Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
So true. Wish we could put up a border checkpoint at the city limits to keep the DBags, Bros and Notice-me-dammits out.

But they do spend money here, and more dollars are added to the city coffers as they get busted for DUIs when they try to drive back to the 909.
That would be a good start, but we'd still need to thin the indigenous, MMA aspiring, self-entitled, date-rapey herd. We could introduce a legion of spayed, tramp-stamped females in sweatpants with words on the butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:13 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
So long as they buy our iPads, watch our movies and drink our damn wine. who the hell cares what they think.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:58 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
That would be a good start, but we'd still need to thin the indigenous, MMA aspiring, self-entitled, date-rapey herd. We could introduce a legion of spayed, tramp-stamped females in sweatpants with words on the butt.
While we do have an indigenous herd of trash MMA wannabees here, most of those idiots come in with the 909 crowd, and they generally bring in their own skanky, trailer trash wimen. No sure about the spayed part.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,282 times
People can hate on CA all they want. We certainly have our problems, but at the end of the day I would rather live in a hovel in California than a mansion in Kentucky or Montana. The only other states I would want to live in is Oregon, Hawaii, or one of the blue Northeast states possibly.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:09 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Californians are the envy of every human being on this planet.
Smug. Electronically personified.

No wonder some people I know back east don't have such a high opinion of Californians.

Quote:
People can hate on CA all they want. We certainly have our problems, but at the end of the day I would rather live in a hovel in California than a mansion in Kentucky or Montana.
Okay, I'd rather live in a room in someone's house or an efficiency before a mansion in Kentucky. And I'm from Kentucky. That said...

Don't knock the Bluegrass until you try it. I think you'd find Louisville (the actual urban part, not its sprawling suburbia) to be liberal and progressive, Lexington to be clean and beautiful, and Northern Kentucky to have a small town feel just across the bustle and thriving arts and cultural activities of Cincinnati.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 PM

412 posts, read 1,152,757 times
Quote:
People can hate on CA all they want. We certainly have our problems, but at the end of the day I would rather live in a hovel in California than a mansion in Kentucky or Montana. The only other states I would want to live in is Oregon, Hawaii, or one of the blue Northeast states possibly.
Good point. I don't care what they think but we have share of our own problems as well. People can hate any state all they want and there's no stopping them. I grew up in one of the most hated cities of California because of the reputation with crime problems. Luckily, I made it thru alive.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:01 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoias View Post
Good point. I don't care what they think but we have share of our own problems as well. People can hate any state all they want and there's no stopping them. I grew up in one of the most hated cities of California because of the reputation with crime problems. Luckily, I made it thru alive.
Oakland?

Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
I think it has to do with the fact the state politicians. The people running California aren't doing a very good job.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
I know, maybe everyone would love us more if we were like Oklahoma, and outlawed abortion under any circumstances, including impregnation through rape! Or if we were like Texas, and revised our school textbooks so that America looks better, and so we could deny evolution! Or if we basically outlawed being a Latino person, like Arizona, or passed anti-union laws like Wisconsin. The sad thing is, it's actually true that many people would love us more if all that happened.

Before anyone jumps on me, yeah, I know we have many like-minded people here in CA too, who would love to see similar laws passed here (and prop 8 did get passed too), but at least they're way outnumbered and the state isn't run by them.
And how's that working out for you all?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Informers View Post
Good for you, California is miserable yet you feel the need to post on California related forums? I don't understand this logic. All these people complaining how bad it is yet they hang around a state specific forum? Why? Why not stay on the Texas or whatever state you now reside in forum if it's so miserable and shameful here.
Big reason - it's a free country.

Lesser reasons - I use to live there and have insight. I have family and friends there and like to stay informed. I still love the state and want to do what I can to fight the progressive destruction of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California