U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2012, 09:11 AM

26,362 posts, read 54,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post

Will they let people bring their dogs to work and play foosball during breaks?

Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 10:42 AM

12,312 posts, read 10,201,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
I will raise my hand.... I like hard labor... I consciously gave up high paying executive work more than a decade ago, to seek hard labor...
I imagine that both "high paying executive work" and "hard labor" are being vastly exaggerated here....

Playing rancher isn't hard labor....though I can see how middle-class Americans would conceive of such.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:48 AM

6,047 posts, read 11,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post

Anyhow, I'm not sure I'd categorize fire fighting as hard labor though. Fire fighters spend far more time playing games, talking, etc than anything that resembles hard labor...or well work at all.
Obviously from one who has never done it. That's the most BS statement I think I've ever read here on CD....and that's saying something.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?
Probably, but I wake up on the same side of the bed every morning.

Quote:
If you read my entire post, I WOULD love to get paid to not sit behind a desk so I'm getting paid to be active vs. what I do now. And I WOULD love to get paid to make a difference vs. what I do now.
I read your post, but I was asking a question of the thread as a whole. I wasn't sure what the implication was.

In terms of making a difference, no worries, I reckon if you worked (or owned) at a gym you'd be making the same sort of difference in society.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Obviously from one who has never done it. That's the most BS statement I think I've ever read here on CD....and that's saying something.
Oh yes...of course, but the important question here is....is it a good time to buy?

Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 AM

1,625 posts, read 929,499 times
Quote:
I imagine that both "high paying executive work" and "hard labor" are being vastly exaggerated here....

Playing rancher isn't hard labor....though I can see how middle-class Americans would conceive of such.
Crabby today... What gives............?

OK... Lets see 6 figures plus in the 1990's was high pay for a farm boy...

Not much of a rancher... Grew up farming full time, now I just grow a couple acres of produce, do all the work myself, raise some livestock... Do logging, log home building, own and operate a small sawmill, yes off bearing hardwood boards is hard labor..... Yep I screw off a bunch, why not?

Pulling a winch line with logging chains over your shoulder out in steep terrain is hard labor... So is and peeling logs with a draw knife. If you are in a tee shirt when it is 15F outside and you are still steaming with sweat, that my soft yellow bellied friend is hard labor...

Don't judge me I won't judge you........... $*&$^# jerk

Old 02-18-2012, 11:14 AM

653 posts, read 163,344 times
Quote:
Probably, but I wake up on the same side of the bed every morning.

I read your post, but I was asking a question of the thread as a whole. I wasn't sure what the implication was.

In terms of making a difference, no worries, I reckon if you worked (or owned) at a gym you'd be making the same sort of difference in society.
You just LOVE to judge and pick fights, don't you? I'd ask what I ever did to deserve your hate today (on multiple threads) if I actually gave a cr*p.

And you don't know the business model for the gym (but of course you'll take time out of your day to judge, because THAT'S productive), but since I struggle with disabilities after multiple injuries, the focus would be on therapy for humans and animals with injuries, so yes, in my book, that IS making a difference to society.

Now go throw your hate onto someone else. You and I are no longer speaking (which I'm sure you're happy about, so you're welcome ).

Old 02-18-2012, 11:32 AM

17,250 posts, read 13,397,142 times
Quote:

Pretty big claim. I don't think you've ever been on one have you.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
OK... Lets see 6 figures plus in the 1990's was high pay for a farm boy...
Perhaps it was high pay for "a farm boy"...I wouldn't know, but its not high pay in terms of California even in the 1990's. You traded what sounds like a stressful job where you were forced to work a lot to make, what you perceive as "high pay", and you traded it for a rural lifestyle where you work less...but perhaps have to use your muscles a bit more. Of course, that is a perfectly valid choice, I just think its odd to describe it in terms of "high pay executive" to "hard labor".

At the end of the day I just get a kick out of the tough guy thing....

Old 02-18-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
You just LOVE to judge and pick fights, don't you? I'd ask what I ever did to deserve your hate today (on multiple threads) if I actually gave a cr*p.
Picking fights? Nah....judging? Of course. Places like city-data are filled with all sorts of people, not everyone in the world is "the sky is always bright" sort. Of course, if one doesn't like negative sorts you can just ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: