispanics and Asians in some areas, and the city of Portland has plenty of blacks.

Idaho has quite a lot of Mexican immigrants too

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-19-2012 at 07:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California