Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Redding continues to change exponentially... and the people that pollute all other California cities have shown up in force in the last two years with all their ills.... marijuana is now out of control and destroying neighborhood after neighborhood.. meth is here but tweakers normally burn themselves out... marijuana knuckleheads want to make this Oakland two...despair in young people is rampant.. welfare is everywhere...last year we had somewhere in the neighborhood of five positions for 750 ems applicants...to get a public safety job and potentially secure life is next to impossible.. I feel sorry for those that try.. they have to leave...

Real estate bargains abound.. nature is still awesome but the summer heat and rain all in 90 days or so makes the physical environ challenging
Strip malls with useless stores go up one after the other while others remain vacant.... 8.00 an hour is the norm
The wholesale release of felons has overwhelmed the smaller law enforcement agencies who struggle themselves
The city built the taj mahal city hall... fancy street lights and manhole covers... but forgot that the police department is literally falling down around them and fire stations are being so understaffed as to not being able to respond without another station responding as well

The people that are coming to Redding are not the type of people you want to attract to a city that once catered to family life.. the ones coming are attracted to the hip hop lowlife thugster mentality... the younger people who are actually motivated get out of Redding as fast as they can... the ones that stay are happy to suck off the system and the rest of us as long as they can... and because its California that means.. probably forever...

Ive wanted to leave for several years now... but Im entrenched by being a property holder of several homes... and the values are in the toilet right now... but I continue towards a master plan of moving out of California and this oppressive liberal place

Dang! I just submitted my application for a position in Redding with the VA. If they come calling, I'm going to have to say "no longer interested." I have a little one and I'd be out of my right mind to move her to such a doomed environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 12:18 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,349 times
I moved to Redding in 1980. I raised six children all graduating from the same high school.
The town of Redding has been good to me and my family.

There are two close by lakes, one cold water and the other warm water lakes.

The river runs by the town and makes for nice scenery.

There are walking trails, with the Sun dial bridge in path.

Downtown Redding, well...it is what it is....though the city planers tried to spruce the place up, and to some degree, has some nice modifications.

Plenty of restaurants, of which a few qualify as good.

The weather....is hot...very hot for at least a month out of the year. The rest of the year is great with a mix.

The job situation is like they say, about minimum wage. Unless you have something to come to, meaning a good job transfer or something to that effect, you might have to do with what is.

There are some big churches, membership wise, that kind of help keep Redding somewhat balanced I believe.

Like any other move anyone makes to anywhere in the USA, one has to take chances.

I trusted God to open doors for me here and He did. I have no regrets moving to Redding. All my six children except for one live in Redding. Which has been a great blessing to my wife and I.

Every city has its problems.

I believe that the whole country is going down a perilous path of liberalism. One just has to live as best as possible where ever one moved to.

Sooooo....I wish you good lock!

Blessings, AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California