Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM

653 posts, read 945,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I gotta say it:
this thread is a hoot
One can always count on vegetables to get the job done.
How much fun are veggies?!
Right? I thought we were talking about veggies, but about 20 pages of posts ago, I realized that's not what the topic was at all. I wonder where I ever got that crazy veggie idea from? (It was probably my stomach clouding my reading. )

And I wonder why 20 pages of off-topic posts isn't considered fighting, but just a couple of flustered posts by an OP on another thread is. Ah, what do I know?

Off to the Dogs board I go!

Have fun, and be nice to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Raw, steamed and buttered, pureed into soup ... it's all good, man ...
Yummy!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,511 times
I will toss in one thought... I do not see "suffering" in the physical sense of pain or death...... I see "suffering" as a mental state... an awareness if you will a construct of the mind.

anyway
later.. taters...

Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
I will toss in one thought... I do not see "suffering" in the physical sense of pain or death...... I see "suffering" as a mental state... an awareness if you will a construct of the mind.

anyway
later.. taters...
Yes same here...that is exactly how I see suffering it is all mental indeed

Later Tater

Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
I'm not sure that I have ever gone more than one day in a row without eating copious amounts of the stuff. If you ever need a place to dump your surplus, I'm your man. Raw, steamed and buttered, pureed into soup ... it's all good, man ...

Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,851,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
Right? I thought we were talking about veggies, but about 20 pages of posts ago, I realized that's not what the topic was at all. I wonder where I ever got that crazy veggie idea from? (It was probably my stomach clouding my reading. )

And I wonder why 20 pages of off-topic posts isn't considered fighting, but just a couple of flustered posts by an OP on another thread is. Ah, what do I know?

Off to the Dogs board I go!

Have fun, and be nice to each other.
It's a wonderful, free flowing, good spirited, organically evolving thread where vegies come and go and where, after being forewarned by NewToCA, there has been very little negativity and a lot of positive and interesting (to me anyway) exchanges.
Even user-id is being a relatively good boy.
And yet you complain and do something akin to tattling by stating that what may be considered "off topic" is fighting?
What's up with that?
And how long can one stay rigidly "on-topic" and discuss Esalen and their garden?
And many of the posts that may be considered "off topic" are an extension of and are certainly related to the spirit of the Esalen Institute.
Imo, it's nice to have one thread on the California forum that is very open and where tangents are not frowned upon but rather create an interesting stream of thought and expression.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post

anyway
later.. taters...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Yes same here...that is exactly how I see suffering it is all mental indeed

Later Tater
Yep. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Attitude adjustment goes a long way. There's real physical suffering too. And there's bona fide mental/emotional suffering. But most of it is expectations-based -- as can be adjusted on the fly.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
How about with sprinkles, Fontucky?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:44 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,851,151 times
oh gag! that's revolting.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
People who have their minds made up and are entrenched in their attitudes and perceptions are impossible to reach and it's impossible to have any kind fruitful dialogue with them.
I agree, that is why I don't debate matters with those with religiously held beliefs. There needs to be an agreed methodology, a methodology that can determine what is correct and what isn't, without such a methodology dialogue is just hot-air.

And yes, the views you are stating are religious in nature.

Quote:
You have some attitudes and ideas that are rather cliche at best...
Awesome, but I believe things because the evidence suggests they are true...whether they are "cliche" to some particular person is immaterial.

Quote:
be more humble and try to open your mind (if only just a bit) so that you might evolve ....
I love this sort of thing....while you yap about me being arrogant what you're basically saying is that you're right about everything and people that disagree need to "evolve" and become more like you....that is because you believe that you are super special....an "old soul" no doubt.

Anyhow, would you like to rant some more about me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California