Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 AM

13 posts, read 18,590 times

Advertisements

Me and my family have been planning to make a big move to Cali. The thing is we don't know where and we will be moving in November. So if any one know of good cities to move to in Cali coming from Houston, Texas, please let me know and why. If you guys are familiar with the Houston area we are looking for some areas like the Woodlands, Sugar Land, and Pearland. Good enough to enjoy our stay and raise our family. We are a very out going family, so something not too boring. Thanks
Condo or House
Price not a problem

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-26-2012 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: edited for spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 12:55 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,422,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munozaleticia View Post
Me and my family have been planning to make a big move to Cali. The thing is we don't know where and we will be moving in November. So if any one know of good cities to move to in Cali coming from Houston, Texas, please let me know and why. If you guys are formillar with the Houston area we are looking for some areas like the Woodlands, Sugar Land, and Pearland. Good enough to enjoy our stay and raise our family. We are a very out going family, so something not too boring. Thanks
Condo or House
Price not a problem
Hey there fellow Houstonian What part of California are you looking to move to?(pssst they don't take to kindly when you say Cali...but it does not bother me...just a heads up)

What type of job will you have or did you just inherit a bunch of oil money and are coming to live the high life in California?

FYI not one city in California is similar to the Woodlands, Sugar Land or Pearland. LA is very similar to the city of Houston minus the geography.

I lived in Houston most of my life with a few years in Austin and Dallas. I relocated here 3 years ago. I am certain I can answer anything you need to know.

California is very diverse geographically. Also SF and LA are just as culturally diverse as Houston.

You can live in the mountains or down by the ocean side. You can live in the more forested areas or the desert. There are many choices.

It would help if you could give more of a background such as why are you moving here? What type of employment are you seeking or do you have a job lined up? Do you know anything about California? Have you ever visted here?

Feel free to DM me or just ask on this forum and I/we will be happy to help you.

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-26-2012 at 11:27 PM..

Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,968,494 times
Quote:
Me and my family have been planning to make a big move to Cali. The thing is we don't know where and we will be moving in November. So if any one know of good cities to move to in Cali coming from Houston, Texas, please let me know and why. If you guys are formillar with the Houston area we are looking for some areas like the Woodlands, Sugar Land, and Pearland. Good enough to enjoy our stay and raise our family. We are a very out going family, so something not too boring. Thanks
Condo or House
Price not a problem
Where's your job located? Saying "HousePrice not a problem" makes me question your authenticity as well as other noticeable indicators.

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-26-2012 at 11:27 PM..

Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,616,520 times
No surprise the OP started a similar thread in Florida. I think everyone who joins city-data, should get a map of the world and a handful of darts.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Where's your job located? Saying "HousePrice not a problem" makes me question your authenticity as well as other noticeable indicators.
I haven't found a job in that state yet, I'm a dental assistant..... me saying house price not a problem makes you question what???

Old 07-26-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
No surprise the OP started a similar thread in Florida. I think everyone who joins city-data, should get a map of the world and a handful of darts.
Yes there is a similar thread for florida! I need info on both these states from the people who live there. So if you have a problem with a young woman needing info.... you know what..... never mind, report it!

Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,968,494 times
Quote:
I haven't found a job in that state yet, I'm a dental assistant..... me saying house price not a problem makes you question what???
That you're serious.

You can't ask such a vague question and expect a credible or helpful answer. You say you're only 24. What's your price point? Rent or buy? Norcal or Socal? Private or public schools? One income or dual? City, suburb, or rural? Commute or walk to work? What salary range do you think you'll be paid?

I could tell you that you could look into Piedmont, Palo Alto, or Tiburon since you've stated that you have an unlimited amount of funds/income (which is highly doubtful). Houses are around 2million and up for a starter home. Make any sense yet?

Old 07-26-2012, 06:06 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,891,386 times
It's a very big state so I'd recommend your family come and take a week or two of vacation, rent a car, and drive around as there is loads to see & do plus you'll be able to get a first hand account of the various cities and neighborhoods.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
It's a very big state so I'd recommend your family come and take a week or two of vacation, rent a car, and drive around as there is loads to see & do plus you'll be able to get a first hand account of the various cities and neighborhoods.
That will be our next step in about 2 weeks, next week we will be flying to Florida and stay there for a week, then fromFlorida we will be flying to LA and stay for a week.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,422,344 times
Quote:
That will be our next step in about 2 weeks, next week we will be flying to Florida and stay there for a week, then fromFlorida we will be flying to LA and stay for a week.

I hope you have a blast and find what you are looking for! LA is a fun city IMO! Reminds me of Houston I wish you could also come to Northern CA and look around. Southern CA is much different than Northern CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California